GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

looking good bro ...... i brought pop corn for all ;) :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

GOOD!!!! i'm fuckin riiiippppeed!! got some fresh tuna kush in this evening, as well as some Afghan that is very damp still and didn't cure at all.. might give it back to my guy and get something different when he gets something new in. Cant give patients damp uncured buds! And i dont want to be stuck with it for a month while it dries and cures some more! I cant even smoke it myself! So its drying in my Monster tent in the dark!!

re: GreenThumb J's Twilight 165W LED Grow Journal & Review - BC SweetTooth - DWC

Yes i did 2BLgL. When i take my cuttings, i trim the tips of any large fan leaf that is on the cutting. This is done for a few reasons, all with the same outcome basically, a new root system.

- Cutting the leaves causes the clone to transpire less, therefore the stem doesn't dry out and die before it roots.
- Cutting the leaf tips stops that leaf, and any leaf, from growing any bigger. This takes focus off growing leaves larger, and puts it into developing a root ball
- Plants use the leaves for Photosynthesis. by cutting the leaves, you are forcing the plant to not photosynthesize properly, in turn it grows more roots in search of more favourable conditions for the plant.
- On a side note, its a good indication of when you start to see new growth from your clones. No more cut leaf tips means your clone is growing happily.

Thanks for the question. Its been fun learning how to clone. I sure have learned A LOT about this plant and how to grow it over the last 6 months

Feels really nice to be able to give others helpful advice, when i was a fly on the wall, just sitting there observing and learning!!

Awesome info man! Learn something new every day.

Thanks Buck!

I try to pay forward all the information i learn in hopes that it helps someone else out like it helped me!

Looking Good GreenT J :thumb:

Hey NWG... nice to have ya here!

Yea i'm pretty stoked on the Sweet Tooth myself. Its been awhile since something like this has come around the Lower mainlain area here in BC, and i'm hoping that i can do this strain some serious justice. I will take a clone of the plants as they mature and grow those clones under HID lighting to really bring the potential of this strain to the forefront!!

Stay tuned friends as i have a THIRD journal starting up later this afternoon once the tent is all set up.. I just need to go exchange my 5" adjustable clamps for 4" ones.. for some reason i thought 5's would be alright.. turns out they dont adjust smaller than 4 7/8" for fitting purposes!! I need a 4" for the small tent!! all my ducting is going outside, so no hot air to heat up the room the tents are it.. the AC has been moved into the grow rooms and all the doors closed.. and it is very very cold in the 2 rooms.. I think i will be flowering out some giants in my new space!! under optimal conditions!!!!

GreenThumb out!!

I saw this little light on the Twilight website yesterday
New Arrival--Spot COB LED grow light--Twilight Group Co., Ltd Crab led aquarium light, LED Aquarium Light, CREE Aquarium Light, LED Grow Light, LED Hydro Grow Light, marijuana LED Grow Light, cannabis grow light

With Jason of Twilight LED passing out Spiders to the 432w Spider COB growers today, I had this fantasy where he promoted the small and powerful COB LED by gifting one to you. That way he would have you growing and journaling another plant with another Twilight LED.

The little darling I was thinking about was the new Spot COB LED grow light :)

20140614114415_55988.jpeg

haha they've sent out quite a few panels lately.. probably have to sell a few before they can have us growers do some more reviews of their products.

I can say that i am very impressed with the Classical 165w LED that Twilight so kindly gave me to review for them..

Now with my extraction fan on in there, the tent is a steady 24 with light on.. and not sure what temps are with lights out.

ALSO.... I finally got the Monster tent up and running.. All fans and lights are going at 100% and i am very impressed with it so far.

The CoolTubes are just that.. cool.. they give off some heat.. but not a ridiculous amount of heat for sure!! I think i am going to switch to this particular set up in my bathroom/veg area once the renovations are done to it.

i am going to do a res change on the Widow, and then she will be going into her new Home!! I will start actually tying her down and getting her ready to flower!

On that note.. I will be starting a new journal in a couple hours that will document the flowering of the Widow plant.

I will be sending invitations to everyone on my friends list. So if you are not on my friends list, you should do something about that!!!

stay tuned everyone!

Heres a quick update.

Got the fan and filter installed in the 4x4 tent. This baby is ready to go!

Somehow one of the stems on a Sweet Tooth got really weak and was bent over on its side with the cotyledons stretching for the LED.. so the seedling isn't dead, just needs some support now!

Heres a couple pics of the fan and filter.. like everyone hasn't seen one of those before haha!

GEDC07001.JPG
GEDC07011.JPG
GEDC0702.JPG
GEDC07032.JPG

Thats all for this Journal.. I'm off to update the other journal, then play a couple games of Call of Duty, then hit the hay.. its been a long ass day here in GreenThumb's Apartment!

OH Radogast, you are right this lamp is NEW COB Grow Light, and this is suitable some kind of pot plants, very popular in EU market. I personally don't think it's enough light for tents. what do you think? :thanks:

I saw this little light on the Twilight website yesterday
New Arrival--Spot COB LED grow light--Twilight Group Co., Ltd Crab led aquarium light, LED Aquarium Light, CREE Aquarium Light, LED Grow Light, LED Hydro Grow Light, marijuana LED Grow Light, cannabis grow light

With Jason of Twilight LED passing out Spiders to the 432w Spider COB growers today, I had this fantasy where he promoted the small and powerful COB LED by gifting one to you. That way he would have you growing and journaling another plant with another Twilight LED.

The little darling I was thinking about was the new Spot COB LED grow light :)

20140614114415_55988.jpeg

OH Radogast, you are right this lamp is NEW COB Grow Light, and this is suitable some kind of pot plants, very popular in EU market. I personally don't think it's enough light for tents. what do you think? :thanks:

Maybe for side lighting? for plants that have wide canopies and the light cannot penetrate to lower branches.

If thats the case for this Journal Jason, and the Sweet Tooth get too big, would you suggest a second, or third 165w light to supplement the side lighting? Or something smaller that i could put in each corner of the tent to shine into the plant, like a couple Classical 150w lamps or a few of the Classical UFO LED's?

That is what I worry about. The Sweet Tooth will get too bushy, and the One 165w LED wont penetrate to the lower branches, and the yield will suffer. But only time will tell right?

24°c / 75°F is great high temp.

My range is 74-84 and I'm happy with that :)

Thats my high temp in the Monster tent.. well maybe more like 29 rather than 28 and probably 30+ if i didn't have the tent doors open a bit to allow the AC to blow cooler air directly in... I'm going to switch my light schedule tomorrow to 12/12 for the Widow as well as have the lights run at night when its much much cooler in the apartment. Lights off during the day, or i will just move the AC into the big tent and have the grow box and other tent suffer higher temperature

Interesting thing to mention is the fact that i can touch the CoolTube and its cold! Not so cold directly underneath the HPS side of the Tube, but the other half is cold to the touch! this could be due to the fact that the intake tube for the Lights hangs directly in the wake of the Air Conditioner, so its sucking in 17 degree air!

I'm thinking once i move the AC directly into the Monster tent, that the temps will be cool enough that i can attach a 4" duct tube to the intake for the grow box and have it pull cooler air from the Monster tent, and keep the grow box cooler as well. This could essentially be done for the 4x4 tent too, but with the LED, it only gets hot in the tent when the sun is shining outside.

Hey everyone..

just another quick update.

Just made another seed purchase. heres what i got.

2x Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk (fem)
10x Sativa Seedbank Blackberry (reg)
10x Nirvana Seeds Papaya

HunterNitro is growing some Papaya under CFL's and it looks amazing!!!! i can only imagine what it would look like under some HID lighting!

I got these strains for breeding purposes as well as personal stock. i want something that is crazy tasty, but knock out stone!

SO, the seeds should be here next friday if i remember how quick my last order took!!

I'm hoping that my seeds turn out looking like the picture! they were some tasty looking buds!

i'm going with regulars as i kinda want to get a male out of each and breed some tasty crosses!

Back
Top Bottom