Hairs turning color - When should I flush?

BrokrnEyes

Okay do today my partner came over and saw the hairs are starting to brown. He said the main cola is about sixty percent Browns some or ten percent brown on other sees but all around he says that in all the plant only about five percent of the total hairs on the plant have changed color and he's seeing crystals on the sugar leaves now. My question is when should I start the final flush for my white widow auto flower that is a little over sixty days old. Also I should point out the leaves on parts of the plant are turning brown, from what I've read this is normal as the plant is moving the nitrogen around for the buds. Also the buds still look a little spindly but are fattening up will they fatten up to what you would expect come harvest time.

Sorry for the odd punctuation, got myself a Bluetooth keyboard finally so I can type on my phone like a computer so no more voice dictation bs. Just have to relearn where everything is on a keyboard lol.

hey how are you hope all is well this is a tricky question the old school growers went by the hairs on the plant but the best way is to get a jewellers loop or a good magnifying glass to check the tricomes and then you have to ask your self what type of high do you want head or body. go clear and milky for a head high or milky to amber for a body high can you or your partner send a pic that will help

Yeah we actually have a portable microscope in the mail, should come here sometime this week, but I'm more curious about the " lopsidedness " of the hairs turning color. I kind of envisioned it would start happening all over the plant but it's happening here and there, is that normal? I mean I guess the track homes are the ones they're probably being more evenly distributed, but until the microscope arrives I'd really like to know just in case I have to harvest before it arrives. I mean if you have to judged by the hairs do you just take the average or is this and eat something for it to be changing here's in clumps rather than an even change over?

Dictated because I forgot to charge my keyboard, LOL.

i would not worry to munch about the hairs as some cannabis types have orange hairs and some are more dark brown,yes if the plant grows to long the hairs will turn dark brown and the THC will brake down you need to count the weeks you been flowering most cannabis plants are done around 10 weeks some sativa are down around 12 14 weeks. what type of plant are you growing i can tell you what the flowering cycle is then count your weeks and with the microscope coming you can make 100% guess to harvest. I say if you think its done go one more week lol

Post some pics for us if you can. The plants of yours I saw before had just started early flowering.
Serpent is right about leaving them a bit long. I've never had a strain that finished the way I want it much before ten weeks.

I'll try to get some pics up later but it'd a white widow autoflower from sponsor AMS with a little over sixty days into the grow. Hydro setup.

nice good pick with the seeds white widow you can't go wrong so you should be close to harvest just hold off a little and you'll be fine. do you have a clue where your going to dry how your going to dry and hope you cure the cannabis for a little for clean smooth smoke

Yeah, I have the plant growing in a 4 foot tall grow box of my partners construction ( chloroplast with mylar lining the interior. My plan is after harvest is to run some shoestring at the top part to hang the buds for a few days to let them dry ( using a fan and water diffuser to control the humidity inside the box and maybe even keep the air stone going inside the reservoir with the distilled water to add a little bit more humidity.

After the 3–5 day drying I'll be putting them in widemouth mason jar's For the cure process. I'm hoping to have my first batch ready for 420 day, LOL.

The leaves have been turning yellow or the past week or so but everything I've read says that that's just the nitrogen being pulled out of the leaves and being put into the bugs at this point so I'm not too worried about it, I have been keeping an eye on the pH in the reservoir at least three times a day since I started this project so I'm pretty confident there's nothing wrong there.

nice you got everything ready for harvest good stuff so sound like you can flush then if my plants are done on week 10 ill flush them week 8. if you flush now and with the loop coming in the mail give it a nother week you should be fine

a little over sixty days into the grow.

Into the grow, or into flowering? The pics I've seen of your plants - they were just barely started flowering- unless you have some other ones?

Sorry, I'm using auto flowers which From what I've gathered not many growers care about or really understand Beyond the basics that they automatically begin flowering halfway through their life cycle regardless of light schedule. When I say that it's 60 days into the grow, another way to look at is that's roughly 2/3 of the way through its lifecycle (White widow auto flowers only live for about 90 days)

I'd say it flowered a little early, about 4-5 weeks from seed and has been in flower for 3-4 weeks now. The plant started to produce a noticeable scent about three or four days ago and resin glands are starting to appear on the plants sugar leaves according to my partner.

Ok sure. When did your autos start flowering?
I wouldn't base everything on the color of the pistils, but pics will help when you get a chance. :thumb:

ya pics help but Brokrn said there getting a sweet microscope to check the tricomes to so theres no need to go by the cannabis hairs ? we just talk about that and there drying room reddy. i think Brokrn is playing with us sounds like he knows his stuff lol sounds like your doing a good job keep up the nice work and with 4 weeks flowering you have a little time still so not to worry and good planing

ya pics help but Brokrn said there getting a sweet microscope to check the tricomes to so theres no need to go by the cannabis hairs ? we just talk about that and there drying room reddy. i think Brokrn is playing with us sounds like he knows his stuff lol sounds like your doing a good job keep up the nice work and with 4 weeks flowering you have a little time still so not to worry and good planing

LOL, I wouldn't miss surly say that I am playing with you guys, I certainly did a couple of months worth of research before I began my project so I'm pretty confident that I have a very good idea of what I'm doing, but Reading research is no substitute for experience. I've taken for photos of four different colors and will be posting them up in a couple of minutes, sorry but I have to use the LED grow light as the light source otherwise there's no point, hopefully it will at least give you guys an idea of the size of the bugs, that's something I'm really concerned about if they are growing properly or not. Hopefully the microscope will be here sometime tomorrow or Wednesday, according to the Amazon tracker it's about 12 miles away.

Media added by BrokrnEyes

OK I'm just uploading the URL to my gallery, the top three photos are close-ups of bugs from my white widow auto flower. Sorry but for some reason when I stripped the metadata it re-oriented them so now they are all on their sides ( The top is pointing to the left ). Hope user close up enough for you guys, I'll give you an update once I get the microscope.

By the appearance, and if they've only been flowering for a month, you probably have another month to go at least. I would start reducing the nutes soon - tapering down eventually to very low levels or water only by 3 or 4 weeks from now. If you manage the levels well and decrease feeding properly there isn't usually a need to flush. Myself I just reduce them to 200 or 300 ppm by the end, or sometimes water only, and wait till they look done. I flush if I feel like they have too much nutrient in them close to harvest.

Microscope came in today and after about an hour of fiddling with it my partner was able to finally see the resin glands and confirmed the overwhelming majority of them are indeed clear, though he did note that they were starting to look slightly cloudy, not solid white but maybe just starting to. I've had to do a mini flush, bringing the ppm down to around five hundred as I've been really struggling with the ph the last few days or so but I'm hoping I've got it under control now.

Back
Top Bottom