Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

Welcome to another episode of:

Only The Clonely

It's funny in a way, the older I get the more "Duh!" moments I experience.

When I was going on the other day about what I planned to do with my clone I said this:
When I take down the last 3 photos in my basement tent, which should happen over the next 7-10 days, I'll move the clone in there.
Then this morning I'm sitting here watching my toenails grow and I thought, "Wait a minute. There's no need to wait for the current plants in the 5x5 to finish. None! I can move the clone down there now!" Duh!

This is ideal, because the 2x2 tent holding the clone is in a middle room of my house and gets a little warm in the summer. Not ideal. It's 85F here today and temps in the tent is near 88F. Absent a means to cool that room, I've got to get her out of there.

So I'm taking her downstairs today. The environment in the 5x5 is ideal and there is certainly room for another tenant.
Tomorrow will be flip day 1!
SBG Clone 04-28-21.JPG

Thank you in advance for not harping on how bone-headed it was not to immediately recognize such an obvious solution.

Of course, none of you guys pointed out this option either. So you are either very nice, gentle people or, you're just as flaky as me.

I'll let you be the judge of that!:laughtwo:

Peace.

Hello growers.

Welcome to another episode of:

Only The Clonely

It's funny in a way, the older I get the more "Duh!" moments I experience.

When I was going on the other day about what I planned to do with my clone I said this:

Then this morning I'm sitting here watching my toenails grow and I thought, "Wait a minute. There's no need to wait for the current plants in the 5x5 to finish. None! I can move the clone down there now!" Duh!

This is ideal, because the 2x2 tent holding the clone is in a middle room of my house and gets a little warm in the summer. Not ideal. It's 85F here today and temps in the tent is near 88F. Absent a means to cool that room, I've got to get her out of there.

So I'm taking her downstairs today. The environment in the 5x5 is ideal and there is certainly room for another tenant.
Tomorrow will be flip day 1!
SBG Clone 04-28-21.JPG

Thank you in advance for not harping on how bone-headed it was not to immediately recognize such an obvious solution.

Of course, none of you guys pointed out this option either. So you are either very nice, gentle people or, you're just as flaky as me.

I'll let you be the judge of that!:laughtwo:

Peace.
Been nare. Maybe twice.

I can't keep track of what's in what tents in what location in your house, so it never occurred to me one way or the other. What I can tell you is that clone will be a lot more productive in flower than this:
P1040749.JPG

:welldone:
Thanks, Shed.

And yes, I need to be mindful of the fact that although this site makes things seem intimate, it's an illusion. I can't reasonably expect folks to keep track of where my tents are and what's in 'em.

So I take back my previous remark and I'm certain that few (if any) of you are as flaky as me! :laughtwo:

We’re counting on you to remember what’s where! :laughtwo:
You can count on me DAB!

If the day ever comes when I can't remember what is where, then -- maybe not. :rofl:

Hello growers.

Hope the weekend is being good to you all.

I took down the Grand Daddy Purple last night 90 days post-flip.

I forgot to take the customary parting shot by the door, but she was ugly any way. (I've neglected the girls a little lately due to peer pressure from revenge-driven golf buddies. I've been spending a lot of time trying to get my swing in order for the summer. Golf does not treat you nicely when you take off for 4 months.) She had a lot of browned out leaves from insufficient watering at the end and I have no one to blame but the man in the mirror.

Anyway she's still a funky, sticky bunch of buds, and I don't grow 'em to look at 'em. :Rasta:

I snapped this single pic after I realized I had forgotten the parting shot. By this time though, about 5-6 large branches had been removed.
Grand Daddy Purple end 5-1-21.jpg

At 638g wet, she more than filled my bowl.
GDP end II 5-1-21.JPG

Only the GeoFlora-fed Critical Kush and the fauxto Lemon Haze to go.

I took a peek at them through the loupe and I decided to put the Lemon Haze into the Box of Darkness next.

Peace.

Wow, that plant was packing some weight by the looks of it. Great job GDB!

You're right, we don't grow em to look at them, but sometimes they are nice to look at regardless. Hope your smoke is tasty and your stone hits like a rock :ganjamon:

Hello growers.

Sorry but it's time for yet another episode of:

Only The Clonely
At the end of the last episode, Cloney's fate had been decided. She was to be up-potted and moved downstairs to Flip City. But then...

Mite spots late April.JPG

The dreaded spider mites are at it again!

I don't know where they come from. I just must have spiders in my house, though I seldom see any. Mrs. GDB did spot one about a week ago while I was tending to the plants in my 4x4 tent. The tent door was wide open and she pointed out that a little tiny spider was lowering itself along its web right in front of the open tent. One clap and that spider was history, but I know there have to be others.

Over the last six months or so I've set off bug bombs in every room in this very old house, but the spiders apparently remain.

Anyway, in light of the mites (hmm, "In Light of the Mights." Nice name for a band.) Clonely is right where she needs to be: in isolation.

I gave her a heavy spray with SNS 217 Spider Mite Control (felt like I used nearly half of the 32oz bottle). And I will begin supplementing her feed with SNS 209 Pest Control.

I think I caught them fairly early this time around so that's to my advantage. There are no flowers to be concerned about with regard to which treatments I can use on her.

I remember reading on here somewhere that a good option is to take the plant outside and blast the underside with a water hose. That person said that by doing this one could knock the mites off the plant.

Anyone ever heard of or tried this? I'm strongly considering trying it.

So for now, Clonely will continue her solitary existence until I am certain the issue has been resolved.

If I never feel that it has been, then I'll put her in my backyard, at which point she will likely become a donation to whomever has the stickiest fingers. :straightface:

Clone 5-2-21.JPG

Please join me in the near future for another episode of Only The Clonely. :Rasta:

Dam GDB, you just can't seem to get rid of those little buggers. I wish I could offer some assistance but I've never had to deal with them. I see little brown spiders all the time in my basement, if I see them they get the smack down, but they don't seem to bother my plants at all nor do I ever see babies or mites, even with the traffic from the animals and kids through the house. Do they come from just any spider? I'd have to read up on that. I am also interested in how you keep getting them after all the bug bombs and cleaning.

Only real issue with bugs I've had is the dam aphids, ya get a couple of the flying buggers in the house and they smell the pot right away. That can get out of control super quick, like a week. I mention this because you had mentioned the fact about using a garden hose to blast off the bugs. I have seen and done this with aphids because they they are a little bigger and easier to see, but not sure how it works with spider mites, they have a pretty sticky webbing.

I hope you got her under control now that you've dosed her and put into isolation. Keep and eye on all the other plants too, never know when one attached itself to you and hitched a ride to the next tent. Best of luck with clonely!

Thanks, Dick.

I need to do some research on the mites, as well. I know little about them, except that I hate them. And I didn't need to do any reading the learn that. :Rasta:

never know when one attached itself to you and hitched a ride to the next tent.
This is a constant concern of mine. I've said before that I'm thinking of showering and staying butt-naked while I water anything. But there's something that scares me about being exposed at the end of watering and having to zip the tent shut (Yikes!). So thus far I'm only wearing t-shirts and washing my hands thoroughly when going from tent to tent.

But there's something that scares me about being exposed at the end of watering and having to zip the tent shut (Yikes!).
Settle down in there, I know they are pretty ladies.. maybe you would need to take an extra step back before doing up the zipper, or put it away first :laughtwo:

Settle down in there, I know they are pretty ladies.. maybe you would need to take an extra step back before doing up the zipper, or put it away first :laughtwo:
Ha. I know we all remember zipping up the happy fella' when we were youngsters. Pure agony! The kind you never want to re-live. :laughtwo:

Beautiful harvest GDB, and thanks for the comics and Caroline Hax! :high-five:

Oooof! Forking mites! So sorry about that. July of last year I discovered what mites were when they invaded my tent. I did spray them (from underneath) with water from top to bottom. After letting the leaves dry off I followed up with an H2O/iso spray - I think it was 9/1 recommended by @InTheShed - under the leaves, etc. They were in flower at the time so that was my best bet to drag them through the finish line and I did the iso routine every three days until harvest. :oops: With a plant that size and no flowers, I can’t see why it would hurt to spray it lovingly while hopefully knocking some of the little bastards off. :eek:

Beautiful harvest GDB, and thanks for the comics and Caroline Hax! :high-five:

Oooof! Forking mites! So sorry about that. July of last year I discovered what mites were when they invaded my tent. I did spray them (from underneath) with water from top to bottom. After letting the leaves dry off I followed up with an H2O/iso spray - I think it was 9/1 recommended by @InTheShed - under the leaves, etc. They were in flower at the time so that was my best bet to drag them through the finish line and I did the iso routine every three days until harvest. :oops: With a plant that size and no flowers, I can’t see why it would hurt to spray it lovingly while hopefully knocking some of the little bastards off. :eek:
Thanks, Boo.

Shed has mentioned the H2O/iso spray to me as well. (Man, he gets around!) I just keep forgetting about trying it. But I will remember it one of these days, as it seems like battling mites will be my new normal. I must confess, however, that I like the smell of Rosemary, which is what the SNS 217 spray smells like. Maybe that's why I always reach for it first. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom