Gorilla Glue #4 Autos In Shambles From The Start

Still looks on point to me! The longer they go the more they grow. :)
As with all the plants they are fed every 12 days as opposed to the manufacturers directions of every 14. I will follow word for word the directions from the beginning of my next grow with the Geoflora nutes.
I'm not sure I understand your logic since you have already discovered (as many here have) that 14 days is too long to keep the plant happy. :hmmmm:

I'm not sure I understand your logic
I can see that giving what they look like now. I guess I’m wanting to start my plants out by following the directions & add nutrients ahead of dropping the germinated seeds. I didn’t even give them their 1st top dressing for 2 weeks after they broke ground. I think that may have put them seriously behind for food.

Everything about this grow has been a new experience. Auto flower plants, Led lights, fabric pots and a tent. I hadn’t even seen a live plant in 4 years. I’m still not getting the watering down correctly. I’m pretty sure they could use more then I’ve given them. But I’m trying pretty hard.

I’m not opposed to stray off the directions if I see need but from my heart I really need to give it a fair run from the beginning. I have plenty of Epson and CalMag+ to start throwing early if I need.

Early on I told myself that I wouldn’t grow autos again. Things change and I’ve purchased enough autos for a few more goes at it. I’m now enjoying the challenge and I want to get on the better side of it.
My knowledge has gained a lot of confidence with your help and I would not be where I’m at now if not for you and a couple others. As always thank you for helping me improve.

In short I’m trying to say, I’m going to at least start by following the directions.

F913FE7F-9062-417D-B25A-4DE59AAF6AA8.jpeg
Last pic of the original 4

2DE571E0-D5AA-4795-8C2B-5A8A686295EC.jpeg

Last nite out
CAECEAE3-0732-4164-8062-4A2E693B5934.jpeg
CAECEAE3-0732-4164-8062-4A2E693B5934.jpeg
GG4 auto 100 days
CA353702-91D9-46BA-ADB2-677F70EAA7FA.jpeg
Drip drying after wash.
E3C2EE1F-947B-41E8-9BF6-ED2854486FD8.jpeg
The bottom of the root ball. It was extremely hardpact with no big tap or wrap around roots circling the bottom. The entire rootball was very tiny tightly woven fishbone roots throughout the pot. It was very solid like a cannon ball. I’ve never seen a root system in plastic pots or maybe I’ve just messed something up on them.

3DA04136-8F07-42C9-9943-A4724255C4B9.jpeg

AC2A7DBE-BF33-47AC-8656-DCD6053CD889.jpeg

03AC722F-F502-4A30-B095-89D5B7908BC3.jpeg

3C5183F0-F76A-4BAE-8A7D-6C30C9A8361C.jpeg

D68494EA-7F1D-4BD8-99A6-89BCF8CAD3B6.jpeg

It’s a wonder I can get out of bed in the mor
Monday Happy Birthday she’s 100 days today. The #1 reached the century mark and still shows less then 1% of any amber on her trichomes. She hasn’t had a drink for a week now she’s also been completely milky but just not showing any color to her trichs.

Three of the lady’s spent the evening outdoors taking in some hot temps but getting fresh air and sun before going back to the tent for the day at night on her day 99.

Then this morning early June 21st on Day 100 #1 came down! I cleaned up a few dead crispy leaves then I split her into 3 sections as she would not fit in the 5 gallon buckets prepared for washing with H2o2, lemon juice, baking soda and water with a 2 bucket rinse bath. I hung her to drip dry outdoors for a hour then hung her in a closet with a 6” fan I took out of the tent. It still has a 9” inside working 27/7.Temps in the closet are running at 83f and r/h is 58%. I‘ve adjusted the fan so it is more indirect and circulating. I did not get a wet weight as I forgot until after I washed her. Though she is by far the smallest of the 4 plants she is carrying 30 nice tops and a few smaller ones. They average wet about 4.74 inches in length. I will get a dry ready for jar weight. She is not overly frosty by any means and the 2 different pheno plants they already have much more sugar and I’m also sure they will all go well over 100 days. But we will see.

So as of now the tent is 3 GG4 autos at 90 days. Two pheno‘s are of the spear tops and the one x- Runt is the shorter fatter can type pheno. The 2 spear pheno plants show much more in trichomes and sugar over the can pheno plants. They all have been drinking 0.75 - 1.00 gallons of tap every other day now. I’m pretty sure I will need to give them all one last Bloom feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients before I turn out the @Mars Hydro SP3000 led light in preparation for an eagerly anticipated early fall grow.

A couple more photo dump picks being nothing else came out right on the post. Freaking iPads. It can’t be me. :lot-o-toke:
73344481-5DC1-4E63-989A-7CB86938ABE3.jpeg
@InTheShed Ya did boss. You got her hanging. Thanks. A few more to get down in the next few weeks then we elevate the game for a fall run.
84E60AB0-7599-4529-9240-AADE9BDFD801.jpeg
Now a top shelf celebration gift. I gave them a CBD Lemon Potion auto from Barney’s Farm. We’ll see what they think of it. It’s going outdoors now.

4356F97F-4736-4086-97D5-6B867248F290.jpeg

35AB06E4-B854-463F-BA9A-0BC8A2A6C951.jpeg

F857D2DE-8445-4F21-AFA1-1F58ADFE8E35.jpeg

Congrats on taking down that chunky GGa! Looks like some crazy foxtails on it, and that rootball looks great...gotta love cloth pots. :thumb:

You figuring the others will also come down around 100 days?

I gave them a CBD Lemon Potion auto from Barney’s Farm.
For what it's worth, I grew one of those a couple of years ago and my wife wasn't fond. Didn't get her high. I sent my second seed to BeezLuiz who had already grown one, and he later had his flowers tested. 0% CBD and like 8% THC, so keep it in mind if it seems different than your usual!
The Lemon Potion was advertised at 8% THC and 15% CBD. My lab results came back at 8.6% THC, but CBD was ND (not detected).

Congrats on taking down that chunky GGa! Looks like some crazy foxtails on it, and that rootball looks great...gotta love cloth pots.
She is definitely supporting fox tails. Not sure whats up with that as the other 3 show no signs of them at all. And that makes me a little happier.

I appreciate your rootball comment. I was a bit worried that it may not be right. I’ve never grown a rootball that looked like this one. It did appear to me to be healthy just different as to what I’ve seen.

You figuring the others will also come down around 100 days?
I’m thinking I’d like to see a little amber on the trichs before I take the next one down and all three seem to be behind the chopped plant in maturing so I’m pretty sure they will go past the 100 day.
I will actually be feeding them this week with hopefully the last of the every twelve day schedule. I’m shocked the plants go that long.
I had always chopped with maybe up to 15% amber and some of it dark. That may be a little to much for a hybrid and again I don’t know as this is new ground.

I would love to here some suggestions on trich colors on what you like in your jars. I’m mainly a smoker and go through stages where I hit the butter pretty hard but that becomes rarer when quality smoke is available. @Carcass I would also like to know what you see when you take yours down. I know I’ve been getting to couch locked lately. :laugh: But summer has finally arrived so I’m getting out more now.

Thanks for the tag, Nev!
I usually wait for about 10% amber trichs- right now, the IG is at apx 5%- that's why I'm thinking Wednesday for harvest...
I'll post up some trichome pics on harvest day and tag you so you can take a look.
I used to wait for 20%, but they seem to amber up a bit more while they're drying, so now 10% is the magic number for me...

I sent my second seed to BeezLuiz who had already grown one, and he later had his flowers tested.
Yes, even though it tested at 0% CBD, it was still a pretty nice smoke. I've grown it 3 times now, and they all seem to smoke about the same (I didn't test the other two plants). Now that I have some other CBD buds (tested at 10.3%), I just sprinkle some of that in my THC bowl if I want a mixture.
I would love to here some suggestions on trich colors on what you like in your jars.
I've previously chosen to harvest when I see about 10 - 20% amber. However, I tested 3 different varieties that I grew last year, and only one of them had a trace of CBN, and all were a bit lower in THC than I was expecting. Since THC degrades to CBN, I feel like I harvested them all too early. Also, if you are growing outdoors, the sunlight tends to turn the trichs amber sooner (according to some folks here) - without actually ripening. This year I plan to look more at the clear vs cloudy, and not so much on whether there's any amber.

Now that I have some other CBD buds (tested at 10.3%)
I’m planning on growing some CBD plants for my family soon. May I ask what breeder and strains you use for your CBD grows? It seems not all breeders have been created equal.

Also thank you for the insight on trichome coloring. I’m growing autos in a tent. 1 of 4 came down at 100 days and Only full milky trichs. These last 3 will definitely be seeing some color, I hope before they come down.

I’m planning on growing some CBD plants for my family soon. May I ask what breeder and strains you use for your CBD grows?
Unfortunately, the breeder has fallen from grace here at 420, so it's frowned upon to mention them by name. However, if you check out my 2020 grow, the info is all still there. I got about a pound of buds from that plant.

Hey Nev!

Had to catch up a few pages this morning but had loads of fun doing it. Such a nice grow!

I absolutely love that squat #1. It's so much easier to maintain and plants like that and move them around!

I'm sure the remaining three will not disappoint. Ya' done good. :Rasta:

Thanks for the kind words GDB. It has definitely been a challenge on a few occasions but Shed has always got me through it.
I absolutely love that squat #1. It's so much easier to maintain
She was laid out right on the ground and made the 1st feedings difficult but once she got her little stretch going it was very nice to work with.
I'm sure the remaining three will not disappoint.
They are going to be better producers for sure.

I’m planning on growing some CBD plants for my family soon.
If you do, go with a 100% CBD variety rather than a THC/CBD plant. Those have wildly varied CBD percentages depending on phenotype (all the way down to 0% as BL proved). And you can always mix in some THC bud if you want an actual blend.

@Amy Gardner has grown fond of her CBD#1 from Ace as another option to Candida. Maybe someday there will be Candida seeds again... :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you want an auto, @Weed Seeds Express has at least one:

And we love WSE around here!
but Shed has always got me through it.
Always glad to help Nev!

go with a 100% CBD variety rather than a THC/CBD plant.
This is very good information. I will look at Amy’s work and I also saw @BeezLuiz grew a Pink Kush CBD auto that looked very interesting. I’m just not sure of the effectiveness the CBD was from her. Maybe I need to go back and read deeper in that journal.
Maybe someday there will be Candida seeds again... :cheesygrinsmiley:
So I’ve heard. :kiss:

I also saw @BeezLuiz grew a Pink Kush CBD auto that looked very interesting.
I was pretty happy with that Pink Kush CBD. I didn't get it lab tested so I can't say for sure just how strong it was, but it seemed to work well for me. Of course being an auto it didn't yield a lot, but was easy to grow.

was pretty happy with that Pink Kush CBD
I also grew one of those, and like Beez said, I was happy with it, but it was a small auto, so there wasn't much of it...she was a real pretty one, lots of purple- in fact one of her nugs won notm..
I grew 3 of the "other" cbd plants (a mom and 2 clones) and I also got close to a pound from them- they call it 30:1, but I can't really detect any thc in it. Very nice smoke- mild, and it also tastes good...

Back
Top Bottom