Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hey GDB, how big are the cuttings you took? I’m wondering if you can put them into bloom in the 5x5 already. Kind of a sog approach? Congrats on the new bean drops, bubblegum is one of my faves, smelled like juicy fruit.

Hey GDB, how big are the cuttings you took? I’m wondering if you can put them into bloom in the 5x5 already. Kind of a sog approach? Congrats on the new bean drops, bubblegum is one of my faves, smelled like juicy fruit.
Thanks for the suggestion, HH.

I took small cuttings and none of them have roots yet.

Hello growers.

This morning both Critical Poisons have taproots. I'll bury one of them in a solo cup and perhaps put the other outside along with the other Banana, both in the pots in which they will finish.

I got 10 of 10 to germinate and the lesson seems to be, "Better sorry than safe." :Rasta:

Peace.

Hello growers.

I guess with a 10 of 10 germination, things were getting a bit too abnormal around these parts.

So after I buried one of the Critical Poison seeds and sat the Solo cup at my feet and grabbed my roll of labeling tape to make a label for the cup, wrote out and cut the label, placed the roll of tape on the ottoman in front of me, which then rolled off of the ottoman and knocked over the Solo cup at my feet dumping half the soil and of course I could not find the seed so I stuffed everything back in the cup and dropped the second CP seed in because I didn't know if the first one might be in there too deep or even if it's in there at all.

And things are back to normal. :thumb:

Hello growers.

I guess with a 10 of 10 germination, things were getting a bit too abnormal around these parts.

So after I buried one of the Critical Poison seeds and sat the Solo cup at my feet and grabbed my roll of labeling tape to make a label for the cup, wrote out and cut the label, placed the roll of tape on the ottoman in front of me, which then rolled off of the ottoman and knocked over the Solo cup at my feet dumping half the soil and of course I could not find the seed so I stuffed everything back in the cup and dropped the second CP seed in because I didn't know if the first one might be in there too deep or even if it's in there at all.

And things are back to normal. :thumb:
Got that T-shirt! Sorry to hear!

She's getting 5g per gallon of MC, @MrSauga. It's what her mom was getting when I cut her off.
This was the clone that started off at 5g? Maybe it's just a buildup of N in the soil. I'd be inclined to reset the media and come back with either the same dose, or a lighter one. 5g at that stage shouldn't be a problem, but if the plant was getting 5g with a smaller root system then the N that never gets used just builds up.

So sorry I've missed all the excitement here! Had I known it was going to go down like this I would have come to the site this weekend just for the Stack. :)

Please allow me to stack some quotes if you don't mind...
keep Clonely company.
Isn't that an oxymoron?
there were just too many plants to take down, wash, dry, jar and burp
I remember that feeling from two summers ago. Oof it's draining.
I cut one huge bud from the top and then gave her away to a friend's son (AJ). The LH was the biggest plant in the tent but not quite as big as AJ's eyes when he saw what I was giving him.
AJ will have a story to tell his grandkids...well done paying it forward. :love:
So my solution is to try some Fast strains in small pots. I've been wanting to try them and this seems like an ideal time to go for it. And I'm only going to let them veg for about 30 days so they should be faster than Fast.
Brilliant, as long as you don't end up with 10!
I think not.
I forgot what this was in reference to, but it stays as part of the hysterical hystorical record.
Scaredy Catitis and I'm going to keep wearing mine for a while!
Oh yeah...it was about mask wearing! With you 100%. No way I walk into Home Depot maskless!
Hello again growers!

I'm reinvigorated and ready to run!
Nice vacay. :hmmmm:
My biggest question now is how many pots and cups to prep, 5 or 10?
5 (not counting the new "outside grow"). Plant two in each and cull the weaker link.
Just don't call me collect!
What's the age cutoff for that joke? LOL!
I hope you do get all 10, not only to see the fiasco unravel, but...
...only to see the fiasco unravel?
And I want to grow the clones out.
The best laid plants plans...
I can't believe that anyone of you would take my ramblings seriously.
Oh, nevermind all of the above!
I’m wondering if you can put them into bloom in the 5x5 already. Kind of a sog approach?
Brilliant! Unless they don't have roots...
none of them have roots yet.
Oick
This was the clone that started off at 5g? Maybe it's just a buildup of N in the soil. I'd be inclined to reset the media and come back with either the same dose, or a lighter one. 5g at that stage shouldn't be a problem, but if the plant was getting 5g with a smaller root system then the N that never gets used just builds up.
Brilliant!

So sorry I've missed all the excitement here! Had I known it was going to go down like this I would have come to the site this weekend just for the Stack. :)

Please allow me to stack some quotes if you don't mind...

Isn't that an oxymoron?

I remember that feeling from two summers ago. Oof it's draining.

AJ will have a story to tell his grandkids...well done paying it forward. :love:

Brilliant, as long as you don't end up with 10!

I forgot what this was in reference to, but it stays as part of the hysterical hystorical record.

Oh yeah...it was about mask wearing! With you 100%. No way I walk into Home Depot maskless!

Nice vacay. :hmmmm:

5 (not counting the new "outside grow"). Plant two in each and cull the weaker link.

What's the age cutoff for that joke? LOL!

...only to see the fiasco unravel?

The best laid plants plans...

Oh, nevermind all of the above!

Brilliant! Unless they don't have roots...

Oick

Brilliant!
Nice Dangerfieldesque riff, Shed! :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

After about 8 hours in the soil my first baby is out!

A Bubblegum (whoop!).

IMG_2802.JPG

Peace.

Hello growers.

I was so gobsmacked by having all ten of my dropped seeds produce tap roots that I nearly forgot about the next phase of the process, getting them to rise from the soil.

I'm being reminded of it now. :straightface:

Of the ten seeds, I ended up with only 9 put into soil, and 2 of those (the Critical Poisons) are in one cup. The second Banana that I let continue to soak while waiting to see if a CP would open drowned.

I haven't seen any movement on 3 of the seeds (the 2nd Bruce Banner, the 2nd Banana and the 2nd Big Devil).

Three of those that have arisen have helmet-head/membrane issues. Only 2 have come out cleanly.

Pics (Sorry for the poor quality. I should have taken them before I had my coffee.)

Bruce Banner (helmet head)
B Banner 5-20-21.JPG

Critical Poison (helmet head)
Critical Poison 5-20-21.JPG

Bubblegum (membrane head)
Bubblegum II 5-20-21.JPG

Bubblegum I
Bubblegum 5-20-21.JPG

Big Devil
Big Devil 5-20-21.JPG

I've never gotten this many helmet heads. I'm thinking I must not have planted the seeds deep enough.

So that's where things stand with the new seeds.

New Gadget Get

The Viparspectra XS1500 that I won in their contest arrived yesterday after a scary delay (more about that below).

It's a cute little light! Much smaller than I had imagined but bright as hell!
New Vipardpectra XS1500.jpg

I did not hesitate to put her into action. She's now shining at her lowest setting over my seeds and clones.
New XS1500 in 2x2.jpg

New XS1500 dimmer.jpg

About the delay in getting it:

I live in the District of Columbia. DC addresses are divided into 4 quadrants, Northeast, NW, SE and SW.

I live at XXX Madison Street, NW.

I received an email from Amazon stating that the light had been delivered to my front door on May 14th, but it had not arrived. After no sign of it on the 15th and 16th I emailed Viparspectra for assistance in finding it. They did not respond but then on yesterday the guy whose 80-something year-old mother lives at XXX Madison Street, NE, brought it by. So whatever local carrier Amazon used had delivered it to the wrong quadrant, though the correct address. The address label on the box clearly stated "NW."

He said he didn't know how long it had been there on her living room floor, but he imagined that if left to her it would have stayed there forever. :laughtwo:

I can imagine my mom, also in her 80s, doing the same thing!

Peace.

Omg GDB!! Lol, so glad you got your light, and it looks like a beauty. Viparspectra has a spot in my green lil heart, all my original lights were vipars. I can’t wait to see what their new and improved lights can do. :thumb:

He said he didn't know how long it had been there on her living room floor, but he imagined that if left to her it would have stayed there forever. :laughtwo:

I can imagine my mom, also in her 80s, doing the same thing!
Wow that delivery was a near miss, great stuff that you still got it in spite of it being left at the wrong place.
Helmet heads are challenging to deal with, especially if your eyesight is not too flash.

Nice light! Street names were selling at a premium when they laid out DC, but initials were free for the asking, hence the trouble you had. And when I'm 80 there will probably still be lights in boxes scattered around my house too!

Congrats on the sprouts but sorry about the helmet heads...I hope they all come off cleanly. Another quarter inch down might have been all they needed.

Glad for your germination rate, and that the light made its way to you after some sight seeing!!
Thanks, DutchinAB.
Omg GDB!! Lol, so glad you got your light, and it looks like a beauty.
Thanks, HH! It's a very nice light -- to look at anyway. I think it might be nice otherwise as well.
Great light story! Good people are everywhere, though sometimes I need a reminder!
It is refreshing to hear an example of it. :thumb:
Wow that delivery was a near miss
Damn skippy, sure was Stunger.
Helmet heads are challenging to deal with, especially if your eyesight is not too flash.
Well according to some, I can see reds but not purples. So my eyesight may be a little suspect. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom