Group Flip - May 10 2017 - Different Grows - All Welcome!

Also double check that the timer is at 12 hours with no interruptions - and make sure the tent is completely clear up during the dark period -

Also curious what strain?

Does it have to be 100% dark? The LED light on my portable ac puts off a little light when the lights are out, but I wouldn't think it'd be any more light than moonlight? Lemon Walker from DNA

I mean if they can see the light it may slow them down - I think moonlight is different since it's outdoors

I just fixed a lot of small light leaks of my own, has to be 100% darkness for 12 hours or longer so no peeking in w/out green lights on as this the plants cannot see.
I would cover the led on the AC w/ black tape

Does it have to be 100% dark? The LED light on my portable ac puts off a little light when the lights are out, but I wouldn't think it'd be any more light than moonlight? Lemon Walker from DNA
Yes, it should be 100% dark. I even cover the front of my tents with blankets to prevent leaks from the door zippers.
Also you said you thought your lights are good cause the girls are stretching? Are you sure you have enough light and that the light is close enough to your canopy? You don't want them stretching too much. Can you post pics showing your setup and how you placed your lights? ;)

Yea mine aren't even close to looking like that! Those look good. As for nutes, GH Flora trio, calmag, Mammoth P, Hydroguard. They're drinking and growing, just not showing sex. I'll have to get pictures after work today
Your on 12/12.? I am not familiar with that brand of nutrients. Are they for veg or flower.? My candy cane took 3 weeks in flower before start showing buds.

Yes, it should be 100% dark. I even cover the front of my tents with blankets to prevent leaks from the door zippers.
Also you said you thought your lights are good cause the girls are stretching? Are you sure you have enough light and that the light is close enough to your canopy? You don't want them stretching too much. Can you post pics showing your setup and how you placed your lights? ;)

I think the fridge box guy has the stretch .

A buddy of mine had a plant throw seeds because it was next to his ac with the led light on. And I think mine hermed because of a light leak too. I'd watch it closely or put tape over the light. You can't compare an led light to moonlight.

Edit. Sorry, I grabbed the wrong post

Anyone Know what these brown tips could mean? I flipped on the 10th and my girls are doing great otherwise.
IMG_0893_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0892_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0891_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0888_-_Copy1.JPG
IMG_0887_-_Copy.JPG
Tips look normal. The closer you get to harvest the plant should start looking dead.

This is my slapped together grow closet. Its a heavy duty shelf and i stuck the poles together, wrapped it with a refrigerator box and lined it with emergency blanket. Originally I had one 6" fan for intake and another for exhaust and tried putting a vent hose on them for light proofing. Haha, that didn't work because they aren't inline fans lol. Modification time! I made a passive intake by cutting a 3" strip out of my wall horizontally and one slit on each side going down and put the fan box in there (half in and hf out) so the air has to go up 16", in, then down 16". Then I added the fan from the intake to the exhaust and made a square duct from cardboard and put black posterboard in the corners to round them out and to absorb light. Temps are now staying under 28°C (82F i believe) when it is 35C (96F ) and RH is 30 to 50. Lots of duct tape and picnic table cloths for light proofing. (Should have just bought a tent to begin with lol). The ladies are stretching so it must be good on the light. I read to go inside box with lights out and wait 15 mins, if you can't see yoir hand in front of your face, you are good.

Anyways here is pics. Sorry for the long post
420-magazine-mobile1650782443.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1987254263.jpg
420-magazine-mobile727815028.jpg

Pretty scabby, lol, but it works.

Keep growing, .

The idea is cool but I don't think the box will handle 3 months of in and out growing. That's just my thought. Don't hold me to it

The idea is cool but I don't think the box will handle 3 months of in and out growing. That's just my thought. Don't hold me to it
Thanks for checking it out. The only kink in the box is on the front left. I made the door pivot on that pole and put a corner of the box there. It over laps about 8" on the right side. I've only had to reinforce one spot with the one strip of tape on the pivot. Its been 8 weeks and has little wear. It's not going to last long, I know. Hopefully a couple more months and i can finish this grow. Defs not worth the hassle and work, if you are thinking of something like this, just buy a tent!

I just think they are transitioning into flower, starting stretch, because they took off about a day after I switched the lights. I have a 300W reflector viparspectra (5W chips) 18" from canopy and 2 23W 2700K CFL's about 3" above. Will post pics in hf hr or so when lights come on.

Re: light setup.

420-magazine-mobile1776183507.jpg

lol that's fkn awesome dude. I'm a fan of recycling. Did you line the inside with anything? Ghetto solutions is kinda something I dabble in and cardboard has been one of the main tools I've used lol. I almost forgot I was popping in to share something we are attempting with a weird jack Herer branch that mutated into two and we chopped it late and are trying to root it.
420-magazine-mobile1978773481.jpg

420-magazine-mobile647852932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile29757445.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1352417491.jpg

And here's our Mutant day somethingorother of flower
420-magazine-mobile1028001251.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1588483913.jpg

lol that's fkn awesome dude. I'm a fan of recycling. Did you line the inside with anything? Ghetto solutions is kinda something I dabble in and cardboard has been one of the main tools I've used lol. I almost forgot I was popping in to share something we are attempting with a weird jack Herer branch that mutated into two and we chopped it late and are trying to root it.
420-magazine-mobile1978773481.jpg

420-magazine-mobile647852932.jpg

420-magazine-mobile29757445.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1352417491.jpg

And here's our Mutant day somethingorother of flower
420-magazine-mobile1028001251.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1588483913.jpg
I lined it with emergency blankets. Seems to be working ok.

Damn look at that beast. Beautiful lady!

Back
Top Bottom