GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

Greenthumb J

:welcome: back everyone! I'm ready to go with my newest endeavor! I just finished up my first grow on :420: in my BC Northern Lights "Producer" model grow box, and have started up a journal documenting the grow of the clones i took from the Widow in my veg room as well as the seedlings i have sprouted from the seeds that came from the first grow. You can check that in my Sig under Current Journals.

Twilight_Journal_watermark1.jpg

I am very pleased and honoured to be doing this Journal in collaboration with Twilight Groups Ltd., reviewing the Twilight Groups Ltd Classic 165w Full Spectrum LED.

Twilight.png

Twilight Groups is a LED company based in China from the research I have done, in the Aquarium and LED grow lights departments and have a wide range of products to suit your needs. From small 15w COB LED grow lights to their 1008w Apollo LED and everything in between.

From the correspondence i have had with their Sales Rep Jason, it is very clear they take customer satisfaction very seriously. They are very courteous and friendly and promptly sent out the lamp once i agreed upon reviewing the product.

I am completely NEW to LED's and the technology behind them. I am doing my best to decipher what all the information means. I am hoping that the Guys over at Twilight will be able to answer all your techie questions you may have. I will do my best to provide you all with whatever information that is available to me.

Here is just a little bit of information, as what is available to me at the moment. i am waiting for some pictures or diagrams as well as some specifications of the LED i am reviewing.

This is the spectrum of light in the Classic 165w LED
Light_Spectrum.jpg

200 - 280 nm UVC ultraviolet range which is extremely harmful to plants because it is highly toxic.
280 - 315 nm Includes harmful UVB ultraviolet light which causes plants colors to fade.
315 - 380 nm Range of UVA ultraviolet light which is neither harmful nor beneficial to plant growth.
380 - 400 nm Start of visible light spectrum. Process of chlorophyll absorption begins. UV protected plastics ideally block out any light below this range.
400 - 520 nm This range includes violet, blue, and green bands. Peak absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and a strong influence on photosynthesis. (promotes vegetative growth)
520 - 610 nm This range includes the green, yellow, and orange bands and has less absorption by pigments.
610 - 720 nm This is the red band. Large amount of absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and most significant influence on photosynthesis. (promotes flowering and budding)
720 - 1000 nm There is little absorption by chlorophyll here. Flowering and germination is influenced. At the high end of the band is infrared, which is heat.
1000+ nm Totally infrared range. All energy absorbed at this point is converted to heat.

GEDC04991.JPG
GEDC0500.JPG
GEDC0502.JPG
GEDC0506.JPG
GEDC05071.JPG
GEDC05241.JPG
GEDC05201.JPG

LED_Footprint.jpg

Twilights prices on their LED grow lights are comparable, if not lower that other LED companies i have seen and researched. Here is a link to their webiste.

Twilight Groups Ltd. Grow lights and accessories

I will update as this journal progresses, as well as Twilight Groups Ltd. will also post information in regards to the Classic 165w LED as well as any of their other products.

SO lets get to what i'm growing shall we? I'm quite excited for all this!

What strain is it? BC Bud Depot - BC SweetTooth. An advancement on SweetTooth #3
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid. 90% Indica / 10% sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? currently germinating
If in Veg... For how long? Seeds are germinating
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. 4'x4'x6.5' grow tent
Soil or Hydro? Hydro. Will start in 1.5" rockwool starter cubes, transplanted into 4" pots, then finally into a 5gal DWC with 6" netpot lid
If soil... what is in your mix? N/A
If soil... What size pot? N/A
Size of light? Twilight Groups Classic 165w LED
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 23-32 degrees
RH of Room/cab?30-65%
PH of media or res? 5.5-6.2
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Hand watering until established root system is visible, then placing into DWC bucket
Type and strength of ferts used? Gen Hydro's 3 part Flora series will be used, starting at 1/2 strength and eventually working up to full strength. Also Gen Hydro's Subculture-M will be used for mycorrhizal supply. In addition, i will be using Botanicare's Cal/Mag Plus, Pure Blend Pro Compost tea, and Aquashield all used at full strength.

