Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

Looks like patience will be rewarded! Beautiful autos, all three.
Thank you BZ! I’ve taken a lesson from you and Shed and going with the #Larfless finish.

Another Friday in July and we turn another page on what started out as the 4 GG4 autos in soil with a SP3000 @Mars Hydro and feeding on @GeoFlora Nutrients in a 2’x4’x70” tent.

The 3 remaining plants are actually doing quite well and the last couple of weeks it has been simple maintenance and watering. But as of last nite after 114 Days in the dirt the #2 girl came down. Again like #1 I believe I took her down just a bit early but no where as early as #1 came down at 100 days. She is just showing the slightest of any amber trichomes. I still have 2 in the tent and they will get another feeding of the Geoflora bloom on Sunday and then before the next scheduled feeding in 2 weeks they will come down ready or not.
They are both showing no color at all as of yet on the trichs just cloudiness but the colas are starting to take on a nice dark purple coloring.

The #2 plant was of the spearheaded cola pheno and came out with dark purple colas and a much heavier plant then #1 that had the soda can colas.(she grew 14 days longer)
It looks to be close of which plant will be the larger producer. It looks to be between #2 and the Slacker. Both are of the spearhead pheno’s. They are the 2 that also give off the berry fruity smells. The can pheno’s not so much and none are overly sticky.

As far as the drying and cures will go I started by washing the plant with H2O2, baking soda and lemon juice. They hung outdoors for about 5 hours then hung indoors in a closet and indirect fan circulation for the remainder of the night.

This morning I took about 1/2 the plant and bagged it up and put in in the fridge for a low & Slow cure the other half will dry out in the closet. I will bring down the buds humidity to about 65% then transfer them to mason style canning jars for a comparison smoke test in a few weeks.

All in all I’m pretty happy with my effort and LST training and holding a fairly nice flat top on the 3 plants. The Slacker was the last to mature enough to do LST but by then there was no room left in the tent for her to spread so she mainly got bent and tilted. (I only wanted 2 plants but fate gave me 4)
Again a very special thank you to my advisor @InTheShed for all your guidance to get me to this point and all the others who’ve chimed in to assist at my down falls.

Picture time. I’ve not figured out how to caption the picks without it doubling up on everything. Most all picks are from #2. The group photos will be L to R #2, the x-Runt and the Slacker.

Stay safe, be friendly and share your love.

8809A7F1-B13F-486F-BE9C-0F9E37398C94.jpeg

4F8D4964-E3BE-4351-8FD7-12284747A07D.jpeg

E413CA61-3E94-497A-9D8E-BB7F1634EA70.jpeg

1DD0FDDD-6210-4ECE-B91B-67426D93DE7B.jpeg

17452555-6B55-4152-9683-93B940104773.jpeg

860A764B-2D88-4B81-8F30-E8DADF400ED4.jpeg

2 GG4 autos still going strong at 119 days. I’m getting just a little color to the trichomes on the Slacker but not so much on the x-Runt. They both still have a ways to go and i’m hoping the Slacker will be ready to come down by the weekend but I’ve no idea on the x-Runt she may need another feeding for sure as she only received a half feeding last week as I ran out of Geoflora bloom nutes and didn’t want to open a new bag.

So for #2 that got dropped 5 days ago was split between 2 drying methods. 1/2 bagged in the fridge doing a low & slow and half doing the traditional hang dry.
I had them all hanging in the closet for 12 hours before I separated them to dry.

The hang dry was at 65% humidity after 4 days and weighed out and put in jars to be burped twice a day for a week or so before being put in storage.
The weight of the hang dried came out at 115. Grams! for 1/2 the plant. That makes me very happy as going into this grow I was expecting no where near this weight. Also nicely colored purple and good looking bag appeal with tighter and much heavier colas then #1 plant.
The down side is no flavor, no aroma, no stickiness and a 114 day grow time. I’m still not sure if the trichs will amber up on the remaining 2 plants. I won’t actually smoke any of #2 for prolly another week or maybe just wait until I take another plant down.

Now the low & slow in the fridge is concerning me as the humidity gets up around 85% so I’m consistently opening and closing the bags trying to keep the RH down. I’m not sure if this is normal for a low & slow cure but to me it’s a bit frightening. I sure don’t want to loose any to a mold.

Jars in pics are 1/2 gallons then 2 of something slightly smaller.
Also a pic of my outdoor grow still packing it on. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Stay safe, be friendly and share your love.

08FF43D2-F229-4241-98DE-C6755464B8E2.jpeg

7AEB101B-AE66-420D-B08E-84451C4DFD74.jpeg

F08487CF-7A79-41D1-B2F4-B110ADA3A067.jpeg

8EF7FF8C-12D2-4123-BA9C-FC38466A99B2.jpeg

D7951F20-D3C3-4076-8B4F-ECCD246D3C77.jpeg

50F2BCC6-CA0B-4CB9-AABC-11BFE150F728.jpeg

The weight of the hang dried came out at 115. Grams!
Excellent! :high-five: That's better than anything I've ever gotten off an auto, and that's only half of your plant.
The down side is no flavor, no aroma, no stickiness and a 114 day grow time.
The aroma usually gets considerably better as it cures, and the low & slow method seems to result in better aroma than the hang dry method (in my experience). It will be a good comparison for you.
I’m still not sure if the trichs will amber up on the remaining 2 plants.
Don't worry if they don't amber up. I would be more focused on cloudy vs clear. As long as your plants are still wanting a regular drink, they are still working on ripening.
Now the low & slow in the fridge is concerning me as the humidity gets up around 85%
I just put a hygrometer in the area of my frig where I keep the buds. It's only reading about 63%, so 85% does seem kinda high. I am not experienced enough at the low & slow method, so I hesitate to give any advice.

As long as your plants are still wanting a regular drink, they are still working on ripening.
I need to continually be reminded of this for some reason. They are both still drinking plenty and getting watered every other day so we have a ways to go yet.

I just put a hygrometer in the area of my frig where I keep the buds.
I do have mine in the bags and they have now dropped down into the mid 70’s.
I also didn’t have but 1 sandwich bag so I used large cut down height brown paper shopping bags and they are holding a lot more colas in them.

Everything is going so smoothly it's a pleasure to sit on the sidelines and watch! :thumb:

BL is spot on with his recommendations, and I'd like to add that you should feel free to use the Veg bag instead of opening the Bloom bag.

Also, is that a frost free fridge the buds are in? Those are really the kind that are best for low and slow as they pull the moisture out on a regular basis (unless you keep opening the door ;) ).

And no more than 1oz/bag is really the way to go. Bigger bags with more buds (and grocery bags are thicker than sandwich bags) retain moisture longer.

I also didn’t have but 1 sandwich bag so I used large cut down height brown paper shopping bags and they are holding a lot more colas in them.
I remember reading that the buds should not be stacked on each other. They should be in a single layer... to avoid molding I believe. If that's not possible maybe separate the layers with a paper towel, and be sure to not close the bag - should be left open for better air flow.

Everything is going so smoothly it's a pleasure to sit on the sidelines and watch!
I hope it is a pleasure as you are a big part of making this successful even though it is a dirty organic grow.

feel free to use the Veg bag instead of opening the Bloom bag.
I wish I had thought of that! :oops:

unless you keep opening the door
“You kids born in a barn now close the door and stay out of their”
be sure to not close the bag - should be left open for better air flow.
Got it. Now I’m going back in the fridge and opening up the bags.

Thursday and day 121 on the remaining 2 GG4’s in the dirt. I seriously have no clue to when these last 2 will be ready to come down. The Slacker definitely looks closer then the x-Runt and I hope she will be ready within a week. The x-Runt will get another feeding tomorrow of Geoflora veg (thanks to @InTheShed ) as I have a veg bag open and don’t want to open a new bag of bloom.

These two plants are really packing on some nice weight and have a beautiful purple dark color. I wish they were living up to all the hype of being excessively sticky and covered with trichomes but they are not.
They have actually lost a little in height as to the weight on the branches. Thankfully they are structurally heavy limbs and are still holding up well to the weight on them with no assistance.

Just a note that these 2 plants were both poor starters. The Slacker started out slow and was just a sickly plant the entire veg and well into the flower stage.
The x-Runt also started slow but was mostly always healthy and a structurally a very nice looking plant just stunted for the longest time. Also both of these girls were struck with the yellowing leaves early on.
They have both come back vigorously from the dreadful beginning. I almost sent them to the compost pile.

I do hope all is well for everyone and Please,
Stay safe, Be friendly and Share your love.

The Slacker & The x-Runt day 121

AD8EA11C-47A0-4B46-82E8-1FFFAD53C8C6.jpeg

63B8FB84-E73F-4784-9A41-2AF10069546D.jpeg

51720415-5B2F-4F97-8FD8-88466C89C342.jpeg

5646CD18-A00F-45FB-84E4-DE2135BE2A3E.jpeg

18EB178A-7457-4D34-ADA5-7E12F0480316.jpeg

They are looking sooo close - any day now! Or not. :laughtwo: Keep the faith, they'll get there and reward you handsomely.

2 fatties!

They really are nice-looking, Nev. Very colorful too, though I won't say what color. :laughtwo:

One of the best looking grows on here at the moment.. well impressed mate..
I’m humbled Squig, thank you for making my day just a little brighter.

POTM right there ! Nice Job !
And go up against you Buds B. Not a chance this month! But I do kindly thank you for taking the time here for me and leaving such kind positive comment.

Love the colors in there Nev, not to mention your patience!
Patience! It’s become an obsession just to see a colored trich on a GG auto of mine.
They are looking sooo close - any day now! Or not.
NOT! :laugh: The pots felt a little light this morning, we’ll see what they drink tonight. The x-Runt definitely will
be getting 1 more feeding.

Very colorful too, though I won't say what color.
Thanks GDB. I’ve noticed some specific shades showed up better here compared to other members photos.:laughtwo:

Holy Moly Nev! Is this the Master Class Auto Growing Section?
What a pleasure it was to read (mostly your pics captioning) this journal! I wish I was along for the ride real time! Oh Well.

I'm loving this grow so much! Autos are fun and produce fine bud! You are proving that! AGAIN!
I have a question. Earlier I read you used Geoflora both Veg and Flower, in Flower. Did you do that from the beginning of flower?

Congratulations for getting near the end of this one with the patience of a stone! I can't wait to see your DDA's come to life!

Back
Top Bottom