Group Flip - May 10 2017 - Different Grows - All Welcome!

Shes about 2.5 feet now. After tucking branches to evenly spread the tops after stretch it might be 3 feet. I left somewhere in the range of 40 tops on it.

I also have 2 framed screens i built for the flower rooms. The bottom one is 3'x3' with a 3"x3" grid and the top one is 4'x4' with a 4"x4" grid. Still working on the base to make the height easily adjustable.

Shes about 2.5 feet now. After tucking branches to evenly spread the tops after stretch it might be 3 feet. I left somewhere in the range of 40 tops on it...
How do you count tops? Is it every branch that is at the top? Or do you count budsites? My verbiage is not all up quite yet~ I feel like I'm derping all morning~ lol

Thanks for the input & info base! (And anyone else)

So this particular plant has had quite a bit of training. It started out as an experiment to prove to my brother that plant count doesnt mean a thing and I could get 10 ounces off one plant as he had just finished 5 plants in a 4x4 tent that yielded 10 ounces. So once the clone had rooted and spent a few weeks in a small pot i bent the main stem over 90° and tied it down, i ended up topping it at like the 8th or 9th node so i had 8 branches growing up from a horizontal main stem. So i tied those ones down flat and topped them all at like 12 nodes. So then i had 8 horizontal branches with around 12 new branches growing on each... so just shy of 100 branches. Ive been systematically removing the ones getting squeezed out of the light and this morning I decided it was just right. So now i have around 40 branches all at the same height that will basically all grow like they are the main cola of the plant. I honestly think i can get 1.5 lbs out of this plant if all goes right, which ends up being just over one gram per watt since im running a 600w hps in the flower room. I hope some of this makes sense. After it stops stretching i
I'll strip off the lower growth from each branch that isnt getting any light.

Well- I guess if anyone was curious what a late hermie looks like - here ya go .

It's like dating a girl for 3 months and then finding out she's a dude
420-magazine-mobile802833639.jpg

Explains how seeds ended up in dispensary stuff ... how could they let this slide ??

It's not that drastic Phil. She's definitely a girl. Nanners are female genetics and can appear in any strain. It's a combination of genetics interacting with environmental conditions. Stress like light leaks and cold temps will often bring out a few nanners. Some plants are more unstable than others and will grow nanners if you look at them wrong. Others will grow nanners every time- usually starting about 2/3 of the way through flowering. Other plants can take major abuse and never go there.
Just search carefully and pick the nanners out when you find them. They usually don't grow in large numbers. They also usually don't produce much pollen, and seeds produced in the crop are usually quite few. They will be fem seed- though the plants grown from them will be prone to growing nanners themselves under roughly the same level of stress as their parents experienced.

I grew a bagseed strain for a couple years and picked many a nanner. It's really not the end of the world.

Thanks weasel - I appreciate the insight .... I did deal with humidity fluctuation and a nute lock out this round - so maybe that's it , I removed all the ones I saw before lights out , and I check the tent in the dark basement when the light is on , the DR90 is pretty dam light proof as long as the zipper flaps aren't folded over .

Again the beans came in dispensary weed so it may just be genetic too - I guess the final product will tell me the clones fate .

It's not that drastic Phil. She's definitely a girl. Nanners are female genetics and can appear in any strain. It's a combination of genetics interacting with environmental conditions. Stress like light leaks and cold temps will often bring out a few nanners. Some plants are more unstable than others and will grow nanners if you look at them wrong. Others will grow nanners every time- usually starting about 2/3 of the way through flowering. Other plants can take major abuse and never go there.
Just search carefully and pick the nanners out when you find them. They usually don't grow in large numbers. They also usually don't produce much pollen, and seeds produced in the crop are usually quite few. They will be fem seed- though the plants grown from them will be prone to growing nanners themselves under roughly the same level of stress as their parents experienced.

I grew a bagseed strain for a couple years and picked many a nanner. It's really not the end of the world.
That's some great info, thanks for sharing that!

So this particular plant has had quite a bit of training. It started out as an experiment to prove to my brother that plant count doesnt mean a thing and I could get 10 ounces off one plant as he had just finished 5 plants in a 4x4 tent that yielded 10 ounces. So once the clone had rooted and spent a few weeks in a small pot i bent the main stem over 90° and tied it down, i ended up topping it at like the 8th or 9th node so i had 8 branches growing up from a horizontal main stem. So i tied those ones down flat and topped them all at like 12 nodes. So then i had 8 horizontal branches with around 12 new branches growing on each... so just shy of 100 branches. Ive been systematically removing the ones getting squeezed out of the light and this morning I decided it was just right. So now i have around 40 branches all at the same height that will basically all grow like they are the main cola of the plant. I honestly think i can get 1.5 lbs out of this plant if all goes right, which ends up being just over one gram per watt since im running a 600w hps in the flower room. I hope some of this makes sense. After it stops stretching i
I can't wait to hear about that yield, 1.5lbs would be crazy!

Yes, that totally makes sense! That gives he hope because I have at least 13 branches that are all the same height! ... amazing job base, I'm so glad you're here! Thank you!

I can't wait to hear about that yield, 1.5lbs would be crazy!
I had topped the mother, and while i was in the room I accidentally broke one of them off. So I cut the other one off so all the lower branches could be closer to the light. Those two branches after drying, trimming, and curing yielded 22 grams. They were also about 3 weeks from being done in my eyes so their full potential wasnt reached. So if this one puts on an extra 25% in the last few weeks I'll be close to 600 grams.

I also had taken clones of two other females that were a different pheno of the same strain but i trashed them because I didnt like the moms finished product as much. Fingers crossed i didnt throw the wrong ones out.

Yes, that totally makes sense! That gives he hope because I have at least 13 branches that are all the same height! ... amazing job base, I'm so glad you're here! Thank you!
You can only yield as much as your light will allow. So having a canopy that takes up all the usable "footprint" is ideal. Sounds like you should end up with 13 monster colas if you keep them relatively even in height so they can all be in the "sweet spot".

You can only yield as much as your light will allow. So having a canopy that takes up all the usable "footprint" is ideal. Sounds like you should end up with 13 monster colas if you keep them relatively even in height so they can all be in the "sweet spot".

Does that mean you should be adjusting your light throughout flower??

Welllll... problem with that is I only have one 400w hps~ I didn't know how big these would get... lol. I have an old school cool hood ... I wonder if that opens the footprint any~ regardless I'll be happy with whatever harvest I get! It's all personal medicine so next grow I'll have more of an idea of what I'm doing! Lol

Most definitely adjust your light during flower. Each light has an ideal range from the plants to be the most effective.
Couldn't agree more, the only thing i can add is find your girls comfort on your own, they will tell you what they want, my girls are 10in away from my led, most would say that's too close but they seem healthy and happy!

Just keep raising as they grow - when they stop stretching stop raising it .... vespertine 400 is good for 3x3 and maybe 4x 4 with small plants .... I'd say add one more 400 or up to a 600 for flower and stay with 400 for veg.
I have just a 400 in a 3x3 but I think a 600 or a cmh 315 is more suited for bigger buds
That's my plan
Once i get through the nanner situation that is lol

Hey phil... thanks so much for the input~ unfortunately I'm not able to get another light just yet~working on a carbon scrubber set. My whole house smells fantastic to me, but makes my guy paranoid... lol. I was thinking that if i got lucky enough to have all girls, I could use my cfls & put the small girls back into vegetation~ but I won't be able to control the environment as well~ I'm not going to panic yet as I might not get all girls. Since Claudette is a clone, she gets pole position~ she's the only one whose genetics I'm certain of~

Back
Top Bottom