Outdoor Jack Herer Auto Fem - Sky is the limit?

hardboiled

Purchased some Crop King Jack Herer last fall - I was really surprised to find an auto fem in this strain. I've started 4 indoors on April 7, and I'm moving them outside in a few weeks.

I have sunshine, water, good soil.....I am really curious to see how big I can get them to go. It's gonna be a loooong 4 months for me. Pics below, they're about 3 1/2 weeks in. Two very different phenos have come out....

:ganjamon:

IMG_20160502_151929.jpg
IMG_20160502_104606_hdr.jpg

Well, we're now in week 9 of growing from seed. 3 Crop King Jack Herer's survived out of the 4 I sprouted, one didn't shed its' seed husk, and was tossed.

The 3 remaining were of 2 distinct phenos before sexed, but after sexing (starting flowering), differences between them pretty much disappeared. The most vigorous one ended up in a 10 gallon in full sunlight, the other two in the forest.

Here's the centrefold - she was the most vigorous and 'purty of the bunch:

IMG_20160605_164646_1_.jpg

Here's one in the forest, on the left. It's even more compact, but flowers are coming along well.

IMG_20160605_165156.jpg

I gotta say, I'm happy with how easy these guys are to grow. The ruderalis makes alot of things simple, but it also makes them pretty small. I'm hoping for 2 oz off each plant, but, Crop King advises 6-10oz per plant. Anything over 2, I'll be happy with. They have the added benefit of being easy to fertilize and water. I'm now a believer in the auto-fem world. 10 years ago, autos had a reputation of being weak dope and tiny plants.

They're still on the small side, but resin production looks like any normal female should be. And, I have some really cool colors coming in...the smell is amazing....

IMG_20160605_174549.jpg

Looking good I can't wait till mine are that far my auto are maybe two weeks into veg outside now and my crown royale and early vixen are four weeks old and finally In the ground for the season!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well, the Jack Herer autofems from Crop King are getting close. Think I've got about 2-4 weeks left with them.

I can't believe that in 11 weeks, this is what you can get. The gal stinks like she should, and early morning coffee on the deck is now my new religion :3

The other two Jacks are different. One is a compact fire hydrant - a pit bull of a plant that couldn't get knocked over by a rhino. The other is more airy right now - looks like it's a month or so behind. All are putting out resin, and all will be finished by end of July. Great stuff - honestly. Solid genetics, completely 'can't screw it up'. As easy as growing should be. A proper shout out to Crop King....thanks for the great beans.

I'm usually not too rah-rah about a company (unless it's mine), but CK has delivered in plants, service, and giving what they promised.

As they say, a picture says a thousand words....here's the supermodel is a tasty timelapse of a few snaps.....

IMG_20160502_151929.jpg

IMG_20160505_131925_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160516_123515.jpg

IMG_20160605_164646_1_.jpg

IMG_20160620_145346.jpg

IMG_20160620_145356_edit.jpg

I'll post a couple snaps of the other two shortly.....

Harvest! I think.

Been looking up some information on 'when it's' ready, and I've been assuming 1/2 the trichs need to be amber. Now, after reading some handy threads, I'm pretty sure to do it now.

All the heads are cloudy. As a benefit - holy shit does it smell good. Even different from a couple of days ago. So....I think we'll be swinging an axe today or tomorrow.

Here's the results from the first plant. Based on this one, the other two are about a week behind. Go speed racer....

IMG_20160624_135031.jpg
IMG_20160624_135036.jpg
IMG_20160624_135031_1_.jpg

Hey Hardboiled looks like you had some beautiful girls, but you forgot the most important parts; yield, taste, smell, where it took you. I'm growing my first auto Jack from CK indoors under a 1000 W HPS lamp and just got em into their 5 gal pots, unfortunately some of us aren't free from nosy neighbours :yikes:
Ta
Onewarmguy

Back
Top Bottom