Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Merry Christmas Farside! You were a huge inspiration for me this year to get growing, and grow properly. You did all the thinking for many of us, and for that I thank you.

Merry Christmas back at ya and thanks for the kind words. May Santa leave a fat nug in your stocking.

It does look a little odd. There's leaves nearby that don't seem to have the same issue. It's the light just too bright or hot right above the affected area?
No actually if anything its not enough light cause 3 of 6 of my cobs on the light burnt out. An as for heat its like between 74 an 78 almost everytime i look in there.

Merry Christmas farside, to you and your loved ones. And if you're working tonight, I hope that it's peaceful and quiet as the season requires. :Namaste:

Thanks Shed. Yeah I'm working and the thugs were giving the gift if lead this holiday season. Working a shooting right now. Normally it's a pretty quiet night but not so far. Hope Santa is good to you. My In-Laws went way over the top this year and are buying us a hot tub. Now I get to build a pad on our sloped lot for it. Gracious for the gift, not so much for the project it creates

My wife loves ours, and keeps it at 103-104º! I can sit in it for about 3 minutes at that temperature, but I think that's part of her plan :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Clear on that. My wife can cook a lobster and take a bath at the same time.

My wife loves ours, and keeps it at 103-104º! I can sit in it for about 3 minutes at that temperature, but I think that's part of her plan :cheesygrinsmiley:.
I keep ours at 100. Perfect!

Clear on that. My wife can cook a lobster and take a bath at the same time.

Hey fs hope ur holidays are going good so a few people are thinking its an N toxicity issue so wud maybe dropping the cal-mag i got all 2gether for since the cal-mag is 2-0-0 an idk how the faux-tekt stuff we made is so what would u suggest i do?

Hey fs hope ur holidays are going good so a few people are thinking its an N toxicity issue so wud maybe dropping the cal-mag i got all 2gether for since the cal-mag is 2-0-0 an idk how the faux-tekt stuff we made is so what would u suggest i do?

How much of each are you using (Mega and Cal-Mag)? Faux-Tekt® has no N to worry about but I'd still keep in proportion. So if you were using 6g Mega, I'd dial it back to 5g Mega, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Faux-Tekt®.

How much of each are you using (Mega and Cal-Mag)? Faux-Tekt® has no N to worry about but I'd still keep in proportion. So if you were using 6g Mega, I'd dial it back to 5g Mega, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Faux-Tekt®.

Thats exactly the amounts ive been doing since u told me bout the faux-tekt stuff.

Its really weird man cause look at my Mandarin Cookies i got going here an she looks great not a problem with growing her so far.

She looks good.

Suggestion, take your plant that's having issues. Run a couple gallons 5/5/5 (5 Mega, 5 Cal-Mag, 5 Silica) at her until you get some runoff. Check that runoff with TDS tester. Compare the runoff ppm with ppm of a gallon of 5/5/5. You're looking for the stuff that came out to only be a couple hundred points over what went in. If it's significantly higher, you have build up in your growing media. If so, add another gallon of 5/5/5. Test some of the last runoff from it. Is it within a couple hundred points now? If yes, stop, you flushed out the build up. If no, keep going. A mature plant shouldn't be having an issue with N toxicities at the 5/5/5 level.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Everyone went way overboard around our house. I know I got way more than I deserved, or really needed. On the growing front, my daughter got me a set of clip on lenses for my cell phone so that I can take nice macros. Haven't gotten to take pics of the ladies yet but snapped a quick shot of a succulent growing in the window. Came out pretty nice. The wife also got me (and the rest of the family) KISS tickets for their final your. Should be a good time although I have to wait till September for that. She also bought me a suitcase, which is hilarious since that's what I bought her too.

IMG_20191225_102136.jpg

She looks good.

Suggestion, take your plant that's having issues. Run a couple gallons 5/5/5 (5 Mega, 5 Cal-Mag, 5 Silica) at her until you get some runoff. Check that runoff with TDS tester. Compare the runoff ppm with ppm of a gallon of 5/5/5. You're looking for the stuff that came out to only be a couple hundred points over what went in. If it's significantly higher, you have build up in your growing media. If so, add another gallon of 5/5/5. Test some of the last runoff from it. Is it within a couple hundred points now? If yes, stop, you flushed out the build up. If no, keep going. A mature plant shouldn't be having an issue with N toxicities at the 5/5/5 level.

Ok bro will do but what if i dnt have a ppm metter just a ph pen tht im pretty sure doesnt do both? Also merry xmas brother an hope u have a great new years.

Ok bro will do but what if i dnt have a ppm metter just a ph pen tht im pretty sure doesnt do both? Also merry xmas brother an hope u have a great new years.

How big is the container?

I think its a 10 gallon cloth pot but ill check n make sure in about 15 min an ill b home but im pretty its a ten.

If it's 10 gallon it's gonna take a lot to get runoff. I'd probably pour 4 gallons of straight tap water at it, and then follow that up with 2 gallons of 5/5/5. So 6 gallons of liquid total. That should give you decent runoff to rinse your medium.

If it's 10 gallon it's gonna take a lot to get runoff. I'd probably pour 4 gallons of straight tap water at it, and then follow that up with 2 gallons of 5/5/5. So 6 gallons of liquid total. That should give you decent runoff to rinse your medium.

Ok awesome thanx man

Back
Top Bottom