Growing S.A.G.E. With Mega Crop: Leaf Problems At Week 8 In Veg

Despite the minor issues at the end of this grow most of the flowers are nice and Stoney. Some of the odd brown flowers were made into oil for caps.

Thanks for all that lent their advice!

I know this is an old thread, but I think I may have figured out my problem on this grow.

pH was to high.

On my last run right at week 3 from flip I started to get the same problems this SAGE run had. I bought a new pH pen and found out I was running about 7.2-7.6 pH with Mega Crop in soilless medium. pH for soilless should be around 5.8-6.2 from what I’ve read.

I dumped the high pH nutes and started fresh with 6.2 to start and worked down to 5.8 over a few days.

The plants instantly turned green and thrived the rest of the grow.

All over the internet folks are posting they only use Mega Crop and don’t pH. Man I wish I was one of them!

Keep it Green!

All over the internet folks are posting they only use Mega Crop and don’t pH. Man I wish I was one of them!

not having to ph in MC is a bit of a myth and only applies in soil or amended soil-less grows (dolomite). the more neutral the media, the more necessary it is to ph. just like most other nutes.

the confusion comes in to play as MC has some nutrient content available to the plant over a larger range of ph than most bottle nutes. but it is not the majority of the content. because of this, some growers get away without ph'ing, but it is dependent on the rest of their grow environment, water etc.

Hey Bluter,

Definitely multiple factors that come into play for everyone.

This was faux mix or basically homemade Promix HP with dolomite Lime. I’m always looking for a good KISS way to grow.

Last grow I used MC, cal mag and pH’ed with phosphoric. Amazing low stress grow with good return.

:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom