Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

As I recall the 30:1 is actually 15:0.5 and they doubled it up because it sounded better!
Mine came out to 23:1 (10.3% CBD, .44% THC) and also had .22% of CBG.

Of course being an auto it didn't yield a lot, but was easy to grow.
Quantity is not my main goal at this time of my life. I’m looking for taste, appearance and quality of the smoke. Easy to grow is also very nice and I like that a lot.
Very nice smoke- mild, and it also tastes good...
Yes, that’s what I want.
30:1 is actually 15:0.5
All these numbers
Congratulations on the harvest Nev
The remaining three in the garden are looking amazing.
Much appreciated boss. Thank you Sincerely. I’m sure these next 3 will all around surpass #1.
Mine came out to 23:1 (10.3% CBD, .44% THC) and also had .22% of CBG.
Those numbers would look very good to me in my jars.

Time to check the r/h in a jar. It’s been 72 hours hanging.

12773967-D1B2-4325-BC7C-C0662D11D4ED.jpeg

CF66F045-049A-4790-A3F4-E7EE3461EE1C.jpeg

9A8D54A3-A184-4F72-A336-744F94B8D0FF.jpeg

Friday and the heat is coming in hard for the weekend. Temps will be in the triple digits and approaching 110. It’s going to be brutal. I will be closing down the house and turning down the A/C soon.

#2 the x-Runt and Slacker are 94 days today and all 3 look to be running on 3 different finishing schedules. They are all putting down a lot of water the last few days drinking every day with #2 drinking the most. She also looks to be the one that will be ready first. At this time she is the frostiest but shows absolutely no amber to her cloudy trichs. Still got a good ways to go.

6853B511-E847-4F13-9335-D8016697EB8A.jpeg

4C2DA21A-BF04-4533-9AB4-88AB99641687.jpeg

E7F7365B-AE0D-469A-B47E-460CD1C432D5.jpeg

And usually the one drinking the most has the furthest to go
I thought so too. I’m sure it will be between the x-Runt and #2 to come down first as the Slacker still has cotton tops.

GG4 auto 100 days
Tent: 2x4x70”
light: MarsHydro SP3000
Circulation: (1) 9” (1) 6” fan (1) 4” exhaust with carbon filter and (1) 4” fresh air inline fan.
Nutes & Sups: fish emulsion, Geoflora veg & bloom, Epson salts, Cal-Mag+, lots of tap water.
Pest Control: yellow Strips, Mosquito bites, Monterey horticultural oil.

It’s been a week since the chop of the #1. After a wash a hang dry for 3 days the bud humidity was running at about 67%. I’ve jared them up and give them 2 to 3 burpings a day.

Final weight going into the jars was 92.6 g’s Or 3.25 ozs. for the 10” plant.
The buds are very airy and light. They did not harden up or frost up and the fragrance is seriously lacking.

last night I tried some of the smoke in a bowl. Surprisingly the smoke is very mild and clean tasting after only a few days in the jars.
The flavor of the smoke is just like the fragrance, it’s not there. Turpines are missing from this plant. The flavor and smells are like a cup of water.

The effect of the smoke is satisfactory. A couple of small micro hits and I felt comfortable but it wasn’t anything to get excited about.
I know I cut to early but I wanted some smoke ready for the Independence Day here in July. My big loss.

All in all if I was to grade this plants grow and quality of the smoke it would have to be a low D grade. I’m not pleased with it at all but I do have hopes the other 3 GG autos will be a little better. They show much more frost and trichomes over the first plant and are also half again the size over #1. If nothing else I see the weight going way up.

The final 3 plants are 97 today and still have a good ways to go before they will come down.

Now to go enjoy another room indoors as temps are expected to reach 117* today here in Portland and so I won’t be going out to enjoy the sun, again today.

Stay safe, be friendly and share your love.

D894B69E-E4F2-4F1C-BE00-44F07A956A6E.jpeg

A2E909F0-62DA-4164-861D-AE009AA87E82.jpeg

6F9011E3-E7E0-4DDC-B0B0-F0B34EC09105.jpeg

A3596C19-7FA6-4B12-A9FC-6C599F5D08A2.jpeg

with 4 different phenos you're bound to find a winner (or three) in there!
I’m confident that the remaining 3 will all be much better then the first one down, but my main concern is the bud structure and that the buds did not firm up and were so airy. I thought the light would have made the bud like little stones.

What do you think made them so airy?

I’m confident that the remaining 3 will all be much better then the first one down, but my main concern is the bud structure and that the buds did not firm up and were so airy. I thought the light would have made the bud like little stones.

What do you think made them so airy?

a lot has to do with genetics.
can always add more light. the mars should be adequate, but i'm a big believer in huge overkill when it comes to a rig.

a lot has to do with genetics.
can always add more light. the mars should be adequate, but i'm a big believer in huge overkill when it comes to a rig.
I’m happy to hear genetics come up. I was pretty sure it wasn’t the light but it did have me 2nd guessing myself. If anything I had believed I may have kept the light a little to intense for her at her younger stages. Thanks for your input.

I also don’t believe I used one of the better breeders/seed banks available either.

The buds are very airy and light. They did not harden up or frost up and the fragrance is seriously lacking.
I had the same impression with my Dark Devil Autos that I grew last year. Totally unimpressed with them, especially after all the positive comments from folks here that have grow them. But I've had other autos, grown the same way, that were dense and fragrant. Yours might get better after it cures a while.

I had the same impression with my Dark Devil Autos that I grew last year. Totally unimpressed with them
I have to admit it’s a little depressing to put so much time and effort in and end up with what I believe to be an inferior product. It’s been sitting in jars for a week now so I pulled a bud to try again this morning for a wake up. The effect is much better but it is absolutely flavorless. It will work with a mix with another strain. I have 3 more GG’ that should be ready in the next week or two.

I must really like to test myself. My Fall/Winter grow coming up will be with Sweet Seeds DDa. :laughtwo:

DDa seems to be a winner with many folks here. I'm thinking I just got a bad batch of genetics. I have one seed left in my collection. Maybe I'll give it another try sometime, but grow it under lights. I grew 3 of them outdoors and they were all about the same.

Back
Top Bottom