Grow #3, New Budmaster, New Autopots, New Room

how that sohum treating u? i just received my autopot system and was considering using the sohum and RO in the res instead of coco/perlite and nutes in res.. expensive to ship here to seattle but if its worth it its worth it...

Hi 420,

I'm still 3-4 weeks from the finish line of this grow but I'd have to unequivocally yes the Sohum is worth it for those that want to grow in soil. I only use spring water purchased from the grocery store and I've yet to see a single yellow leaf or any sign of nute deficiency at all. This is near idiot-proof growing and I absolutely love the flexibility to not be concerned at all about watering for days or even weeks, and not having to do a thing regarding nutrients or constantly measuring soil pH. Makes it dead simple if you need to be away for vacation or work and not have to worry about the plants while you're gone.

Since this grow will be done in a few weeks I went ahead and put four more seeds in dirt to have them ready to go into the Autopots. As long as I'm growing in soil I don't see any reason to go back to using one that requires nute supplements. I'll be placing an order for more Sohum next week. Next round will be 1 each of G13 Haze, OG Kush, Icebreaker, and Blueberry Twist. I plan to try and manifold them.

Hang around and see how these finish up! I'll try to post a few more pictures as the buds do their thing. Good luck and post a journal link here if you start one for your grow. I'd love to see how it works out for you (spoiler: it'll work great!)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good to see you back again, canobud! Nice new set up. Subbed.

Sent from my LGLS992 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

LAZ! Good to see you man! Compared to the tiny closet these girls started in the new room is a dream come true...I'm just waiting on my bigger fan and filter to arrive any day now. My tiny 4" fan is no longer fit for the job!

I can't wait to get a four plant run going in these Autopots on the next round in a month or so.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking great. I see you planted them in tiny pots first. I put them directly in their final autopot home already as seeds. Think that speeded up things a little :)

Read through your journal. Find this "living soil" thing interesting. Sohum soil. I wonder if this is related to high brix gardening?

Read through your journal. Find this "living soil" thing interesting. Sohum soil. I wonder if this is related to high brix gardening?

Hi DeVille,

I haven't done enough reading on the brix method to make any sort of comparison, but I'm sure plenty of folks on this site could probably explain any differences or similarities.

I noticed after I bought my setup they're now offering Autopot + Sohum kits which seems like a no-brainer to me now. I'm liking it so far.

I made my back-building snips on the bud tops this morning. Hoping they'll really fatten up towards the finish.

420-magazine-mobile1824388964.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1311726124.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1169932722.jpg

The younger widow:

420-magazine-mobile9449557.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1838456063.jpg

hey Cano, those plants are looking great.. im gonna go ahead and purchase some sohum and give it a try. do u add extra perlite to the sohum for the autopots? any thoughts on using the sohum in veg? is there enough nutrients to last the whole grow cycle or would it be best to just pot up into the sohum for flowering?

It's pretty loaded with perlite. I didn't add a thing to it. It's designed for seed to harvest and mine have been in Sohum since germination. This soil is designed for cannabis first and foremost and so far it's doing the job!

Once I use up all the nutrients I have I might give sohum a try. Sounds like the one extra step autopots need to be almost fully automatic.

I looked but maybe i missed it... Who is the breeder on your white widow? Are you still growing "the widow" or is it a different strain?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

I looked but maybe i missed it... Who is the breeder on your white widow? Are you still growing "the widow" or is it a different strain?

"A house divided against itself cannot stand"

One of them is the widow from Gorilla and one is white widow from Robert Bergman.

one more question.. how was the sohum packaged when shipped to your house? is it discreet?

Here's where I had an issue. My first shipment (2 bags of soil) arrived in a plain brown cardboard box, however the shipping label had not the "Sohum" name in the return address section, but their parent company name..."American Cannabis Co." I believe it said. I nearly hit the roof when I saw it. I emailed them back explaining how fucking idiotic they must be to put customers in potential danger like that, for which they profusely apologized and swore they would update their fedex shipping labels to remove the C-word from it.

Bottom line...it won't stop me from buying again, but I would recommend ordering by phone only and making triple-sure they know there needs to be no hint at all on the label what the items inside are for.

ok sweet i just got off the phone with them, got 6 bags coming.. apparently after u talked to them about the american cannabis company title on the box they changed there labels to say Foster and Blacksmith or something like that.. it does say sohum living soils underneath that tho.. not sure why, maybe for when they ship through customs internationally..

Looks like that Sohum lasted the grow for you. How do your trichomes look? I just got hold of a BioTabs starter kit and will be trying that with coco next grow in late April. Will be nice only putting water in the reservoir.

Back
Top Bottom