Gray Mold On Fabric Pots? Advice, Tips, Solutions?

This has been a problem for me as well. I noticed it more with the shorter life span pots and organic nutes. The 2 year pots started to form a lot of mold/mildew when allowed to stay wet. But when used according to label instructions that's what they are supposed to do, break down in the ground over time. The 5year pots took a bit longer to show and it was more external than in the fabric itself. If they stay wet they start to get all funky in my experience. I keep my outdoor non-cannabis stuff on risers now, it's better, but not gone.

Actually, wouldn't you rather SEE it?? I was pissed at tan pots yesterday as well, but today it got me thinking this would be very hard, if not impossible, to see on my black pots.
Yeah I don’t think it has anything to do with the tan pots to be honest .

I think it’s from temps and or watering to much andnnot allowing medium to dry out effectively enough. This is just a thought based on my experience buddy. I really hope you get this solved . FYI it’s raining and have humidity back here for the day only but had to throw out half a bud that was starting to get the rot .

Plants that are in shade out models and have high humidity are more vulnerable to getting attack by botrytis

Yeah I don’t think it has anything to do with the tan pots to be honest .
I think it’s from temps and or watering to much andnnot allowing medium to dry out effectively enough. This is just a thought based on my experience buddy. I really hope you get this solved . FYI it’s raining and have humidity back here for the day only but had to throw out half a bud that was starting to get the rot . Plants that are in shade out models and have high humidity are more vulnerable to getting attack by botrytis
I have had serious rot issues and had to harvest 3x plants early...always a drag. Daily I am cutting off the tops of colas with rot...also heartbreaking. We have has a crazy stretch of 90%+ RH for weeks and then a week of cloudy days when things couldn't properly dry...so it's been a challenge. For the next week same conditions predicted. I've learned some good lessons (the hard way) and moving forward I'll only be using tan pots so I can see any mold. i also had a bunch of previously used fabric pots sitting in the same GH with 99%RH and a fan blowing. Dumb.

The question of the soil drying out is tough....in 30-gallon pots I water them till they drain out the botton (and the GH floor is crushed rock so it drains) and in flower they get this every day. If I try to skip water the leaves yellow very quickly...so I think next year I will just be very vigilant and first sign of mold I will attack with H2O2 both inside and out. It was just a shitstorm of bad luck (and my mistakes) this season which distracted me from issues and dealings with them (better).

This winter I am cleaning out all the old pots from the GH and keeping them in a large plastic bin.

Its not the tan pots i use alot of those and havent seen that before. Do you put the bags directly on the ground? I usually try to keep them off the ground as much as possible so water doesnt sit stagnant under the pots. I flip the drip trays upsidedown and put the pots on top of that so airflow can get all around and under the pot.
I agree with the consensus though peroxide the outside and inside the pot. Good luck!! Its been a crazy year for the muggies.

Oyeah and i try to only water at first light to give it ample time to drain and evaporate before dark.
I know its different as im growing indoors so im sorry for stating the obvious or being redundant.:passitleft:

i agree with risers, my mom keeps all hers on top of steel risers i get her from work, gives the pot airflow and the ability to dry out on the bottom, she also only waters once-twice/week.. Directly on the ground and daily watering plus the environment conditions would mean the bottom is always moist... I know youre planning on bigger pots for next year, perhaps on top of some wooden skids would help.

Its not the tan pots i use alot of those and havent seen that before. Do you put the bags directly on the ground? I usually try to keep them off the ground as much as possible so water doesnt sit stagnant under the pots. I flip the drip trays upsidedown and put the pots on top of that so airflow can get all around and under the pot.
I agree with the consensus though peroxide the outside and inside the pot. Good luck!! Its been a crazy year for the muggies.
The are on crushed rock, so any excess moisture drains down...but there always could be more airflow. Next year I'll have them on pallets.

Oyeah and i try to only water at first light to give it ample time to drain and evaporate before dark.I know its different as im growing indoors so im sorry for stating the obvious or being redundant..

Likewise, I try to water early but lately we've had consecutive cloudy, 90%+ RH days and it's choosing not water or roll the dice. Sucks.

Ive had my fingers crossed all season. I lost my first attempt at an outdoor plant to budrot like a month ago. Ive been running an a/c and a dehue 24/7 indoors and still routinely have rh in the 70s. It has gone way down the last couple days though. Im at 57 days flowering on some og kush and amnesia trying to decide when to start chopping but indecision is getting the best of me.

Ive had my fingers crossed all season. I lost my first attempt at an outdoor plant to budrot like a month ago. Ive been running an a/c and a dehue 24/7 indoors and still routinely have rh in the 70s. It has gone way down the last couple days though. Im at 57 days flowering on some og kush and amnesia trying to decide when to start chopping but indecision is getting the best of me.
I chopped 3x and it was depressing as hell...but a bird in the hand beats even bud having rot.

Hey Blew! You water daily? I'm not sure I understand how a plant in a 30 gallon pot flooded with water would show yellow leaves from lack of moisture in high ambient RH? Even in the height of flower with a pot solid with roots and RH in the 60s, my plants go 2 days without showing any droop at all.

I never water if the sides or bottom of my felt pots feel cool or damp in any way.

I was going to say looks like ALGAE as well.

I have noticed since I started to use my 730nm and 660nm spectrum I started getting
A lot of ALGAE in my Small humidifiers, after checking on line I discovered ALGAE grows
the BEST Under RED LIGHT. I simply painted the outside of the tanks to stop the problem

Not sure how one could protect the pots from the light however

Cool, you should be able to use it undiluted also. 3 percent stuff. I have used it for killing gnat larvae in coco, apparently it turns to water and oxygen quite quickly.

H2o2 - is peroxide. H2o is water. The difference is the extra molecule of oxygen. It will be attracted very easily to just about everything and spins off very quickly. The extra molecule of Oxygen absorbs into other molecules and basically explodes insects and microbes from the inside out due to the instability it created.

Will kill mold and mold spores as well as gnats and gnat eggs. Will also kill beneficial soil microbes too so don't water in with it but spraying top of soil and pots etc. will be fine.

Can use it full strength as a mouth wash... your S/O will thank me later!

Blew your mold is gonna be every where specially this time of year. If you are going to use those pots over in no-till situation, just spray good with peroxide.

The mold will come back when the environment is right for it's growth. Can spray your floor in the GH to knock it down to manageable. It's gonna be on the plants too.

Horsetail fern tea sprayed early before flowers set is how I combat it on my flowers.

This year has been oppressively wet here in the NE. Nothing dries out .... so mold is everywhere. It sucks. Best thing is cleaning well and fans to keep air moving.

Back
Top Bottom