Grow #2: Zkittlez Auto

Fed again yesterday. Starting week 12.
20210824_130123.jpg
20210824_130114.jpg

I believe one of the main issues I had with this grow, was that I took off too many fan leaves. My last grow I gave a seed to @Hazydayz1 and he grew more from 1 plant than I did from 2 of them and the main difference was that he didn't go crazy with the defoliation. He is currently growing 2 of these also so if he doubles my yield with his 2 to my 4 then I am convinced that the leaf picking did me in on this one. learning stuff all the time :laughtwo:

I believe one of the main issues I had with this grow, was that I took off too many fan leaves. My last grow I gave a seed to @Hazydayz1 and he grew more from 1 plant than I did from 2 of them and the main difference was that he didn't go crazy with the defoliation. He is currently growing 2 of these also so if he doubles my yield with his 2 to my 4 then I am convinced that the leaf picking did me in on this one. learning stuff all the time :laughtwo:
I love that we can grow side by side and see what works. Can’t wait for this grow.

if your curious what we’re talking about, my grow journals are in my signature.

my second zkittles was taken down yesterday at week 15. Plant faded nicely at the end and now in the dry box for the next 7-10 before brown bag for three and jar. I only remove large fans before hanging and will trim before jar. Really happy with bud size and density and yield. Funny though, when growing she smelled super fruity, like a freshly opened bag of zkittles, but at chop all the smell is kushy. We will see what the cure brings out.
Thank you for letting me tag along on your journal Constanta! Its been fun growing with you brother.
20210830_183900.jpg
20210831_092808.jpg
20210830_192613.jpg

my second zkittles was taken down yesterday at week 15. Plant faded nicely at the end and now in the dry box for the next 7-10 before brown bag for three and jar. I only remove large fans before hanging and will trim before jar. Really happy with bud size and density and yield. Funny though, when growing she smelled super fruity, like a freshly opened bag of zkittles, but at chop all the smell is kushy. We will see what the cure brings out.
Thank you for letting me tag along on your journal Constanta! Its been fun growing with you brother.
20210830_183900.jpg
20210831_092808.jpg
20210830_192613.jpg
Ok this is gonna be a dumb question but what's the brown bag method? I usually hang for 10 days and then stick in mason jars and burp for 2 weeks and then back in sealed jar with humidty pack to cure for 3 weeks. I'm curious if the bag will be better than the jar burp method

Probably bro science but learned it from old time grower so I do it. I hang branches for 7-10, depending on drying conditions, then buck buds off branches and into brown Shaws grocery bags. The bags slowly draw out more moisture over the next three days. Seems to prolong the drying period so you get an even and slower dry. Then they go into the jars for the cure. To me, it seems to draw out the internal plant moisture and break down chlorophyll for a smooth smoke. None of my plants ever have a harsh hit that makes your chest ache or causes huge coughing fits. This process just seems to work for me.

Probably bro science but learned it from old time grower so I do it. I hang branches for 7-10, depending on drying conditions, then buck buds off branches and into brown Shaws grocery bags. The bags slowly draw out more moisture over the next three days. Seems to prolong the drying period so you get an even and slower dry. Then they go into the jars for the cure. To me, it seems to draw out the internal plant moisture and break down chlorophyll for a smooth smoke. None of my plants ever have a harsh hit that makes your chest ache or causes huge coughing fits. This process just seems to work for me.
It makes sense I just never thought of doing it for weed that's what I do for avocados when I get one that's not ripe I put it in a brown grocery bag for a day or 2 . I think I'm gonna try that method out when my ladies are done in a few weeks

Yeah definitely give it a try! I put a single layer in the bottom of the bag, use several bags to avoid overcrowding. Then just roll the top of the bag down lunch bag style and give them a couple days. Seems to really help retain terps and provides a nice consistent dry.

Yeah definitely give it a try! I put a single layer in the bottom of the bag, use several bags to avoid overcrowding. Then just roll the top of the bag down lunch bag style and give them a couple days. Seems to really help retain terps and provides a nice consistent dry.
Well I'm sold. I'm definitely doing this on my next batch. The last one I harvested had a really strong lemon smell to it and it didnt retain any of that scent or taste when it was finished. I was so disappointed

You still have one zkittles going now correct? How is she doing?
I have 4 actually. All 4 sprouted at the same time and all 4 are growing at different rates. Gonna be interesting when it comes time to hang and dry

Sounds like a good old fashion trimming party may be in order when four of them are ready.
I hate trimming. Last one I trimmed I ended up using this thing called the cannabrush to get most of the sugar leaves off and then had to do a quick finishing trim on them and it seemed to work well. Was skeptical as hell when I bought the thing but it actually works really well

Happen to remember where you purchased said brush from? I think I could use a product like that. I am fine for the first hour of trimming but after that....

Happen to remember where you purchased said brush from? I think I could use a product like that. I am fine for the first hour of trimming but after that....
I got mine from one of the generic grow sites think it was growbuds. Here is a link to the product page. Still need to do some light trimming after using it but it gets the majority of the leaves off "CannaBrush Trimming Brush – Brush Tools"

July 19th was the turning point of this grow, and I failed miserably.
Looking back on this journal the biggest mistake that I made was on July 19th, when I decided to start with the bloom nutrients. I didn't have enough nitrogen to get through the transition to flower, and the plant started feeding off of the leaves until they eventually all turned yellow, and fell off. I noticed that this had a ill effect on the size of my buds and the overall health of the plant seemed to suffer. Once I noticed the leaf tips twisting during the beginning of flowering I made another fatal mistake of flushing the soil and I flushed away a good amount of organic nutrients in the soil and that also causes more problems with the plant and I had nitrogen issues through the entire flowering phase. Using this knowledge to try and fine tune everything for the next grow and keeping my head up. Gonna start checking trichomes at the end of this week and hopefully they will be ready to cut week 15.

20210830_183900.jpg
20210831_092808.jpg
20210830_192613.jpg
I'm not sure how I missed this picture before. I still have some of those He Man figures in my parents basement and I still consider Skeletor the greatest villain of all time.

Lmao! Thanks! My wife and I turned our basement into an 80's nostalgia lounge complete with jukebox, 70's pinball machine and atari 2600 on an 80's console tv. Its also where my grow is located so its literally my favorite place on earth.

Lmao! Thanks! My wife and I turned our basement into an 80's nostalgia lounge complete with jukebox, 70's pinball machine and atari 2600 on an 80's console tv. Its also where my grow is located so its literally my favorite place on earth.
That's so cool. Sounds like the perfect lair

Back
Top Bottom