Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers.

No real update on my greenery today except to say that my GOG clone pots are light enough to be watered. I will feed them today.

I really wanted to show off the outdoor girl my buddy and I are growing in his backyard. It's from a Grand Daddy Purple clone I gave him earlier this year. I had no idea he was going to put it outside but was excited when he did. He's been out of town recently so I've had to spend more time with her, and I am enamored!

We're both new to this outdoor thing so I think the Weed Spirits gave us a break. No bugs, no pm and just a tiny bit of bud rot!

Ricks GDP 9-24-21.jpeg

Peace.

Hello growers.

No real update on my greenery today except to say that my GOG clone pots are light enough to be watered. I will feed them today.

I really wanted to show off the outdoor girl my buddy and I are growing in his backyard. It's from a Grand Daddy Purple clone I gave him earlier this year. I had no idea he was going to put it outside but was excited when he did. He's been out of town recently so I've had to spend more time with her, and I am enamored!

We're both new to this outdoor thing so I think the Weed Spirits gave us a break. No bugs, no pm and just a tiny bit of bud rot!

Ricks GDP 9-24-21.jpeg

Peace.
You both seem to like the outdoors!

I had no idea he was going to put it outside
There’s no question that she has sure enjoyed her life outdoors. Beautiful plant and you should both be proud. Nice!
:high-five:

Hello growers.

Ricks GDP 9-24-21.jpeg

Peace.
You might check the rot. It could be caterpillars. BT works. Nice girl.

There’s no question that she has sure enjoyed her life outdoors. Beautiful plant and you should both be proud. Nice!
:high-five:
Thanks, @Nev.

And good luck with your upcoming grow!

You might check the rot. It could be caterpillars. BT works. Nice girl.
Thanks, Stinker.

We've been checking for bugs but haven't seen any. She spent most of her time outside in a portable greenhouse with a herd of ladybugs. Eventually she had to be taken out because she got too big.

That's when some problems starting due to heavy storms and strong winds. I think the bud rot was from moisture.

Thanks, Stinker.

We've been checking for bugs but haven't seen any. She spent most of her time outside in a portable greenhouse with a herd of ladybugs. Eventually she had to be taken out because she got too big.

That's when some problems starting due to heavy storms and strong winds. I think the bud rot was from moisture.
Not saying it is caterpillars, only that it can look similar, especially early on. If there are butterflies or moths around, its possible. Nice color.

Not saying it is caterpillars, only that it can look similar, especially early on. If there are butterflies or moths around, its possible. Nice color.
I've started to see similar on my outdoor. I think its caterpillars although I cant find them, here they are small, hard to see. The rot is more granular brown than wet black. I don't know for sure.

Beautiful plant you guys have going there, GDB!
I hope that rot doesn't amount to anything...

Beautiful plant you guys have going there, GDB!
I hope that rot doesn't amount to anything...
Thanks, @Carcass.

We had to "learn" about shaking the buds out after a storm.

She survived the storm well- those buds get real heavy when they're full of water- I've had a few split right down the middle from getting rained on- that was years ago, when it still occasionally rained in California...

She survived the storm well- those buds get real heavy when they're full of water- I've had a few split right down the middle from getting rained on- that was years ago, when it still occasionally rained in California...
I love dry humor.

Hello growers.

Here's an update on the ailing GOG clones.

A few days ago, they were treated with Fast Acting Lime for a low-PH soil reading. After that, their MegaCrop feed was adjusted down from 6g to 5.5g. Neither of the plants looks exactly "normal" but the one on the left seemed to try to recover more than the one on the right. I remain stumped but the buds are still getting big and hard!

GOG clones 9-27-21.JPG

Many of the yellowing leaves on the left plant have started reverting to green. On the right plant, most did not change and some got worse.

The babies in the Freebie + 1 Grow are progressing on day 20, with the THC Bomb putting on a show.
Left rear: THC Bomb | Left front: Original Glue | Center: Fast Banana | Right front: Alien Rock Candy | Solo: clone
Freebie + 1 9-27-21 Day20.JPG

The Chiquita Banana clone is currently getting Geoflora but I've decided to change that. Since my plan is to keep her small by flipping her quickly, I'm going to grow her in the Roots Organics Lush soil along with the OG. If needed, I will give her Geoflora near the end of her life.

The THC Bomb and Fast Banana will get their first dose of Week3 @Prescription Blend nutrients on Oct. 1. The Alien Rock Candy (truly the youngest of the bunch) will get Week3 beginning Oct. 6.

That's all for now. I will post an update on the Fast tent later on today (or tomorrow).

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello again growers.

I'm posting a second pic of the Freebie + 1 grow. They were looking so sad in the pic I posted this morning. :Rasta:

They've perked up since being fed today!
Freebie + 1 grow 9-27-21 evening.jpg

Peace.

@Prescription Blend! :ciao:

It's just the two larger ones. Neither of them is on your product, but if you have some suggestions I'm listening! :Rasta:
When @beez0404 had a media pH issue in the GSC grow what worked there was to adjust the feed pH. The nutrient solution will start at whatever pH you set it but when added to the media it will drift to the media pH. You said your pH is low right? So if you mix your nutrient at a high pH it will decrease over time after you feed. In beer grow this was enough to allow the plant to take in the nutrients they needed while the pH slowly drifted.

As I recall, beez pH was high six’s when it should have been high 5’s. What worked was to mix nutrient at low pH. (That was the plant of the month winner so you know it worked)

What was your media pH, how low was it? Maybe try adjusting nutrient pH to ~6.8-7 knowing it will decrease in the pot. What do you think @InTheShed

Back
Top Bottom