Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

A sunny 51 degree winter day. Figured I better not let the opportunity slip by so I made up a batch of Faux-Mix® for the upcoming run. The 55 gallon container might have made it a touch easier, but the 39 did ok. More room than the wheelbarrow. Would have gotten the 55 but they were out of lids for that size. Not sure how that works since thy are supposed to be sold as sets.

Awww...Mary & Teddy poured that slab back in '98. Well done!

Previous occupants. We bought it on a bankruptcy deal. Mary and Teddy's mommy decided to embezzle $30,000 from the doctor she worked for and landed in jail.

Back left went into a bucket with a 63g Humi pack. 171.1g, just a hair over 6oz. Was thinking she'd be more. Back right is 100% cloudy, still would like to see a few amber. I'm off Monday and Tuesday so she'll likely see the axe the. Front right still has quite a few clear. Might drop new seeds Wednesday and then the last plant gets the axe whenever I need to plant the jiffy plugs. She should be close then.

I will actually pay closer attention to your Auto gardening this time. My paid for but yet to arrive order from Herbies has some Gorrilla Auto's freebies. I have zero experience with auto flowering cannabis. Guess I have no bad habbits with them so maybe I should give them a go.

My first faux@ garden is doing great. Donkey Dicks everywhere LOL
Seriously, this will blow away my best yield numbers bye about country mile. That's a lot.
Thank You

I will actually pay closer attention to your Auto gardening this time. My paid for but yet to arrive order from Herbies has some Gorrilla Auto's freebies. I have zero experience with auto flowering cannabis. Guess I have no bad habbits with them so maybe I should give them a go.

My first faux@ garden is doing great. Donkey Dicks everywhere LOL
Seriously, this will blow away my best yield numbers bye about country mile. That's a lot.
Thank You

There really isn't any difference in my book, as far as how I treat them. The biggest thing is nailing the start so they get as big as possible before they start flowering. I've been a little lax on the past couple grows and haven't been Ponytailing the babies. That hasn't been as important since those grows were photos and I could just veg a bit longer. Its been a while since I've seen anyone mention that form of LST and it's an effective way to build undergrowth at a really early age. Gives them a bit of a jumpstart before topping.

There really isn't any difference in my book, as far as how I treat them. The biggest thing is nailing the start so they get as big as possible before they start flowering. I've been a little lax on the past couple grows and haven't been Ponytailing the babies. That hasn't been as important since those grows were photos and I could just veg a bit longer. Its been a while since I've seen anyone mention that form of LST and it's an effective way to build undergrowth at a really early age. Gives them a bit of a jumpstart before topping.
Thanks for that link to the ponytailing post. If I'm understanding it correctly you use the ties on the top for 6hrs then remove it and do that for 3 or 4 days until want to actually top it ? Do you always top auto's ?

Thanks for that link to the ponytailing post. If I'm understanding it correctly you use the ties on the top for 6hrs then remove it and do that for 3 or 4 days until want to actually top it ? Do you always top auto's ?

You understand correctly. I mostly top them anymore but rather than apply a blanket policy, it's a case by case basis. Depends on how it's looking, structure and size wise. If it's smaller, I'll leave it be and just LST, if it's more of a round ball like a head of cabbage, I'll just LST. If it's good size, and normal structure, I'll top.

Hey Farside, I don't know how or if PM's are allowed on this site, but I can't seem to send you one. I have started my first journal doing a comparison of megacrop and promix (which you turned me on to) compared to super soil and FFOF. Both FB Blue Dream'matic. I'd love for you to follow along and offer any suggestions you might have. Everyone else is welcome also!
My Journal

Hey Farside, I don't know how or if PM's are allowed on this site, but I can't seem to send you one. I have started my first journal doing a comparison of megacrop and promix (which you turned me on to) compared to super soil and FFOF. Both FB Blue Dream'matic. I'd love for you to follow along and offer any suggestions you might have. Everyone else is welcome also!
My Journal

You're still a couple posts shy of being able to PM. That should be available to you once you hit a post count of 50. I did swing over to your journal and signed up. I'll be dropping my auto seeds tomorrow so I'll be chasing right behind you.

Harvested the plant formerly known as back right yesterday AM. She was pretty easy, especially with all the foxtails. Today I dropped the seeds for the next run, Strawberry Cheesecake and Purple Lemonade. Hydrated the Jiffy plugs in a solution of 1g Mega Crop, 1ml Cal-Mag, 1ml Faux-Tekt®. While they swelled I knocked out some hash and eggs. I use a pencil tip to make sure the holes are cleared for the seeds, drop them in, then place them in the little plastic greenhouse thing that the first batch of Jiffy's came in 5 years ago. Lightly close up the holes, put the greenhouse top on and in the tent they go. Hopefully 3-5 days from now we'll see birth.

Made some Cherry Limeade Sour Patch Gummies this AM for someone that has Huntington's Disease. In the past, the daughter had bought the Sonic Cherry Limeade jello. This time I just used a box of generic cherry and a box of generic lime. Result was nearly identical, and cheaper. Don't believe we'll be splurging on the name brand anymore.

This may seem a little unconventional, but last batch I made I used Mio in the water and plain gelatin. Worked pretty well, I think. I haven't made another batch since we talked about bumping up the gelatin, but that's on the list for the next one.

As an aside, I didn't even know they made Sonic Cherry Limeade jello. Shows you how much I pay attention to the jello aisle at the store. :laughtwo:

The last of the Mohicans waiting for the chop and signs of new life. The Purple Lemonades both were showing their heads this AM. Tomorrow I'll get some pots filled, the tent cleaned, and things ready for transplant. The last Purple Urkle still could use a few more days. She may get ousted and just put in the dark in favor of the new girls. She sure is taking her sweet ass time.

Back
Top Bottom