Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer/White Widow

The WW seed that had a tap root kind of disappeared when I watered a bit. Haven't seen it in 2 days but I've left the light on.

The other two are between paper towels. One looks like she tried to crack open a day or two ago but it's just a sliver and no tap root in sight. The other is just a wet little seed.

I ended up putting 3 Haze Extreme into water last night and today they're between napkins too. They're not feminized so I have to think at least one may end up being male. One looks like it is already starting to pop.

It's starting to get in my head as this is seven seeds and none took off. I was 3 for 3 with the NL auto and 3 for 3 with the Jack auto.

Here's the process. Shake the seeds a bit in a pill bottle (clean - no residue) then into room temp (74f) Poland spring bottled water (I think my tap water is too hard). 18-20 hours later I put them on plain 4 white napkins (my wife must have paper towels with designs) on a ceramic dinner plate, then peel back two thin layers of napkin and pour water and seeds on the plate. Plate is on a slight angle so the water pools at the bottom and wicks to the seeds at the other end so they're not completely under water. I put the plate, uncovered, into a 5'x4' boiler room that avg's about 78-80. Water as needed to keep the napkins damp.

Once there is a tap root that is about 1/4", I will gently place it in the medium with tweezers (that has been watered prior) into a small hole (1/2") and cover slightly. I water around the area. Next morning I will water slightly again. Temp in the tent ranges from 80 - 90.

Out of the 7, two had tap roots but they never took off in the medium (same medium I used with my last JH). I take any of these seeds that don't pop in the paper towel after 7 days and put them into small little water bottle bottoms filled with medium and keep it damp.

I'm not starting another journal until I get another grow going. Going away in June for 10 days so if none of these seeds pop, I may just hold off till I'm back.:Namaste:

I do..and I highly encourage it..all big fan leaves..anything blocking light from hitting bud sites..all the small stuff at the bottom that is never going to amount to much..do I little at a time..
is it ok to trim during budding?

It has helped. I just rolled and smoked. It has mellowed a bit. Smells good when ground up but the buzz doesn't have the same oomph the other did. The buds seem slightly tighter as they've cured a bit.

Still haven't been successful with germinating another seed. I took the last 2 white widows and the three Haze Extreme that have been between paper towels for over 7 days with no results and put them into a small container and water once a day under the lights. I'm not holding much hope.

I think I may be over-soaking or over watering the paper towel. My next attempt is going to be with a roto rooter plug into my soil after a 12hr soak. I had soaked about 18-22 hrs before. My only thought is I'm drowning these guys.

More to come .....:Namaste:

Im going on week 5 of budding my ww when is a good time to harvest i know i have a couple or three weeks left, buds are lookin real good, i heard that when it gets orange hair its time to harvest does this sound right?

I've grown lots of ww ..you going to need probally 9 to 10 weeks.by no means Less than 8 for sure.got to check those trichromes when ur approaching 8 wks.dont get impatient. .wait it out.orange hairs mean nothing as to when to pull the plug....
Im going on week 5 of budding my ww when is a good time to harvest i know i have a couple or three weeks left, buds are lookin real good, i heard that when it gets orange hair its time to harvest does this sound right?

I've grown lots of ww ..you going to need probally 9 to 10 weeks.by no means Less than 8 for sure.got to check those trichromes when ur approaching 8 wks.dont get impatient. .wait it out.orange hairs mean nothing as to when to pull the plug....

Agreed. Trichomes are the little tiny spikes on the leaves that give them a frosty look. They are little mushroom headed arms that grow off the leaf. They start out clear, turn cloudy, then amber. When they turn amber, the THC has reached its peak and starting to degrade.

The clear trichomes will give more of a head buzz and less 'couch-lock' type buzz. The amber trichomes give a heavier buzz - but sometimes more sleepy. Depends on what you're looking for. Some people go for 50/50, others more amber. I usually choose to go 60-40 (less amber).

The change of the pistil coloration from white to orange/red/yellow typically happens before a bud reaches its peak, but when the pistils have pretty much all turned colors you are usually close to harvest.

i do have a ww that is losing leaves, they are turning yellow and dropping off the plant i have been trimming leaves, but been workin alot of hours latley, buds are turning nicely still some clear trichomes but gettin close i think

Day 22.

Here again I need to kick my stoner self for not doing the proper research. I had read about the flux style somewhere else (under a different term) and unfortunately hadn't stumbled upon anything at 420 until I went ahead and trimmed WWA. Having the main flux a few inches above the soil is going to be a pain. I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of transplanting. I could add a bunch more soil on top - think that's a good idea?

I trimmed WWB a bit. She's a tight little bush that I trimmed a bunch of fan leaves from. I'm also holding down the nodes coming off with the wire hanger to make them stretch out more. Should be interesting :high-five:

Here are a bunch of pictures. The trimmed leaves look good and healthy. I've been feeding consistently with AN trio, rhino skin, calmag, and B52. I think both plants are in good shape.:Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by!

Prior to trim
untitled-8569.JPG

WWA from above
SF-8570.JPG

WWB from above
SF-8571.JPG

WWA
SF-8572.JPG

WWA
SF-8574.JPG

WWA