GodAmJT's Perpetual Greenery

I think HID is the safer bet. they cost much more to run, but it seems when getting LEDs, you really do need to shop for only certain panels as others lack the ability to push lumens through the canopy whereas HID always has this ability. For the record, I own the bottom shelf products, but even still, I only paid a little over $180 for a 600 watt cool tube combo with dimmable digital ballst, the cool tube, XL reflector, 600 watt ballast, 15 amp timer, and 2 rope ratchet hangers. My 400 watt hood is also the same brand and I am on my second grow with it in veg (last grow I used it for flower). Point is, You'd be very hard pressed to find an LED that cheap and work as good. That's just my 2 pennies though.

Well, it's been a couple weeks, and I'm already fiending to grow again, so here's my next project.. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I could do a miniature Capn-style, but I'm still thinking and planning.. I have some soil and amendments that I can use, which I may end up doing anyway, so I can keep the plant low and tied down and with less maintenance/attention.. It's going to be micro, and I already have almost everything I need, with the exception of a couple new PC fans, which I'll get sometime this week.. I'm hoping to have everything assembled and test-ran by the end of next week, so I can start germing a couple seeds.. I also need to do some more reading on micro grows and smell abatement.. I was almost thinking of running 1 autoflower, just bent ALL over; almost like a flux, but with less beating on the plants.. I'd like to basically lay the plant down and run it around the inside of the case..

DSC007146.JPG

CFLs will be the lights, and like I said, I'm thinking this will be a soil grow, because I just down know how I could pull off a mini Capn-style grow, but trust me when I say that I'm going to be looking into it!!!! I think it's possibly, but I would probably just use a starter block and then throw it into a 4"x4" block, and maybe put that in a pot or container.. The res would be a small plastic tote (~1gal at least) underneath.. I'd just have to find a small enough pump that would work.. I can make the halos and I have plenty of piping..

GROWING IS AN ADDICTION, DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capn style is not a set list of criteria that has to be met in order to call it capn style as he is constantly making the technique better (changing it), so you can make whatever adjustments you need to. If your doing it in a PC case, might want to find the lamp that produces the least amount of heat because I know a plethora of CFLs can build a lot of heat so consider a cooler closet or a cooler light setup. Also, I'd take it like a 1 plant sea of green and veg it for just a few weeks then flower it so not to get over ran in the 3 week stretch. African Grower has some experience in micro growing and he is a seasoned Capn guy so I'd ask him directly if I were you.

Hey sky:

I suppose the recirculating, top-feed of the Capn-style is one of my favorite parts of his method, but inclusion of rockwool and HID seemed to be the focus, but I have found a couple types of small fish tank pumps that would fit perfectly into a 1gal tote, and I can make halos out of 1/4" tubing I have, so that part is set.. The pumps range from $7-15, so I have some choices..

The one thing going for me while using CFLs is the room that the PC case will be in doesn't get above 62F but doesn't get below 57F, so I was hoping to use the CFLs as a heat source to keep things warm, and I was going to go lights-on overnight and use a 20-4 light schedule if I'm doing autos.. I was thinking of starting the plant on one side of the case and pulling it towards one side of the case, almost like a bonsai, and either make a small net to support/wrangle the bud sites.. The one positive draw to using a photoperiod seed though, is that I can top the hell out of it and keep it low for a few weeks, and then let it fly when I change lighting.. Unfortunately, I think if I went 12/12, I would need a heat source for the case when lights are off..

I'm also still trying to convince the gf that I can pull this off in a very discreet manner, as I've had to resort to the PC case since we're living with people who aren't too keen on growing, and we don't have any extra room.. I can always throw the PC case next to my computer, and no one would know unless they wanted to pop open the case and check it out..

Now, I just need to settle on one method, and do some fancy talking to the gf..

What I am going to attempt is to divide my flowering space into 2 separate equally sized spaces and light them at opposing 12 hour periods from one another. My primary concern is amperage draw at any given time, but a close second is also for the heat as I don't wish to also include another appliance to my load demands. If/Hopefully I find this to work, but then you could possibly talk super fancy to get yet another PC case and just link their breathability. AG swears by the Ona gel for smaller applications and b/c of C526's experience with Ona liquid mixed with "soil moist", I will be using this combo as a much gentler (and quieter) air scrubber alternative. Hopefully I won't need to use the Carbon filter and the loud fan that pulls air through it. Being stealthy is my biggest reason to desire grow automation and remote connectivity. I would have no problem at all if my grow was odorless and soundless.

forgot to post final pics of the WWs.. I've even thrown in a picture of the dabs I made from the trim from the WWs and the AKR.. I had about 1.5oz of excellent trim and popcorn buds.. I haven't tried it yet because I want to get one of those vapor bongs I keep seeing people use.. My cousin gave me a titanium insert for one, and said it's the most expensive part.. I'd say there's probably about 2g of the oil and it's THICK..

I finished with 89.5g of the WW between the 2 plants.. I gave a friend about 10g for helping the gf and I move, and I smoked about a quarter with another couple friends for the holidays.. There's 28.9g of WW#2 left in the jar to cure, 15.6g of WW#1, 7.8g of the AKR (which has been in the jar since Oct and is starting to STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK through the glass!!), and I've got about 10g of stash that I've been going through slowly because of the Arizer..

I still want to know how to vape dabs with my Arizer.. There has to be a way!!!

DSC007154.JPG
DSC007167.JPG
DSC007174.JPG
DSC007183.JPG
DSC007193.JPG
DSC007202.JPG
DSC007212.JPG
DSC007225.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom