Green but slouching plants

Looks like a hemp supersoil lol. That’s what you want. What are the ingredients? Supersoil usually have enough nutrients to last a month or more. You looking for ingredients like kelp meal, bone meal, worm castings and so on. That stuff is what breaks down and becomes N-P-K among other things needed to grow.

From the original picture, it looks like too frequent waterings. Assuming what your using IS truly a supersoil, you only want to water when NEEDED. The plants will tell you when. When you water, water heavy so all the soil is wet. The.n let it sit out in the sun again to dry up. Dry up means dry up. Overwatering= watering too often. NOT too much at one time.
You can feed nutrients at three weeks but go low low dose. That is if the soil is a superSOIL. Wouldn’t make sense to put supersoil in the bag if it was a coco base though so I’m 80% sure it’s a soil base and not Coco.
Transplant, water with a ph of 6.3 and let sit for 4-5 days. After transplants they don’t drink as much as normal so it takes longer to dry up. After the first watering to could go too every 3-4 days pending on how light the pot is.
IF it is a coco. You can topdress with a dry amendment. I’ve seen and use Gia greens all purpose 4-4-4 work really well! Just measure out the dry amendments and sprinkle on the top of the coco/soil. Watering like normal and it slowly breaks down and feeds the plant. Each top dress last about 3-4 weeks...
Thank you for all that great insight!
I’ll sure look out for Gia Greens all purpose or similar

Looks like a hemp supersoil.

exactly what i was thinking.

i wonder if we see more of it here... there are a few people i know who grow in that style.

What you said is silly, considering he's in some soilless mixture, and you can easily drown the roots with sitting water in soggy pots. I won't address the rest of what you said.
So you think hempys don't exist iether then I take it? That's what they are. Big bucket of soiless with the roots sitting in a couple litres of run off at the bottom. Mines have got about 3 litres of run off that they sit in. Swallow the lot every day no problem.
Only soil growers need to worry about "over watering"mate.
Everything else is a form of HYDRO. The clue is literally the title. Not called water growing for no reason. It needs lots more water.
Wet feet and other problems you get in soil doesn't concern is because our media has much better drainage and oxygen retention.
And I know you won't adress the rest of it because there's nothing you can pick fault at. He said he's in Coco mix so one must presume it's Coco based but I've just spotted sask chiming in their so I'll go have another look. We both might have got the media wrong it appears lol

Because I wasn't referring to hydro when we were talking about soil or soilless mixtures. I've grown for over a decade and don't have time to play pedantry to something that wasn't on-topic/.

Fiiiiiiight....

Nah, in all seriousness, i get the whole drown thing but its not really drowning, otherwise hydro wouldn't exist.

Of course strangling them because they are trapped in a lack of oxygenated medium and flat water will kill them all the same.

No point getting a bun fight going folks, plants are doing better and the world is a better place for it.

:green_heart::Namaste:

Fiiiiiiight....

Nah, in all seriousness, i get the whole drown thing but its not really drowning, otherwise hydro wouldn't exist.

Of course strangling them because they are trapped in a lack of oxygenated medium and flat water will kill them all the same.

No point getting a bun fight going folks, plants are doing better and the world is a better place for it.

:green_heart::Namaste:
Exactly right which is why I didn't wish to discuss further. Obviously plants can grow in pure water.

So you think hempys don't exist iether then I take it? That's what they are. Big bucket of soiless with the roots sitting in a couple litres of run off at the bottom. Mines have got about 3 litres of run off that they sit in. Swallow the lot every day no problem.
Only soil growers need to worry about "over watering"mate.
Everything else is a form of HYDRO. The clue is literally the title. Not called water growing for no reason. It needs lots more water.
Wet feet and other problems you get in soil doesn't concern is because our media has much better drainage and oxygen retention.
And I know you won't adress the rest of it because there's nothing you can pick fault at. He said he's in Coco mix so one must presume it's Coco based but I've just spotted sask chiming in their so I'll go have another look. We both might have got the media wrong it appears lol
You are correct in saying they can survive in pure water but water sitting in a pot is different. That water can get moldy faster in soil which is why soil growers often see root rot when they are watering too often. I bet 70-80% of soil growers roots are somewhat brown. Even after washing vigorously, those roots are still brown. That’s root rot. DWC growers are waaaayy more cautious when it comes to their water because that water is everything too a DWC grower. AND those growers also see lots of root rot simply based on a ph swing that blooms microorganisms in the holding tank. When this happens, the chances for root rot skyrocket. Same is said when roots sit in stale soil water. The ph swing creates bad organisms that attack the root.
Just my perspective so far on the subject.
#rootrotsucks

You are correct in saying they can survive in pure water but water sitting in a pot is different. That water can get moldy faster in soil which is why soil growers often see root rot when they are watering too often. I bet 70-80% of soil growers roots are somewhat brown. Even after washing vigorously, those roots are still brown. That’s root rot. DWC growers are waaaayy more cautious when it comes to their water because that water is everything too a DWC grower. AND those growers also see lots of root rot simply based on a ph swing that blooms microorganisms in the holding tank. When this happens, the chances for root rot skyrocket. Same is said when roots sit in stale soil water. The ph swing creates bad organisms that attack the root.
Just my perspective so far on the subject.
#rootrotsucks
I've had it once mate. Done an experiment on a 10L dwc to see if I could do a full grow without a Res change. Turns out I couldn't lol. Full base turned to mush and the dozen identical colas just starfished out on me. Bout 3 weeks to go so it was fucked haha. Still smoke alright but would've got a slap if I tried to sell any lol.

After looking through this South African company's website several times I get the feeling that there is nothing listed on their bags because the product is intended to be used by commercial growers who already use the product in bulk but need a supply of bagged compost. Sadly the website has very little info beyond a telephone number and their address is on an unnamed road. A bunch of videos but I am not going to spend an hours or so watching 20 of them. They could have spent a couple of minutes typing up the info and it could then have been read within several seconds.

Back
Top Bottom