Give me your favorite humidifier!

I use a honeywell one outside of the tent sometimes during the vegetative cycle.
Apart from the annoyance of needing a filter, it works pretty well.

humidifier.jpg

Give me your favorite humidifier!​

Since that is the name of the thread and since you asked about it, my favorite humidifier is more plants. ;)Keeping them watered really does help keep the humidity up in the tent.

Many people have recommended bringing the temperature and humidity in the room or rooms where the tent is located up to a number you are happy with. Every time the tent door is opened there is an air exchange--dry air comes in and moist air goes out. Same sort of thing happens if a fan & filter set-up is working if that pushes air out of the tent and brings in fresh air.

The idea is to fix the humidity in the room and that will fix the tent's humidity.

Since that is the name of the thread and since you asked about it, my favorite humidifier is more plants. ;)Keeping them watered really does help keep the humidity up in the tent.

Many people have recommended bringing the temperature and humidity in the room or rooms where the tent is located up to a number you are happy with. Every time the tent door is opened there is an air exchange--dry air comes in and moist air goes out. Same sort of thing happens if a fan & filter set-up is working if that pushes air out of the tent and brings in fresh air.

The idea is to fix the humidity in the room and that will fix the tent's humidity.
Amen to that good water good humidity happy plants

But honestly I never thought about it like that I always worried about changing the humidity in my tent raising it up cuz it wasn't high enough. You are right absolutely right I need to be thinking about fixing the humidity in the room that my tent is in because that will be the relative humidity that it draws in.... Duh shame on you mark for not being smart enough to realize that. Just so I don't offend no one I'm shaming myself.....

Ya that unit you have is a bit too small. I haven't had to change the filter out yet, but I'm certainly due for it. It acts like a wick I think, so when you first fire it up after some downtime it takes a few days to perform well again. Then it's just a matter of setting the unit to the desired rH level and letting it run when it wants to and topping off the tank as it empties. It can take a few days to get the room into the range you're looking for but it'll work it's magic and try to keep it there.

That’s the thing that is baffling me. The RH in the shop where the tent is is high 70s low 80s. I know the heat in the tent drops the RH, but that much? To the low 40s? Would the fact that I’m running a 16 in hurricane oscillation fan be affecting RH?

That’s the thing that is baffling me. The RH in the shop where the tent is is high 70s low 80s. I know the heat in the tent drops the RH, but that much? To the low 40s? Would the fact that I’m running a 16 in hurricane oscillation fan be affecting RH?
A suggestion is to take whatever you are using to measure the humidity in the tent and place it around the shop. Some of the small battery powered measuring instruments do not give a reading close to the controls for a heating and cooling system.

@013 put 5 different temperature and humidity readers side by side and each one had totally different numbers if I remember right. Maybe he still has the photo handy. If you think that the humidity needs adjusting it might be worth it to check the numbers several times before chasing down something as expensive as a humidifier.

Hi. This is what I cobbled up to combat humidity issues in my 39x39.

4984D5E0-FA92-4082-B1EC-6BFA5C555856.jpeg

A simple waste bucket with a muffin fan for air distribution across the water’s surface. The tent rods I have in held strips of a mophead to act as a wick but really isn’t needed. It has raised RH so much I now leave it out in the room which is 11’x13’ and it can maintain tent internals at a comfortable level.

C17379CE-AF60-4AD0-8C33-F68C95DCB932.jpeg

Yes. When I used the mop strips, you could plainly see the buildup of minerals after a few days of use plus it muffled the output too much. It’s not bad considering the small footprint and low heat signature. I’ve seen humidity go to the high 70s overnight at lights out when it was placed inside the tent.

Back
Top Bottom