231Grower303

420 Member
Recently had a GSC (Girl Scout Cookies) seedling produce a tri-cotyledon. Have seen a lot of mixed reviews as to what this might mean. Heard it can be a good thing, and could produce higher yields, THC, etc. But, have also heard the mutation could be bad and cause hermies. Hoping it's good luck, like a 4 leaf clover! I've seen older posts from like 2014 about this, but nothing recent. What's your guy's input?

Attachments

• 20190303_153346.jpg
    20190303_153346.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 174
Recently had a GSC (Girl Scout Cookies) seedling produce a tri-cotyledon. Have seen a lot of mixed reviews as to what this might mean. Heard it can be a good thing, and could produce higher yields, THC, etc. But, have also heard the mutation could be bad and cause hermies. Hoping it's good luck, like a 4 leaf clover! I've seen older posts from like 2014 about this, but nothing recent. What's your guy's input?
Usually isn’t a great mutation. Grow it out, the plant might grow a second stem but it will be tiny compared to the ‘main’ stem. You’ll eventually (most likely) have to cut it off. Very cool though, it’s very very rare.

I like odd balls, black sheep's, underdogs, misfits, the eccentric, the broken, and the lonely. So I'd keep it. I had a similar one years ago and it made me a three headed beast. Was an awesome plant; however, she did not pass on that trait to her clones. Which has always made me wonder....

Grow it out. It's special.

I like odd balls, black sheep's, underdogs, misfits, the eccentric, the broken, and the lonely. So I'd keep it. I had a similar one years ago and it made me a three headed beast. Was an awesome plant; however, she did not pass on that trait to her clones. Which has always made me wonder....

Definitely growing it out! Definitely puts me at ease hearing back from people like y'all. Appreciate the feedback!

Day 5 on the GSC tri-cotyledon

Container: 1gal Aurora fabric pot
Nutrients: Nectar For The Gods
Medium: HP Pro-Mix
Light: 1200W TC1200 Viparspectra LED
Grow Tent: AgroMax 3.5x3.5

Found that my GSC #1 also has a tricotyledon. The third cotyledon looks pointy and a bit odd:

I had a seedling that was normal looking. I topped the plant. A week later there were to 2 new shoots growing as expected. The second node on one of the new shoots started growing 3 leaves and then 3 new shoots. Three stalks growing on that one side. The other side of the main stem grew as normal.

I thought I might end up with something special. I waited till the plant was a bit bigger and took some clones. When those rooted the new growth was back to 2 nodes, one opposite the other.

Eventually the mother plant reached early stages of sexual maturity and the growth of 3 stopped. All new growth on that side went back to normal. Just a short section of plant with the three stalks, three nodes, etc. Gave up and treated the plant as normal.

Rolled up and smoked just like it was supposed to.;)

Howdy All I was looking for info on my 2 just sprouted Chemdog2. I got a 5 seed pack last December and had 2 seeds left over. I had them sealed tight and keep them in my refrigerator to preserve them.

I had room with a new grow after 2 fresh seeds failed. I soaked these 2 seeds 5 days ago and this is what I got as of this morning. One popped out with just 1 paddle leaf. the second yesterday eve with 3 leaf's.

Never seen it before and in the older post, one said it might Hermie but most said it was good news.

Will have to wait and see .....

IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2012.JPG

Howdy All I was looking for info on my 2 just sprouted Chemdog2. I got a 5 seed pack last December and had 2 seeds left over. I had them sealed tight and keep them in my refrigerator to preserve them.

I had room with a new grow after 2 fresh seeds failed. I soaked these 2 seeds 5 days ago and this is what I got as of this morning. One popped out with just 1 paddle leaf. the second yesterday eve with 3 leaf's.

Never seen it before and in the older post, one said it might Hermie but most said it was good news.

Will have to wait and see .....

IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2012.JPG
Maybe the one with only one cotyledon will be pretty normal because of the way the serated leaves are starting.
I think the one with 3 cotyledons could start with 3x3 branching per node instead of the 2x2 it would normally be.
Good or Bad, I think it could be good for more tops with training, or possibly bad by being to "bushy/dense" and not getting light to all the budsites.

The tricot I had was in an Amnesia Haze auto, and the yield was comparable to the normal plants.I grew it out in a journal with a ton of pictures.
I think it was really good smoke, I call it my mutant dope. Whether or not It was any stronger than normal for sure I don't know.

Thanks for the reply and info, it is a first for me. Also what you mentioned about the single leaf compared to the triple leaf.

The single is acting like a normal seedling at 7 days from germination, I soaked them both at the same time. The 3 leafier took 2 extra days to brake the surface BUT is double the singles size. Even with the 2 days head start exposed to light.

They are snoozing right now and snag a picture of them later on. But the 3 leafier is forming very quickly and is going to be great to see how she progresses. This pic is from Monday AM and the 2 with the arrows are the mutant's.

The other 3 are 14 days old were as the other 2 are day 10 and the bigger one is the 3 leafier. That took to 2 days longer to sprout, so it is looking to catch up to the older 3.

I was pissed about the 2 Sherbet fem's that failed to germinate and had these 2 in the fridge from last year as replacements. Then this happens !!

WHO KNEW !!! going to be a fun ride regardless.

Thanks and Peace :surf:

:Namaste:

3xxx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom