Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

doubt there's any pollen on them since none of the other two Candidas in that tent had seeds
But that one that did now has seeds with tails and that starts a whole new love story.

You're killin' it over here, Nev!
Great harvests, and some impressive yields off those autos:bravo:
But it’s getting a little boring with no indoor garden to keep me occupied
I know what you mean...as long as I've got the seeds, I keep something growing - I really don't like it when that box is dark and quiet...

Thank you for the kind words and being my 1st grow with autos and a tent with LEDs it was a lot of advice from some elite growers including you that got them here.
as long as I've got the seeds, I keep something growing
I’m all ready for my next just waiting for the August summer temps to subside. I’m a bit frugal and hate running the a/c and I personally don’t mind the heat. I‘m going with that DDA and a Chocolate Skunk auto.
36872E6B-431C-4CB9-8C0A-8BC4894964D3.jpeg

Thank you for the kind words and being my 1st grow with autos and a tent with LEDs it was a lot of advice from some elite growers including you that got them here.

I’m all ready for my next just waiting for the August summer temps to subside. I’m a bit frugal and hate running the a/c and I personally don’t mind the heat. I‘m going with that DDA and a Chocolate Skunk auto.
36872E6B-431C-4CB9-8C0A-8BC4894964D3.jpeg
Hey, Nev.

I like your choices. I've grown both from the same sources.

A heads up, that Chocolate Skunk can get really tall. Mine caught me off-guard and got away from me because I didn't have tall enough supports for her.

Here she is about 2-3 weeks before chop.

P1030026.JPG

On the other hand, if you grow a really tall DDA you will be in very limited company. :Rasta:

My best shot at growing one turned out like this, much shorter. (And the second DDA I tried yielded about 1/4 of an ounce. :laughtwo:)

P1030009.JPG

that Chocolate Skunk can get really tall
I’m in hopes that I can keep it down in height by going with an aggressive LST. I’m going to try any way. [fingers crossed]

the second DDA I tried yielded about 1/4 of an ounce.
I’ve seen some pretty pathetic DDa’s and they still have my interest but the scary part is I burn an easy 1/4 a week. I guess I will just be stingy with this one.
:passitleft:

Its been a week in the jars so let me close out the last GG auto. The x-Runt went 131 days never showed any amber trichs but had finally quite drinking and was really showing her age.

Dried and in her jars the weight came out at an incredible 160g / 5 1/2oz. 8 quart jars of nugs though 2 are full with larf but I will grind it and roll it up. She was light and airy and full of fox tails just like the other cola can pheno.

I really couldn’t be any happier with the quantity these plants delivered.

Stay Safe, be Friendly and Share your Love

FB33158D-E7D1-4CA6-94B7-7541E70D7F4F.jpeg

82F03935-0722-46A8-BAD9-08BE86E36ABE.jpeg

BE04F005-1E7A-4BBA-AD8E-6D119D404645.jpeg

Nice haul, Nev!

I see that even jarred the "runt" moniker remains. :Rasta:

Congrats on the last harvest of your GG autos! :bravo:
I'm curious, how the smoke on #2 and #3 are compared to your first. I remember you were disappointed with the first plant and that you had harvested it too early. Did waiting longer on the others improve the potency?

I'm curious, how the smoke on #2 and #3 are compared to your first.
I suppose it’s time to review my 1st LED, tent grow with autos. I haven’t even grown a plant in 4 years and I sure enjoyed doing it again.

Tent: MHydro 2’x4’x70
light: MHydro SP3000 LED
Soil: Edna’s organic boutique potting with added Perlite
POTS: 5gal fabric
Nutes: Geoflora organic veg & bloom
Supplements: Fish emulation 5-1-1, Epson salt, CalMag+ 2-0-0
Maintenance & medi: Mosquito bites, Horticultural organic oil, Organic garden fungicide

Back in mid March it started with the 4 Gorilla Glue autos from a sponsored seed bank on 420magazine. One seed broke ground 10 days before the other 3 and it was game on with a whole lotta :love: and unknown ahead for me.

The grow completed with 2 very distinctive pheno’s. One being what I called the Cola Can pheno with shorter and larger circumference colas. The second being a Spear Head pheno with taller thinner colas. And I got 2 plants of each pheno to try.

#1 was a cola can pheno. She grew for 100 days and I’m very positive she came down way early. Though she had no fan leaves left and was dry and brittle there was probably more there if given more time.
The Cola phenos both had very heavy foxtailing though big colas they were light and airy but did have nice purple color. She never did amber up on the trichomes and never had any excessive sugary frosty buds as is supposed to be the Big Trait of the GG. The glue thing didn’t happen. The smoke is very smooth and mild to inhale and exhale and no harshness. She also lacks in flavor and smell.
Ended with 3.3ozs of a very mild smoke but did after some cure have a good buzz that’s lasts an hour or better. Overall like the buzz not much else of the #1.

#2 was a Spear shaped pheno and much longer then the Cola can pheno. The buds after dried were also much more compact and hard and all the tops were much deeper with much more purple coloring compared to the Cola Can phenos. The Spear phenos also did not foxtail up but as the Cola Can the trichs didn’t amber up just stayed cloudy. Her drinking slowed and she came down at 114 days.

@InTheShed you had asked about this comparison.

The #2 drying was split between the traditional hang dry and the new to me Low & Slow fridge method. Both had finished their drying and the final weight was 5.95ozs. The largest plant of the grow.
I purchased 2 new $10. cheap one hitter glass pipes to test this L&S/Hang dry method.
I got just the slightest taste of what to me was like that chocolate covered roasted coffee bean that I used to get on my latte’ lid minus the chocolate. A couple of times I occasionally caught a note of some diesel fuel but not enough of either to actually be pleased about.
The smoke between the 2 drying methods were to close for me to actually distinguish them apart as both gave a very smooth with mostly odorless and tasteless hits that did give a solidly strong head high. To me it‘s not worth the hassle to do a L&S dry, but with so many peeps throwing the love all over it I’m going to give it another try on my next grow. I must have missed somewhere on this one. :straightface:

#3, the Slacker. She was one of the two Spear phenos. She had the same characteristics of #2 with solid long dark purple colas. This one got hit with a small amount of bud rot on the largest cola that had to be removed then a week later a little more rot. She had slowed her drinking at 126 days so down she fell and showing no color on the trichs. Not sure why but these ladies just don’t like to color up. Pretty flavorless and odorless but 5.4ozs. I’m sure liking all that.

#4 the x-Runt. The 2nd of the Cola can phenos. She started out just runting along looking pretty just not wanting to grow up. But she did and did a splendid job of her finish. 5.6ozs. Wow! I couldn’t be more pleased with the overall weight of this grow. She grew large cola heads of fox tails just as the matching pheno with no color trichs and no flavor or scents. Light airier buds with a nice strong head buzz.

I was waiting in my car for a pharmacy to open back up from lunch break so I thought I’d burn a quick one down while waiting. Smoked about 3/4 of an Old Fashion (joint) then went back in after about 15 minutes. It was at this point I realized I was absolutely banged. The GG is a little more potent then I originally gave her credit for. Sorry for questioning but thank you for the high.

My final thoughts the grow was a let down in all aspects other then the final weight and high.

Flavor: 1 Total dried weight
Smell: 1 #1: 3.3oz
Bag appeal: 6.5 #2: 5.95oz
High: 8.5 #3: 5.4oz
Weight: 8.5 #4: 5.6oz

Total avg 6.125 Total wt. 20.25 ozs

I would not purchase these seeds again from this specific breeder. Any breeder that boasts the extensive sugary snowy leaves of the GG and delivers this with out hardly a trace is unacceptable along with the estimated finish by product.

The overall weight is very nice to have but for me I need flavors and smells and that is a big miss here. The Overall High is strong and is maybe best for night but I really do like excess so yea I burn it all day long.

I really did have fun here and very much appreciated all who stopped by and helped me along the way. Thank you all ever so much. Picture of the Gorilla Glue #4
01434554-E649-4F08-963A-75988146F4C1.jpeg
storage with about a gallon of “Big Wreck” from a good 4+ years ago.

Excellent smoke reports and comparisons, Nev!:welldone:
My sense of taste is pretty bad, but I can sense smothness and aroma pretty well. The difference in the two methods, for me, is subtle, but there. I smoke mostly with a small water pipe so that might make difference, I don't know.

Very nice write-up, Nev.

Your descriptions had me smoking and tasting along with you!

Given some jar-time, the smoke will likely get much better, high- and taste-wise. I have nearly always found that to be the case. Even some of my most pedestrian weed improves with curing.

Great job. And I'm glad you had fun doing it. I certainly had fun watching! :Rasta:

Looking forward.

Congrats on a very successful grow, Nev!
I need flavors and smells and that is a big miss here.
I've got some 2 year old weed in the jars- I just started smoking some of it for my bedtime smoke, and
the taste and smell is much better now than when it was "freshly" cured- so yours, like a fine wine, should do nothing but improve with age...

Its been a week in the jars so let me close out the last GG auto. The x-Runt went 131 days never showed any amber trichs but had finally quite drinking and was really showing her age.

Dried and in her jars the weight came out at an incredible 160g / 5 1/2oz. 8 quart jars of nugs though 2 are full with larf but I will grind it and roll it up. She was light and airy and full of fox tails just like the other cola can pheno.

I really couldn’t be any happier with the quantity these plants delivered.

Stay Safe, be Friendly and Share your Love

FB33158D-E7D1-4CA6-94B7-7541E70D7F4F.jpeg

82F03935-0722-46A8-BAD9-08BE86E36ABE.jpeg

BE04F005-1E7A-4BBA-AD8E-6D119D404645.jpeg
Nice

Back
Top Bottom