Giggles Autopot Coco Blue Treacle Grow Journal 2018

Sir giggleswick

Hi everyone this will be my first grow, I have spent the last 4 months learning as much as I can about growing and the time has come to put it all into practice, I must admit I am a little nerves and excited all at the same time, I have only been on the site one day and everyone has been brilliant and gave me a warm welcome. I should probably start by giving you a list of the equipment and the information on the strain I will be using in the grow.

Seeds - Blue Treacle auto feminized
The genetics are Blueberry male crossed with Sweet Tooth auto female should yield 450g - 750gm/2 in 60-65days with 15%-18% THC, it's a balanced Hybrid that should be short in height but dripping with sticky resin with a sweet blueberry taste with woody undertones:D

Tent - is a bud box 1x1x1.8m
Light - LED Mars Hydro full spectrum 600w true watt is 278w
Hydro - AutoPot XL witch is the 25L or 5 gallon pot version with a 47L or 10 gallon tank/rez
Climate Control - GSE temperature humidity and negative pressure controller
Extractor FAN - RVK 4" 184M3/h
Intake FAN - Orchid axial-flo 4" 105M3/h
Carbon Filter - ECO 4" filter
Growth Medium - canna coco professional plus
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients PH perfect coco grow and bloom, Carbload and Overdrive

And that's it I hope I have not forgot anything if I have then let me know and I will update.

Seeds are under a paper towel at the moment and should see roots soon but thought I would take a pic just to get things going.
IMG_2015.JPG

Ok so I might have a bit of a problem, yesterday I was waiting for my GoGrow Autopot to be delivered but it was lost by the carrier
Amazon.png

So i ordered a new one a Autopot XL witch might take a few days to get here, the big problem is this morning my seeds have sprouted roots and will probably need planting tomorrow, they are Autos and don't like to be transplanted, only thing I can think of is getting some rock wool cubes witch might give me a few more days till the hydro is deliverd, any thoughts,

also a update on the seeds
IMG_2017.JPG

Good start bud, pulling up a chair for this one... I myself use coco, I highly recommend you try using 'great white mycorrhize' amazing for the roots.. Don't forget "more roots the more fruits"

Don't worry about your auto pots atm mate, just get some nice small starting pots they will be fine when transplanted... That way it'll give your roots a headstart while you wait.
Do you have a Ph and ec/ppm pens?

Good start bud, pulling up a chair for this one... I myself use coco, I highly recommend you try using 'great white mycorrhize' amazing for the roots.. Don't forget "more roots the more fruits"

Don't worry about your auto pots atm mate, just get some nice small starting pots they will be fine when transplanted... That way it'll give your roots a headstart while you wait.
Do you have a Ph and ec/ppm pens?

I will be using coco in the hydro so I have lots of that and I have a few small seedling pots, my thought was the roots might not come out of the rockwool before it gets here and would keep the shock to a minimum, but in coco the root will be exposed when transplanting, I do have a bluelab PH pen and a bluelab EC PPM truncheon only problem with the truncheon is dose not give digital read out like most pens.

See if you can hold out with your rockwool then buddy, but don't worry about the roots being exposed if you do use a small pot then transplant, long as everything is clean.. Plus the up side to transplanting for me is that I sprinkle a little amount of the great white onto the roots, it works wonders for me.
I have the same bluelab ec, it's different, but works wonders, just don't forget to test your plain water first before adding any nutes bro.
You grow how ever you feel is best buddy, best way to learn...
Good luck

So its not going as planed my delivery that got lost it turns out some lads hijacked the amazon van about 1 mile from where I live there was a post on facebook, some guy spotted a load of empty amazon boxes and rang the police, am following the post last I herd the police had taken all the boxes for evidence, so with it been a hydro I do expect to get a knock at the door, I know its not illegal to own a hydro but I think we all know the police will want to come and have a look, sucks been in the uk,
FB_IMG_1539611132625.png

Am thinking of a plan B I rely don't want to stop this before it got started, anyway I have mixed my first set of nutrients and will be putting them in some small pots, I picked up some perlite today so thinking of doing a 50/50 mix with the coco, I will have to move them into the pots soon as the roots are 1/4 inch big except one that has not cracked yet,

IMG_2018.JPG

So a bit more info on the 1 litre nutrient mix, I tested the tap waters PH and EC before mixing, the PH was 8.1 and EC 0.1, FC 1, PPM 500(TDS) 100 and PPM ECx700 was at 140, I added advanced nutrients coco grow A @ 0.8ml then coco grow B @ 0.8ml it said on the bottle to add 1 ml per litre but I went just a little bit lower as I keep hearing less is more, after the PH was at 6.4 so I added some PH down I heard it strong stuff so I put on some plastic gloves and just ran my finger inside the bottles lid after about 5 mins I had it down to a PH of 5.9 as I hear coco is best at 5.8 - 6.0, my EC is now at 0.7, FC 7, PPM 500 TDS 350, and PPM ECx700 at 490, I have it in a spray bottle set on fine mist and will spray when I pot the seeds, am not sure if this mix is to strong for a seed but if it is can someone let me know and I can make a new batch, once again thanks to everyone helping me with this your knowledge time and effort is truly appreciated:thumb:

Ppm for new seedlings had to be lower. If you give it new babies with 500 it will be way too much. I made that error at only 400ppm nearly lost whole crop ( check my journal for Barney farm bonanza. ) only just recovering now , nearly 3 weeks later !!!. 1st week in pots needs to be just ph'd water to allow them to settle in. No need to feed them till the little rounded cotyledon leaves go yellow ( this is the seedling taking her first feed from her seed stored nutes and the purpose of those two tiny paddle looking leaves that first open up.) then introduce the feed in increments from about 250ppm over the veg weeks until you find the max she can take.
I know I am in dwc so differs in ways but please check with other posts on new seedlings and ppm before you feed them. Just water till they eat the city leaves !!. Read up on this , I only found this snippet of goodness a few days back.

Ppm for new seedlings had to be lower. If you give it new babies with 500 it will be way too much. I made that error at only 400ppm nearly lost whole crop ( check my journal for Barney farm bonanza. ) only just recovering now , nearly 3 weeks later !!!. 1st week in pots needs to be just ph'd water to allow them to settle in. No need to feed them till the little rounded cotyledon leaves go yellow ( this is the seedling taking her first feed from her seed stored nutes and the purpose of those two tiny paddle looking leaves that first open up.) then introduce the feed in increments from about 250ppm over the veg weeks until you find the max she can take.
I know I am in dwc so differs in ways but please check with other posts on new seedlings and ppm before you feed them. Just water till they eat the city leaves !!. Read up on this , I only found this snippet of goodness a few days back.

Will have to edit the post it's at 350 PPM from the (PPM 500 TDS) reading, but that's still way to high, i just flushed them had some PH water already made just in case, I had a feeling it was to early, but had read so much about them needing feeling straight away, hopefully not to much damage has been done, I will flush them again just to make sure I new I should had waited for a reply before doing anything

i know the feeling mate. slow and steady until they reward you with vigorous growth spurts , then you can get podgy their bellies. all in good time friend. also be careful with the plod visit. sad that some thieving scum can cause so much damage to so many people. hope they catch the pricks. uk growing can be a headache at times

i know the feeling mate. slow and steady until they reward you with vigorous growth spurts , then you can get podgy their bellies. all in good time friend. also be careful with the plod visit. sad that some thieving scum can cause so much damage to so many people. hope they catch the pricks. uk growing can be a headache at times

The hydro was the last piece of the puzzle mate and I was ready, this is more than growing some bud this was getting my life back with no pain so I can help others that need it, and be able to grow what I need not what I can get, the meds that am on make me feel sick and dont do anything for the pain trying to run 2 buissnes and a house it's just getting to much and right now I have no idea what to do next, should i risk growing or wait and try again later, is so messed up

If you can keep them going on a small scale( movable maybe) get some pepper seeds going so if they arrive you can introduce the idea you are trying peppers or similar if potted on window sill or visible to them. I get your dilemma though mate. An ex workmate grasses me to my employer so had to rip a £5000 setup out in a day and get rid. Gutted me and they never turned up with the Fed's just an investigation on paper.!

So its not going as planed my delivery that got lost it turns out some lads hijacked the amazon van about 1 mile from where I live there was a post on facebook, some guy spotted a load of empty amazon boxes and rang the police, am following the post last I herd the police had taken all the boxes for evidence, so with it been a hydro I do expect to get a knock at the door, I know its not illegal to own a hydro but I think we all know the police will want to come and have a look, sucks been in the uk,
FB_IMG_1539611132625.png

Am thinking of a plan B I rely don't want to stop this before it got started, anyway I have mixed my first set of nutrients and will be putting them in some small pots, I picked up some perlite today so thinking of doing a 50/50 mix with the coco, I will have to move them into the pots soon as the roots are 1/4 inch big except one that has not cracked yet,

IMG_2018.JPG

So a bit more info on the 1 litre nutrient mix, I tested the tap waters PH and EC before mixing, the PH was 8.1 and EC 0.1, FC 1, PPM 500(TDS) 100 and PPM ECx700 was at 140, I added advanced nutrients coco grow A @ 0.8ml then coco grow B @ 0.8ml it said on the bottle to add 1 ml per litre but I went just a little bit lower as I keep hearing less is more, after the PH was at 6.4 so I added some PH down I heard it strong stuff so I put on some plastic gloves and just ran my finger inside the bottles lid after about 5 mins I had it down to a PH of 5.9 as I hear coco is best at 5.8 - 6.0, my EC is now at 0.7, FC 7, PPM 500 TDS 350, and PPM ECx700 at 490, I have it in a spray bottle set on fine mist and will spray when I pot the seeds, am not sure if this mix is to strong for a seed but if it is can someone let me know and I can make a new batch, once again thanks to everyone helping me with this your knowledge time and effort is truly appreciated:thumb:
That really does suck about your parcel, the thief may have your info. You may want to consider getting a guard dog.

That really does suck about your parcel, the thief may have your info. You may want to consider getting a guard dog.
Didn't think of that but the scumbag was more an opportunist than intelligent hopefully. Keep your eye on local gumtree or facebook selling sites for the culprit maybe

I had a good think last night after feeling sorry for myself lol, so the new plan is to just grow 2 girls, I managed to get to a hydro shop today I ended picking up a x display tent, it was the only small one they had and its seen better days but it will do, and a DWC pot it came with a pump pebbles the lot, I should be able to grow them for a month in the small tent and still use my led light and have room for growth I will hide this away some where safe, I will take my other setup down and get that stashed away, if they do turn up and find them, 2 small plants is better than 4 and with a small set up they will just take the tent and light and tell me not to do it again, the only problem I have with this is proper climate control, if they have not turned up with in a month then as the flower stage kicks in and they start to stretch I will put them back in the big setup so I can control the humidity, and temps better I might not be able to do a hydro this time but it will be ready for next time, I also went to the garden center, grate minds think alike ganjagrandaddy:D and picked up a load of plants, one I will stick in the DWC and that will be in the conservatory in plane site along with the other house plants I have a big garden with plants so it looks normal, and that explains why I bought a new hydro am just upgrading for my poor house plants that suffer when am away, I even bought a Japanese acer witch looks a bit like a cannabis plant it has long thin five finger leaves this will be for my own amusement when they spot it and start asking questions, maybe I should start a new grow journal as this has change a bit what do you all think.

Hay poppajack I did think they might have my address but I will sort that out if it comes to it, also my house is fully insured so that's not a problem if they take anything, I will claim it back.
Sorry if this is hard to understand and boring am tired and this is the second time writing this as my internet cut out, right its time for a long bath its been a busy day and my back is killing, :peace:

Good move mate. If you give them time in veg and prep them both for a big scrog. You can still pull a similar amount to 4 too. Might mean 2 weeks more veg but ( unless autos) but the end result will pay dividends for two weeks of your extra time. I am nearly a month off my plan and been holding ladies back , trying to time it up right for canopy management. So much for a relaxing hobby. Lol.
Keep positive mate. Blips in time is all they are.

So my new hydro came today its a shame I wont be using it in this grow but its hear, I tried my small tent today but the temps just kept rising after 3h it was at 29c or 84f so that's put another spanner in the works, I don't know if I will continue this grow, I might have to start over in a 4-6 weeks, I will have to make a decision tonight, because one of the girls has popped her head up the other two you can just see the shells popping so they should be up tomorrow.

IMG_2025.JPG

And here's a close up
IMG_2025_2.JPG

the seed that didn't pop I put in a plastic bottle with some water the next day she had started to root, because she was late I will keep her in the bottle and see how long she will survive for sort of a experiment, this is not my idea I am just following a thread that ganjagrandaddy recommended its a brilliant read very interesting stuff, Easy Seed Germination
and as always some more images

SEED IN DARK FOR 2 DAYS
IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2027_2.JPG

even if I stop the grow I will still continue this and see how long I can keep her alive for in this state.

much love and will have a update for you all tomorrow :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom