Growing 6 Plants - Vegging For 4 Months

Re: Growing 6 plants (Vegging for 4 months)

You can bury the stem. I haven't done this but I've read in several threads, various grow journals, and the Rosenthal book that you can.

Although many general questions can be answered through these forums, threads, faqs - I'd like to know specifically how many hours of sun do you get per day outdoors in April where you grow? Also, vegging for 4 months indoors you plan on flowering outdoors starting in april?

i should get around 12hrs of sunlight in april. i have them outside in veg right now i just plan on begging till then cause i want to see how tall i can get these. I'm also debating if i should top them once twice or not at all.

How will this work for a reflector? I'm gonna use this till i make something a lil nicer.

20140113_124303.jpg

Its ghetto but it should work haha

Use what you have on hand is always a good policy. When you do get something else remember mylar and titanium white pain reflect the best. Tinfoil works ok but every crease or wrinkle reduce its reflective properties and mirrors absorb about 25% of the light and are not preferred. As far as reflectors go for cfl you want a bowl or double wing shape and a horizontal reflector is almost always preferred over a vertical one.

Hey joe does the reflector block the fan? Do you see a significant change in bottom temps with the lights being so small or is there enough of an air gap? Also I you thinking of a way to make some reflectors for the side cfls I was thinking it might be possible to make some out of 2 liter soda bottles. Cut them down to make little satellite dish shaped plastic parts and paint them white? Just a thought.

I have a dome reflector for a shop light I use up top in my cloning rig. I picked it up at a hardware store in the lighting section where all the work lights were. I got the biggest one and it makes a great reflector for 2 cfls with a 2 way splitter. I think it was the 14 inch dome size with a standard light socket screw and a build in 8 ft power cord for like $13.

It looks like this
cloning_reflector.JPG

So here is an update of my plants. They are looking pretty good but i notice a lil yellowing of the bottom leaves. Not sure if its some kind of nute burn or just what it does when its a baby. I guess it could be over feeding cause I'm following the fox farm chart and it says to feed them, i thought you don't feed them when they are in fresh soil cause the soil has all the nutes that it needs but yet they say to feed it. I'm lost on that part.

20140122_082735.jpg
20140122_082744.jpg
20140122_082800.jpg

how I wish I could put my girls outside in the sunshine
they look happy in the sun man :high-five:

It depends on if the leaves are overcurled or undercurled.

Back
Top Bottom