So theres the breakdown.

Heres some information about BC Sweet Tooth as per BC Bud Depot's description:

BC Bud Depot - BC Sweet Tooth
The BC Sweet Tooth comes down fast and heavy in 6 to 7 weeks with maximum yields of dense sweet-tasting candy bud. A BC Bud Depot preferred production plant, this indica is preferred by many for speedy yields of medicinal high-grade. The BC Sweet Tooth is great for stimulating the appetite, and also for providing pain relief and relaxation.

Information on BC Sweet Tooth as per Leafly's description:

Developed in British Columbia by BC Bud Depot, BC Sweet tooth is an indica-dominant hybrid known for its quick flowering time and candy taste. A hardy plant, this strain can be grown outdoors where it can flower in under 7 weeks, but it prefers the indoors where it may flower as soon as 6 weeks. The result of a cross with earlier generations of BC Sweet Tooth and classic Sweet Tooth, these sugary flowers are sure to satisfy your craving. The crystalline buds have a strong, sweet smell with a hint of citrus, and users report that this treat satisfies with a long-lasting, potent feeling that hits fast

This grow will document how a single Twilight Classic 165w LED can grow cannabis plants. If the grow requires, i will add additional 165w LED's as needed.

The plants will be grown without any training, however some defoliation may be done throughout the grow to allow the light to penetrate lower branches.

This is my FIRST LED grow.. most likely wont be my last as I'm really liking the temperature inside the tent in the middle of our summer here in BC in my SUPER hot apartment.

Here's some pictures to get us going with the Journal. I'll start with my method of Germination.

The Beans:
GEDC06441.JPG

My germination mixture:
GEDC06411.JPG

Aerating the mixture to activate the microbes:
GEDC06421.JPG

Beans in paper towel:
GEDC06461.JPG
GEDC06471.JPG

Beans inside ziplock baggie:
GEDC0648.JPG

And their final home to Germinate, on top of my ps3:
GEDC06492.JPG
GEDC06502.JPG
GEDC06511.JPG

And thats where we are at right now

Thanks for everyone who follows this along, and a HUGE :thanks: to Twilight Groups Ltd, cause without them, this couldn't be happening.

Check the link above for their products, and send them a PM on here if you are interested in buying some of their products.

Stay Medicated friends!

GreenThumb Out!

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

Hello Greenthumb J. Subcribing. Saw your post & invite at Radogast's new thread. Nice journal start...like the detail, good info & pics.

Welcome Brightlight! I'm glad you decided to stop by! I am hoping as many people as possible stop by! Hopefully some people who know more than LED's than I do show up and lend some good advice. As of now, i'm just going by what i read and learn!

Please check out my other journals if you have the time, and thanks for subbing!

Subbed. First page?

Yea, i know Rado. its not 10 pages long already like my second journal got before anything actually happened!

I got a feeling its going to fill up quickly in here!!

sweet got a front row seat;) :popcorn::popcorn:subbed

Nice of you to stop by indica vet! Please, share some popcorn to the other stoners here, I know you probably have the munchies, but we all do and sharing is caring!! Trust me, theres no shortage of sticky green around here! :yummy:

I'm going to be starting this journal without my extraction fan, as well as having my Widow clones under the LED at the moment until i move them either into the grow box, or under a 600w light i have set up either in my tent or the veg room.

No activity on the seeds yet!

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

subbed

Aloha Cronic! Hope the storms didn't blow your house down!

OH OH OH!!!!!! great, GreenThumb J, :circle-of-love: :high-five:

Damn it, I hate myself!! I am late :oops::party:

:welcome: back everyone! I'm ready to go with my newest endeavor! I just finished up my first grow on :420: in my BC Northern Lights "Producer" model grow box, and have started up a journal documenting the grow of the clones i took from the Widow in my veg room as well as the seedlings i have sprouted from the seeds that came from the first grow. You can check that in my Sig under Current Journals.

Twilight_Journal_watermark1.jpg

I am very pleased and honoured to be doing this Journal in collaboration with Twilight Groups Ltd., reviewing the Twilight Groups Ltd Classic 165w Full Spectrum LED.

Twilight.png

Twilight Groups is a LED company based in China from the research I have done, in the Aquarium and LED grow lights departments and have a wide range of products to suit your needs. From small 15w COB LED grow lights to their 1008w Apollo LED and everything in between.

From the correspondence i have had with their Sales Rep Jason, it is very clear they take customer satisfaction very seriously. They are very courteous and friendly and promptly sent out the lamp once i agreed upon reviewing the product.

I am completely NEW to LED's and the technology behind them. I am doing my best to decipher what all the information means. I am hoping that the Guys over at Twilight will be able to answer all your techie questions you may have. I will do my best to provide you all with whatever information that is available to me.

Here is just a little bit of information, as what is available to me at the moment. i am waiting for some pictures or diagrams as well as some specifications of the LED i am reviewing.

This is the spectrum of light in the Classic 165w LED
Light_Spectrum.jpg

200 - 280 nm UVC ultraviolet range which is extremely harmful to plants because it is highly toxic.
280 - 315 nm Includes harmful UVB ultraviolet light which causes plants colors to fade.
315 - 380 nm Range of UVA ultraviolet light which is neither harmful nor beneficial to plant growth.
380 - 400 nm Start of visible light spectrum. Process of chlorophyll absorption begins. UV protected plastics ideally block out any light below this range.
400 - 520 nm This range includes violet, blue, and green bands. Peak absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and a strong influence on photosynthesis. (promotes vegetative growth)
520 - 610 nm This range includes the green, yellow, and orange bands and has less absorption by pigments.
610 - 720 nm This is the red band. Large amount of absorption by chlorophyll occurs, and most significant influence on photosynthesis. (promotes flowering and budding)
720 - 1000 nm There is little absorption by chlorophyll here. Flowering and germination is influenced. At the high end of the band is infrared, which is heat.
1000+ nm Totally infrared range. All energy absorbed at this point is converted to heat.

GEDC04991.JPG
GEDC0500.JPG
GEDC0502.JPG
GEDC0506.JPG
GEDC05071.JPG
GEDC05241.JPG
GEDC05201.JPG

LED_Footprint.jpg

Twilights prices on their LED grow lights are comparable, if not lower that other LED companies i have seen and researched. Here is a link to their webiste.

Twilight Groups Ltd. Grow lights and accessories

I will update as this journal progresses, as well as Twilight Groups Ltd. will also post information in regards to the Classic 165w LED as well as any of their other products.

SO lets get to what i'm growing shall we? I'm quite excited for all this!

What strain is it? BC Bud Depot - BC SweetTooth. An advancement on SweetTooth #3
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid. 90% Indica / 10% sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? currently germinating
If in Veg... For how long? Seeds are germinating
If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor. 4'x4'x6.5' grow tent
Soil or Hydro? Hydro. Will start in 1.5" rockwool starter cubes, transplanted into 4" pots, then finally into a 5gal DWC with 6" netpot lid
If soil... what is in your mix? N/A
If soil... What size pot? N/A
Size of light? Twilight Groups Classic 165w LED
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 23-32 degrees
RH of Room/cab?30-65%
PH of media or res? 5.5-6.2
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Hand watering until established root system is visible, then placing into DWC bucket
Type and strength of ferts used? Gen Hydro's 3 part Flora series will be used, starting at 1/2 strength and eventually working up to full strength. Also Gen Hydro's Subculture-M will be used for mycorrhizal supply. In addition, i will be using Botanicare's Cal/Mag Plus, Pure Blend Pro Compost tea, and Aquashield all used at full strength.

So theres the breakdown.

Heres some information about BC Sweet Tooth as per BC Bud Depot's description:

BC Bud Depot - BC Sweet Tooth
The BC Sweet Tooth comes down fast and heavy in 6 to 7 weeks with maximum yields of dense sweet-tasting candy bud. A BC Bud Depot preferred production plant, this indica is preferred by many for speedy yields of medicinal high-grade. The BC Sweet Tooth is great for stimulating the appetite, and also for providing pain relief and relaxation.

Information on BC Sweet Tooth as per Leafly's description:

Developed in British Columbia by BC Bud Depot, BC Sweet tooth is an indica-dominant hybrid known for its quick flowering time and candy taste. A hardy plant, this strain can be grown outdoors where it can flower in under 7 weeks, but it prefers the indoors where it may flower as soon as 6 weeks. The result of a cross with earlier generations of BC Sweet Tooth and classic Sweet Tooth, these sugary flowers are sure to satisfy your craving. The crystalline buds have a strong, sweet smell with a hint of citrus, and users report that this treat satisfies with a long-lasting, potent feeling that hits fast

This grow will document how a single Twilight Classic 165w LED can grow cannabis plants. If the grow requires, i will add additional 165w LED's as needed.

The plants will be grown without any training, however some defoliation may be done throughout the grow to allow the light to penetrate lower branches.

This is my FIRST LED grow.. most likely wont be my last as I'm really liking the temperature inside the tent in the middle of our summer here in BC in my SUPER hot apartment.

Here's some pictures to get us going with the Journal. I'll start with my method of Germination.

The Beans:
GEDC06441.JPG

My germination mixture:
GEDC06411.JPG

Aerating the mixture to activate the microbes:
GEDC06421.JPG

Beans in paper towel:
GEDC06461.JPG
GEDC06471.JPG

Beans inside ziplock baggie:
GEDC0648.JPG

And their final home to Germinate, on top of my ps3:
GEDC06492.JPG
GEDC06502.JPG
GEDC06511.JPG

And thats where we are at right now

Thanks for everyone who follows this along, and a HUGE :thanks: to Twilight Groups Ltd, cause without them, this couldn't be happening.

Check the link above for their products, and send them a PM on here if you are interested in buying some of their products.

Stay Medicated friends!

GreenThumb Out!

OH OH OH!!!!!! great, GreenThumb J, :circle-of-love: :high-five:

Damn it, I hate myself!! I am late :oops::party:

Glad you finally made it. This Journal would be nothing without you and Jason and the great support you guys have given.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Subscribed. Thank you for the invitation!

Glad to have you along John! I know the answers to my questions are only a PM away! thanks for being such a stand up guy!

Welcome Growlow!

This is going to be a learn-a-long with me! This is my first LED grow, and with the little amount of heat it puts off (although its only a small lamp) is very minimal, if any at all!

I been talking with Twilight, as well as looking at their higher wattage panels, and i might just get me another LED, especially for the summertime heat!!

Always down for a good LED grow. Subbed. Good luck man

Thank you!!

its my first LED experience, but i'm liking it so far.

I will have to get a larger LED panel and see what it can really do. This 165w one might be lacking the juice!

Thank you!!

its my first LED experience, but i'm liking it so far.

I will have to get a larger LED panel and see what it can really do. This 165w one might be lacking the juice!

It's a bit of a puzzle, isn't it?
Any electrical light is a device that turns electricity into light and heat.
What doesn't go into heat, goes into light.
If 165w LED is hotter than 215w cfl (my veg lights) then physics says my cfl is producing more light.
Reflectors on a cfl absorb some of the useable light, but they emit that absorbed light as new light or heat, so it doesn't change the light vs heat equation.

Bandwidth of the light, 2700 vs 6000, and how much light hits the leaves are what seems to matter :)

Just some musing thoughts. If anyone sees a flaw in my logic, please share. I am building a room and choosing news lights this month.

Back
Top Bottom