Girl Scout Cookies Xtrm In Coco LED

I just ordered an RO also. I selected an additional "float switch". Works a lot like a toilet float valve, I'm told.

And since filters (and membrane) are expensive to replace, we don't want to put any unnecessary water thru it.

The float valve won't waste a drop.

I considered buying a mineralizer with the RO (for the cal/mag) but was skeptical of it's actual value. I'll just add cal/mag instead.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey T! Yes I can't wait. No more fluoride and other "additives" in my house! I did read that about the sea salt or Himalayan salt but I ended up getting an alkaline filter. It's right after the RO membrane and adds cal/mag and other minerals back into the water. It also makes the water alkaline for drinking. Not so good for plants but that's an easy fix.

Hummm, high alkaline huh, I got a buddy that's battling the big C and I'm trying to get him to start dosing with RSO but until I can get my crop in I suggested that he start on a daily Baking soda/ lemon water to raise his bodies ph its supposed to at the least arrest the cancerous cells if not kill them out right. I wonder if water at a ph above 7.5 could do the trick too?:hmmmm:

I just ordered an RO also. I selected an additional "float switch". Works a lot like a toilet float valve, I'm told.

And since filters (and membrane) are expensive to replace, we don't want to put any unnecessary water thru it.

The float valve won't waste a drop.

I considered buying a mineralizer with the RO (for the cal/mag) but was skeptical of it's actual value. I'll just add cal/mag instead.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey yeah! I have seen those. Looks like a great solution if your using a bucket but I'm using the small mouth 5 gal blue water jugs. The tubing with a double female connector barely fits. I hear you on the alkaline/ mineralizing filter but I couldn't say no with the price I got. After using the system, I truly believe in it! Using ph test drops my tap ph comes out around 7, the ph coming out of my RO is unreadable on my drops. I'm guessing ph of 9 when RO is normally around 6ph. My drops stop at ph 8.5 I don't understand how the filter could be a gimmick though. It's just small pieces of minerals the water washes over and picks up. I really like this addition to my system because
1 I like that the ro strips everything then adds a certain amount of only what I need. I think the majority of it is cal, mag, and potassium.
2. I'm going organic and don't want to use bottled cal/mag.
3. It's not good to drink straight ro. Like tomula says. Add sea salt. The filter does the same thing as sea salt. The water picks up the minerals but this seems more accurate or just plain easier. I'm only getting 40ppm out of my system. I'm happy with that. I'll add molasses and Epsom salts to get more cal and mag for my next grow.

Hummm, high alkaline huh, I got a buddy that's battling the big C and I'm trying to get him to start dosing with RSO but until I can get my crop in I suggested that he start on a daily Baking soda/ lemon water to raise his bodies ph its supposed to at the least arrest the cancerous cells if not kill them out right. I wonder if water at a ph above 7.5 could do the trick too?:hmmmm:

Hey raz! I read about that while reading about the alkaline ro. Using lemon or baking soda. From what I read and understand using the alkaline filter is superior to using an alkaline ionizer for ionized alkaline water. The ionizer is like fake alkaline water because it doesn't add more minerals it just restructures what's in the water. So your body tries to obsorb minerals that aren't there? Something like that. The ionizer does add antioxidants though. The RO doesn't. I'm not sure how it compares to lemons or baking soada. Wishing the best for your friend

I'm going camping tomorrow so this will have to do for week 6

IMAG20603.jpg

Alright well the times are in!
1gal RO= 20min
5gal RO= 100min.
I'm very happy with that

Wow :) Talk about the sea of buds, Bud :) great looking garden

:thanks:

Looks like a yummy sea of bud growing in your tent. :yummy:

Have fun camping!

:thanks: It was lots of fun, It even snowed a little bit.

I am going again to my mother in-laws for 4 days and have to be flushed and set up for the different nutes before I leave. That gives me till tomorrow night to go through my current nutes and then flush with the Fox farms tiger bloom to make sure there isn't any AN left. I'll post flower pics today!

:thanks:

:thanks: It was lots of fun, It even snowed a little bit.

I am going again to my mother in-laws for 4 days and have to be flushed and set up for the different nutes before I leave. That gives me till tomorrow night to go through my current nutes and then flush with the Fox farms tiger bloom to make sure there isn't any AN left. I'll post flower pics today!

...I don't know what's wrong with some of you people. The words "fun" and "snow" do not belong near each other. :laughtwo:

Actually, I'm envious. I wish I was hot blooded enough to not go hypothermic just watching a few snowflakes fall. I can totally see a healthy version of me being a ski fanatic. The rush of adrenaline as you glide downhill at bone-breaking speeds. Oh yeah, sign me up!

*Waits for pictures*
:popcorn:

Great job. Your flowers are top notch. What will be the next strain? I cannot w8 for more leds in my room, haha. :love: :Namaste:

...I don't know what's wrong with some of you people. The words "fun" and "snow" do not belong near each other. :laughtwo:

Actually, I'm envious. I wish I was hot blooded enough to not go hypothermic just watching a few snowflakes fall. I can totally see a healthy version of me being a ski fanatic. The rush of adrenaline as you glide downhill at bone-breaking speeds. Oh yeah, sign me up!

*Waits for pictures*
:popcorn:

I normally can't stand anything under 75℉ so I was pretty surprised myself. It's really an amazing thing to live in Cali. Just a 3-4 hour drive from the coast and your in the mountains, where is cold and snowy! The stars were amazing too! Before the clouds rolled in.

Great job. Your flowers are top notch. What will be the next strain? I cannot w8 for more leds in my room, haha. :love: :Namaste:

Thanks T! I'm not sure yet. For my next grow I may just run these seeds again. I've been happy with them, they smell great, and are super frosty! If not this strain then something that I cross myself but it all depends. More light makes a big difference but Ive been seeing people that are having issues with their grow because of TOO much light.

These are for fuzz, she's been waiting patiently.
IMAG20654.jpg

IMAG20645.jpg

IMAG20711.jpg

IMAG20702.jpg

IMAG20692.jpg

IMAG20683.jpg

IMAG20672.jpg

IMAG2066_11.jpg

IMAG20662.jpg

AMS Seeds GSC-Xtrm Even the fan leaves are getting frosty! They almost look like they are glowing. The smell is amazing when I open the tent and it hangs around a bit even after I zip it all shut

Thanks T! I'm not sure yet. For my next grow I may just run these seeds again. I've been happy with them, they smell great, and are super frosty! If not this strain then something that I cross myself but it all depends. More light makes a big difference but Ive been seeing people that are having issues with their grow because of TOO much light.

Great buds man. I have heard GSC is not the most yielding plant but is one of the greater tasting one. But I really want to grow some more balanced THC:CBD strains as I think it's about time to step down from this high THC no CBD hype. It's not good for the mind in the quantities some people are used to do it. But hey that's just me, everybody sees it different.
Too much light yeah I know, I have seen that, but I have 100 three Watt LEDs for 16 square foot, I have a long way to overdo it with the lighs :D But as I do grow for some money I hope I will be able to upgrade my setup. I know I have the best I can do and I will stick to that. More Sharks are on the way.
Thank you for sharing and keep it coming I like it! :love: :Namaste:

Great buds man. I have heard GSC is not the most yielding plant but is one of the greater tasting one. But I really want to grow some more balanced THC:CBD strains as I think it's about time to step down from this high THC no CBD hype. It's not good for the mind in the quantities some people are used to do it. But hey that's just me, everybody sees it different.
Too much light yeah I know, I have seen that, but I have 100 three Watt LEDs for 16 square foot, I have a long way to overdo it with the lighs :D But as I do grow for some money I hope I will be able to upgrade my setup. I know I have the best I can do and I will stick to that. More Sharks are on the way.
Thank you for sharing and keep it coming I like it! :love: :Namaste:

Thanks T! I'm hoping it packs on the weight. This strain is a cross of gsc and white widow. I'm really excited to taste it! That's interesting the 1:1. Looked up some strains. I'll have to try that some time. Would harvesting your plant past its "peak" increase cbd? Yeah I started with just 1 of the g8 450 and 1 red ufo but it wasn't enough. I wanted to add more lights to my current setup but dorm grow advised against it. It's funny because at the time I didn't understand. Hope your able to add more lights soon but your growing some quality with what you have! Your grow looks great!

:drool::yummy:

I'm imagining breathing deep the wondrous odor. Mmmmm.

Thanks fuzz the smell is really trying my patients. I miss good buds but I know you can't rush perfection. This grow is far from perfect but good buds still take time. Lol.

Well yesterday I filled my rez with 20gal RO and added my Fox farms. I put in 3tbsp per gal instead of 3tsp. Wasted 20gal of water and most of the Fox farms tiger blooms. Shout out to Titan Water Pro. I was pissed but I don't know what I would have done if I had to go out to the machine and fill up 5gal at a time and take it all up stairs. This RO system really saved my ass. Dumped the 20gal with tiger bloom and went to the hydro shop, bought AN sensi ph perfect. I figured the universe was trying to tell me something as I was dumping 20 gal of water down the toilet.

I'm not sure how much CBD levels increase past the peak, but I do know CBN levels go up and that increase's the plant's sedative effect.

I feel your pain. It took soooo many gallons of water to wash the perlite and vermiculite mix I made recently. I dare not even hazard a guess how many.

I've never used either and am curious, did you go with the AN nutes because you were unhappy with Fox Farms or was it just what the store had?

Looking lovely BF :) what day you on now?

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

:thanks: I started flowering on 10/7 and it will be week 7 as of Friday. Sorry I'm not sure how many days they are as I don't count veg.

I'm not sure how much CBD levels increase past the peak, but I do know CBN levels go up and that increase's the plant's sedative effect.

I feel your pain. It took soooo many gallons of water to wash the perlite and vermiculite mix I made recently. I dare not even hazard a guess how many.

I've never used either and am curious, did you go with the AN nutes because you were unhappy with Fox Farms or was it just what the store had?

Hey thanks fuzz. I'll probably let them go over a bit then. I did have problems with Fox farms but it didn't end up being the nutrients. Always, a few weeks into flower I would get problems. Ph issues, lockouts, I never could never correct it either. I read as something in the soil starts decomposing it causes issues, To add lime or something. I didn't want to deal with it and I was done with all of Fox farms. Coco is just so much easier for me. If I have a problem I can correct pretty easily with a nutrient flush. You can't over water. I found ledrf videos on coco and never looked back. I switched to AN because I was looking for coco specific nutes, the not having to PH was very appealing. Then I ran out of my AN and in a pinch grew some great plants with the Fox farms trio and calmag. I wasn't sure if it would work because it's for soil but Fox farms customer service said I was good to go. Honestly the only reason I prefer AN is because I don't need to check my ph. I went and bought more because my tiger bloom wouldn't have made it to harvest after using so much. Next grow I'm going organic though. I'll be using dry fertilizer from the home depot. It's called Dr Earth home grown for veg flower girl for flower. It's like $10 for a 4lbs sack. I added some acidfier to my coco and my runoff is around 6.0. I am really liking my trial of hydro organic but the fertilizer stinks.

Coco hydro organic - Easy & cheap - Water daily

So yesterday was week 7. Came home to do some work in the tent/ pics and noticed a few of my leds in one of the panel was melted. As I reached to turn it off I fell on a couple good sized colas. None of them broke completely but the stem is cracked. I tried taping but I'll probably just cut the broken ones and leave them to dry. Dorm grow was real quick and say they have sent out my replacement panel for exchange. Pics later

Sorry to hear about the light, but glad to hear that one of the site sponsors was so quick to resolve the issue for you!

Here's to hoping the broken buds pull through to the finish, and if they don't then at least you get some testers :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom