Newbie with first CFL grow

Rollincoal

Hey guys newbie here with a first time cfl grow, not sure if my plant is stunted or just the lighting, is a green crack, i ise a 125 opti grow light in a 24x36x55 grow tent, soil is pro mix hp just started week three and have not given any nutes yet. Let me know what you all think i think it should be taller but she is healthy i think

Attachments

• 5394E3A1-3661-44FB-8686-D6554D6A6DBF.jpeg
    5394E3A1-3661-44FB-8686-D6554D6A6DBF.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 137
  • 4C8B34F2-4C6C-47C2-AE34-CC3C3C0EDB1A.jpeg
    4C8B34F2-4C6C-47C2-AE34-CC3C3C0EDB1A.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 142
  • BA0A4040-05F8-4978-98A2-271EA7BC427E.jpeg
    BA0A4040-05F8-4978-98A2-271EA7BC427E.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 143
Looks good so far. Just make sure not to over water it. It’s a common error for first time growers. Too much Love lol.

I enjoy watching the cfl grows. My neighbor does it He has one plant and about 9 different cfl’s. I just wish I could get him to understand he’s paying the same as a 400w system but not getting the benefit of it.

anyway he does produce some nice looking buds with the cfl. It’s definitely doable.

any thoughts on starting a journal? Everybody knows I have a weird thing for first time growers lol

Positive vibes

silver :high-five:

My dadsa diesel tech. Semi retired, we run a shop on the farm now. Mostly farm equipment but we service some otr stuff as well. A lot different than my normal refrigeration work haha.

One of the guys that doesn't hang out on here much anymore worked on the really big stuff from the mines in Arizona.

I've grown nice plants with both blurple and white lights. But my go to recommendation is usually a quantum board of some type. I really like the ones I have from Atreum. Budget LED is somewhat local to me and a site sponsor that makes really nice lights as well.

If anyone has "problems with LEDs", it's their fault. Not the light.

Thanks guys they just loaded sideways first time on any forum so not sure. I was recommended by one member to start a journal but not sure how to do that either. I was given a oneo 1000 watt light from my brother but not much info on them so not sure if its a good one or not, it has both bloom and veg switch.

Thanks guys. Am out of town right now but i think i am getting the hang of this. Have any of you heard of the oneo led lights? Just curious if its even worth my time or stay with whats working
When I changed from CFL, (still use them to veg) I went to HPS for flower...hotter, but much cheaper...and that was the first time I grew a plant with colas as big as donkey...well you know:thedoubletake:....
CFL compared to HID...

Cool grow!

And this is new to me. I would use CFL for seedlings.

Do CFLs have the right spectrum?

How do we go 3 weeks in peat without nutrients?

Just curious and trying to learn something new :)

Back
Top Bottom