Growing outdoors assistance needed in Colorado

Autolabor1

I have 3/4 of an acre to grow on. I have never grown outdoors before and now I am trying to decide how to securely build and design an outdoor grow for next year. I'm thinking of going with 6x6 for boxes above ground due to the poor soil here in Pueblo West. I think if I am a patient in Colorado I can legally grow 6 plants ( correct me if I'm wrong). These pictures are of my backyard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to grow some very big plants. How do I set it up? Thanks.
20181122_065540_LI.jpg

Attachments

• 20181122_065512.jpg
    20181122_065512.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 20181107_101529.jpg
    20181107_101529.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 154
Yeah I started growing in the 80 in Nederland outside of Boulder. I have great seeds. I want to grow Maui Wowie trees outback. Just need suggestions for security and help with soil. It's been a few years though. Lol

Plant some cedar or fir around your garden. Privets grow fast too and are bushy. Put some peppers and other veggies out there too. Just make it blend in. They are fun to grow too.

That was an old plate when I bought it. From 69 lol I have grown outdoors but it was in the 80s. Now I'm realizing in Colorado I have to grow in a locked structure so planting outdoors in the ground is out.

Plant some cedar or fir around your garden. Privets grow fast too and are bushy. Put some peppers and other veggies out there too. Just make it blend in. They are fun to grow too.
I have to Grow indoors in a locked shelter of building. I stuck at growing indoors. Kill eveything.

Yeah as long as they have a lock on a door. Crazy right. I have a full basement. I could grow 1000 plants indoors. But go outside your land is no longer yours.

Brian'sGreenhousedrawing.jpeg
here's my plans. I got a bid for $2700 for the foundation wall and a 24" brick wall. I have never built anything like this before but I can build just about anything if I see it. Going to go with 4x8 sheets of 6mm polyglass greenhouse sheets.

Gonna be a nice outdoor grow. what kind of medium are you putting down in there? I remember when my bro did an outdoor grow he did layers of different stuff. sand on the bottom i remember for sure, then the main mix was peat, soil, and sheep shit? i think lol.

just wondering what your mix is gonna be.

I'm actually going to grow in pots. 10 gallon. 6 plants. Monsters lol. There's a guy here who delivers rock base from the Steel Plant here. I'll put down a layer of film and backfill inside and build around it. Should drain well and able me to move plants around.

I started with 10 gallon fiber pots, but soon realized they weren't large enough. If you want big plants go with 20 gallons minimum. Of 5 plants I grew this last summer, I left one of them in the 10 gallon - it was the smallest by far. The largest was in 25 gallons and reached nearly 7ft and yielded nearly 2 pounds of cured bud. Of course the 5 plants were all different stains so genetics also plays a part in plant size.

I'm actually going to build a Greenhouse. In Colorado you have to grow in a locackable structure. It's BS but my neighbor is a Sheriff so. I have no choice if I want to grow outdoors leagally. But I like the idea of 20 gallon smart pots. Still moveable.

Gonna be a nice outdoor grow. what kind of medium are you putting down in there? I remember when my bro did an outdoor grow he did layers of different stuff. sand on the bottom i remember for sure, then the main mix was peat, soil, and sheep shit? i think lol.

just wondering what your mix is gonna be.
Believe it or not. I only use Fox Farms. I mix Happy Frog with Strawberry fields soil mix and some perlite. They just love it big time.

Back
Top Bottom