Green but slouching plants

Kush0027

Hi all, I’m a newbie at growing,
I have read a few different possibilities of why my plants do not look healthy,
These plants are almost 3weeks old
I used a coco mix and they are outdoors,
I have not yet given any food, could this be a calcium deficiency?

Attachments

• 087F55C5-F2D6-4A77-AC1C-442673000DA2.jpeg
    087F55C5-F2D6-4A77-AC1C-442673000DA2.jpeg
    727 KB · Views: 61
  • A6809832-899E-4039-94AB-1C186C36B02B.jpeg
    A6809832-899E-4039-94AB-1C186C36B02B.jpeg
    654.4 KB · Views: 56
Is it just coco and nothing else? Should be watering with nutes daily if so.
It’s a mix potting soil ,
Pls see pic attached , when I reported them now , the roots looked like they ran out of space, thought they might need a little more time until repotting,
Is it safe to feed these 3 week old plants?

If it's Coco based, that pic dosent say much

Coco is watered daily with 1/4 strength nutes. Coco retains no nutes in it thus the daily watering
Water till runnoff

If it's Coco based, that pic dosent say much

Coco is watered daily with 1/4 strength nutes. Coco retains no nutes in it thus the daily watering
Water till runnoff
Thank you so much for the helpful advice.
Here is a picture of the soul I’m using

I definitely will follow the guidelines you have mentioned

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    802.3 KB · Views: 41
They look overwatered. New growers always overwater everything.
And uninformed growers think its actually possible to give a plant too much water.
I feed some of mine 500-600 litres a day mate and other guys grow in dwc where the entire root system is submerged in nothing but water 24/7.
Too much water aint the problem buddy, otherwise we hydro guys wouldnt be able to do what we do.
Its a lack of oxygen due to poor drainage and/or too dense a media.
Plants can breath just fine under water if theres enough oxygen there.
I do realise soil plants are prone to problems arising from water levels but i blame the soil. For every other grow method its impossible to give too much water unless your actually blasting them and manage to damage the plant.
Soil (especially in solid pots) is shit at holding oxygen and thats what causes the problems, not actually the water itself :)

This is the mix I’m using
Its not normal soil anyway, says to keep it wet and water often. Thats the opposite of what soil growers do so I say get em into fabric pots to improve drainage and water them more often. Wouldnt go too heavy on it if theyre going in solid pots though.
Fabrics pull oxygen into the root zone as the plant feeds so the plants can breath better under water so to speak. Solid pots will also leave you with a "water table" at the bottom which can cause problems.
They dont look deficient really so there must be some nutes in it too. In just coco they quickly go yellow at the size of the small one so id play it safe and leave feeding untill the bottoms start going yellow. Thats usually the first thing that will happen once they get hungry. Doesnt hurt them and they bounce right back as soon as you feed them.
Give them too much too soon though and lots of wierd shit can happen. Wee bit yellowing is perfectly safe though as long as your ready for it :)

What does the bag say is in it
I have looked everywhere on bag, it does not say what the contents are,
Even checked the inside, but here is a close up
After looking through this South African company's website several times I get the feeling that there is nothing listed on their bags because the product is intended to be used by commercial growers who already use the product in bulk but need a supply of bagged compost. Sadly the website has very little info beyond a telephone number and their address is on an unnamed road. A bunch of videos but I am not going to spend an hours or so watching 20 of them. They could have spent a couple of minutes typing up the info and it could then have been read within several seconds.

Kush0027, you mentioned that it was a coco mix in the first message. Did you add coco to it or does it say coco compost on the front?

And uninformed growers think its actually possible to give a plant too much water.
I feed some of mine 500-600 litres a day mate and other guys grow in dwc where the entire root system is submerged in nothing but water 24/7.
Too much water aint the problem buddy, otherwise we hydro guys wouldnt be able to do what we do.
Its a lack of oxygen due to poor drainage and/or too dense a media.
Plants can breath just fine under water if theres enough oxygen there.
I do realise soil plants are prone to problems arising from water levels but i blame the soil. For every other grow method its impossible to give too much water unless your actually blasting them and manage to damage the plant.
Soil (especially in solid pots) is shit at holding oxygen and thats what causes the problems, not actually the water itself :)

What you said is silly, considering he's in some soilless mixture, and you can easily drown the roots with sitting water in soggy pots. I won't address the rest of what you said.

After looking through this South African company's website several times I get the feeling that there is nothing listed on their bags because the product is intended to be used by commercial growers who already use the product in bulk but need a supply of bagged compost. Sadly the website has very little info beyond a telephone number and their address is on an unnamed road. A bunch of videos but I am not going to spend an hours or so watching 20 of them. They could have spent a couple of minutes typing up the info and it could then have been read within several seconds.

Kush0027, you mentioned that it was a coco mix in the first message. Did you add coco to it or does it say coco compost on the front?
Hi smoking wings,
Thank you for your reply.
I have repotted and it looks like that was the problem, they are doing great again

Thank you for all your help, I think I should do more research on the mediums I use before I use them.

Take care.

Here they are , doing much better ,

Attachments

• 7DD30C23-75EA-4EBD-9C59-D09E07D6D2D0.jpeg
    7DD30C23-75EA-4EBD-9C59-D09E07D6D2D0.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 8AB8B583-D18C-47C4-B2FD-78022998DBB1.jpeg
    8AB8B583-D18C-47C4-B2FD-78022998DBB1.jpeg
    677.1 KB · Views: 35
This is the mix I’m using
Looks like a hemp supersoil lol. That’s what you want. What are the ingredients? Supersoil usually have enough nutrients to last a month or more. You looking for ingredients like kelp meal, bone meal, worm castings and so on. That stuff is what breaks down and becomes N-P-K among other things needed to grow.

From the original picture, it looks like too frequent waterings. Assuming what your using IS truly a supersoil, you only want to water when NEEDED. The plants will tell you when. When you water, water heavy so all the soil is wet. The.n let it sit out in the sun again to dry up. Dry up means dry up. Overwatering= watering too often. NOT too much at one time.
You can feed nutrients at three weeks but go low low dose. That is if the soil is a superSOIL. Wouldn’t make sense to put supersoil in the bag if it was a coco base though so I’m 80% sure it’s a soil base and not Coco.
Transplant, water with a ph of 6.3 and let sit for 4-5 days. After transplants they don’t drink as much as normal so it takes longer to dry up. After the first watering to could go too every 3-4 days pending on how light the pot is.
IF it is a coco. You can topdress with a dry amendment. I’ve seen and use Gia greens all purpose 4-4-4 work really well! Just measure out the dry amendments and sprinkle on the top of the coco/soil. Watering like normal and it slowly breaks down and feeds the plant. Each top dress last about 3-4 weeks...

Back
Top Bottom