Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Ha. I know we all remember zipping up the happy fella' when we were youngsters. Pure agony! The kind you never want to re-live. :laughtwo:
Maybe a time or 2. Man, do we learn quick :laughtwo:

Mites :thedoubletake: I have dealt with mites a number of times. Bringing them in from having outdoor plants to the indoor and just not being careful.
Yes you can take them out an spray them down hard with water. The underside is extremely important to get. Let them dry a bit then hit it again hard by saturating the plant and especially the underside of the leaves with a quality neem oil. I have my preferred brand but they are not a sponsor here. You then need to repeat the saturation of neem every 4 or 5 days for a couple weeks to stop the life cycle. They will spread easily so you really should act quickly. Good luck.

Thanks, Nev.

Neem is but another thing I have in my arsenal! I've built up quite a collection of anti-mite concoctions. :Rasta:

It will be put to use, especially if she ends up outside.

Thanks for looking out, friend! :Rasta:

Shed has mentioned the H2O/iso spray to me as well. (Man, he gets around!) I just keep forgetting about trying it. But I will remember it one of these days, as it seems like battling mites will be my new normal. I must confess, however, that I like the smell of Rosemary, which is what the SNS 217 spray smells like. Maybe that's why I always reach for it first. :Rasta:
Hey GDB, I had spider mites last year and I used a combination of Neem, Dr Bronner's and insecticide soap, it eventually (mostly) worked. But I saw an approach by another poster @Skottelgoed Spons which worked well for him here.

Hey GDB, I had spider mites last year and I used a combination of Neem, Dr Bronner's and insecticide soap, it eventually (mostly) worked. But I saw an approach by another poster @Skottelgoed Spons which worked well for him here.
Thanks Stunger. I don't have any Dr. Bonners but I will look into it!

Thanks Stunger. I don't have any Dr. Bonners but I will look into it!
Dr Bronners pure castile liquid soap, was something that I used after @InTheShed's suggestion but I think since then Shed has 'moved on' from Dr Bronners and on to insecticide soap. I have still add a few drops of Dr Bronners as a surfactant whenever I do a spray or foliar just to break up the surface tension a little.

On my last grow I didn't suffer any spider mites even with using the same soil as the previous year when I got a spider mite infestation. For what it's worth, the only difference I can think of is that I amended and top dressed the soil with a reasonable amount of ground Neem meal, and I also added Chitin and Chitinase amendments to the soil which is said to help strengthen the plant against insect attacks.

Dr Bronners pure castile liquid soap, was something that I used after @InTheShed's suggestion but I think since then Shed has 'moved on' from Dr Bronners and on to insecticide soap. I have still add a few drops of Dr Bronners as a surfactant whenever I do a spray or foliar just to break up the surface tension a little.

On my last grow I didn't suffer any spider mites even with using the same soil as the previous year when I got a spider mite infestation. For what it's worth, the only difference I can think of is that I amended and top dressed the soil with a reasonable amount of ground Neem meal, and I also added Chitin and Chitinase amendments to the soil which is said to help strengthen the plant against insect attacks.
top dressed the soil with a reasonable amount of ground Neem meal, and I also added Chitin and Chitinase amendments to the soil which is said to help strengthen the plant against insect attacks.
All of that ammo is news to me Stunger! I need to upgrade my arsenal.

Thanks!

Ha. I know we all remember zipping up the happy fella' when we were youngsters. Pure agony! The kind you never want to re-live. :laughtwo:
Actually, the un-zipping was the worst, because you knew exactly what to expect...:oops:

Sorry to hear about the mites, GDB- so far I haven't had to deal with the little bastards...although in the last week, the soil gnats have returned with a vengeance- I ran out of mosquito dunks, and somehow, they found out...

Actually, the un-zipping was the worst, because you knew exactly what to expect...:oops:

Sorry to hear about the mites, GDB- so far I haven't had to deal with the little bastards...although in the last week, the soil gnats have returned with a vengeance- I ran out of mosquito dunks, and somehow, they found out...
Good point, Carcass. It was a true double whammy! :laughtwo:

Congrats on the harvest but oof on the mites! I have three or four spray bottles that I cycle through these days, but as Stunger mentioned, I have been relying on Safer's insect killing bug spray most lately. It's easy to rinse the plant off outside after the spray dries (which keeps the potassium salts from building up on the plant), but that can still be done in a tent too.

I'd recommend rotating Safer's, neem, and the SNS while you still don't have any pistils. H2O/ISO (9:1) works well too but it's hard on the lungs in a tent. Keep it up every 2-3 days for three weeks to break the life cycle. Dr Bronners unscented castille soap works too if you have it, but if you have the others there's no need to buy any at this point.

Also, spider mites are nothing like regular spiders. Same family, but only the mites want your leaves.

Congrats on the harvest but oof on the mites! I have three or four spray bottles that I cycle through these days, but as Stunger mentioned, I have been relying on Safer's insect killing bug spray most lately. It's easy to rinse the plant off outside after the spray dries (which keeps the potassium salts from building up on the plant), but that can still be done in a tent too.

I'd recommend rotating Safer's, neem, and the SNS while you still don't have any pistils. H2O/ISO (9:1) works well too but it's hard on the lungs in a tent. Keep it up every 2-3 days for three weeks to break the life cycle. Dr Bronners unscented castille soap works too if you have it, but if you have the others there's no need to buy any at this point.

Also, spider mites are nothing like regular spiders. Same family, but only the mites want your leaves.
Again, welcome back Shed!:thanks:

Hello growers.

On day 97 post-flip the Critical Kush is coming down. She has been placed in the Box of Darkness.

This was my first plant fed with GeoFlora nutrients and I am not displeased. Considering my missteps with the nutes she turned out okay. She's the smallest of the group but she has her winning qualities and I think she'll make for a nice smoke.

Tons of amber on this one. I let her get like that on purpose (For the Anecdote!).

Her parting shots:
Crtical Kush end day 97 5-7-21.JPG

Critical Kush II end d97 5-7-21.JPG

And now a short episode of:

Only The Clonely
I think the mites are mostly gone. I'm sure they're not all gone yet but I've done some major damage to the horde. I up-potted her to a 5 gallon pot with more FFOF and moved her to the basement tent (Flip City) this evening. I hope those curly leaves on her top will straighten out now. I think she was a little too close to the light in the 2x2, and also a little too warm. Tomorrow will be her first day under 12/12.

P1040874.JPG

That's is all!

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

For the anecdote! I love a good amber plant now and then to set me in my place. From my reading in the past, as the thc starts to slightly degrade with amber trichomes, in return you will get more cbn which will give a couch lock/narcotic high.

Looks like it will be a nice smoke. Congrats on another harvest. Hoping you got them darn bugs this time!

:ciao: CK and :welcome: to flipsville
Curly Clone!

Congrats on the harvest and the upcan, and the clone is going to be so bushy in flower you're gonna need a machete to thin it.
Thanks, Shed. I just want to see what those thin branches can support.

For the anecdote! I love a good amber plant now and then to set me in my place. From my reading in the past, as the thc starts to slightly degrade with amber trichomes, in return you will get more cbn which will give a couch lock/narcotic high.

Looks like it will be a nice smoke. Congrats on another harvest. Hoping you got them darn bugs this time!
Thanks, Dick.

I'm curious about the effect. I've never let one get this much amber. :Rasta:

I'm still on the bugs. They don't go away that easily or quickly!

Back
Top Bottom