Harvesting so it keeps growing

glenski

hey I have two plants near maturity ij temperate climate heading towards winter where there is no frost. I was thinking to keep the plants growing for another round. How do I harvest the buds so the plant doesn't die? I have hem tied down if that helps the crowns are a little bigger than the other buds.

hey I have two plants near maturity ij temperate climate heading towards winter where there is no frost. I was thinking to keep the plants growing for another round. How do I harvest the buds so the plant doesn't die? I have hem tied down if that helps the crowns are a little bigger than the other buds.
Welcome to 420 my friend.
Revegging a plant requires you leave enough leaf matter on her to keep growing. So you would have to cut buds off in such a way that there is a bunch of branches left with leaves to keep growing. Difficult but doable. Happy growing friend.

Welcome to 420 my friend.
Revegging a plant requires you leave enough leaf matter on her to keep growing. So you would have to cut buds off in such a way that there is a bunch of branches left with leaves to keep growing. Difficult but doable. Happy growing friend.
I’ve never kept a plant alive post-harvest but I have revegged some plants that I accidentally flowered. (Long story.) Like the above post says, it’s just a matter of retaining the vegetation. So basically, be careful clipping the flowers from the stems. If it’s too difficult to remove the buds without damaging the leaves, it might be easier to just harvest the top colas and leave the lower fluffy buds alone along with their sugar leaves, etc.

Can’t add what hasn’t been said already. It is very possible as I did it last year with a Barney’s Farm Glookies I grew. I started it in a 7G fabric pot and they stayed in that pot for both my harvests. One was done in my tent and the 2nd go was done outside in a S. Ontario grow. My picture time stamp has it going out in early June and a mid October harvest. Got pretty much the same wet weight of 363g
CAF9360B-C287-4B27-96C9-F83D7278A9A5.jpeg
0BB5CD69-FD81-4B4F-A8BF-688E52E1CF2D.jpeg

Interesting thread. A little bad luck with some seedlings has left me in a similar :lot-o-toke:

situation. They either grow or no crop until the end of summer. Hydro system with a healthy root ball. They have been back under the lights for three days now and showing lots of signs of new growth. Keeping my fingers crossed.

So you Rekon this is ready to pick or a big longer?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Beautiful girls my friend. I see white pistols, she needs more time. A week or two.

Thanks bro yeah I had a feeling that was the case. I might have to move them soon that’s all I guess I could finish off under lights at my mates place rekon that would bring extra yield?

Hi glenski, in my experience, As long as the light hours are enough, She will regrow with just two or three healthy leaves and enough points to regrow new branches (usually from leftover flowers/popcorn buds)...However you will need to provide your plant enough light and light hours!! at least a week of 24/7 and after that 18/6 until she's big enough again

And she will show a lot of weird growth,in the beginning!! she will probably show curled leaves and elongated flowers that are a mix between flower and leave, maybe she will even show some Bonsai type growth for a while (which usually happens if you regrow lower popcorn type buds)

What i'm trying to say is....It will take a few weeks, if not two months before she is growing again in to a size your happy with

So you Rekon this is ready to pick or a big longer?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Please!! Do yourself a big favor and buy/order a 60/100x magnifier for a few bucks at Amazon or where ever! (dont buy the higher magnifying ones they're useless!!) so you can check trichomes if your plant is ready...such a shame to see such a beauty go to waste because you harvest too soon or too late

Update :passitleft: Just past three weeks into this regrowth. This plant was never topped in the first run. She grew out four tops on her own and I just let her go. She produced just under 60 grams dry weight. This is how she wants to grow this round and I will once again let her do her own thing. So far, short, wide and bushy, she has the makings of a monster. She will need a good trimming just before the flip. Another week of growth like this and she will almost be ready. I have never tried this before and am excited to see what the weight will be this round.

its raining a lot now is that an issue? pistols still look a bit white
Rain or water isn't a problem. If they don't get time to dry in-between, dampness can cause issues. Mold and mildew.
Is it getting time to dry at all?

It’s drying up now it was raining a whole lot I just gave them more fert for the last haul hope they get fatter! One is looking more amber then the other it’s two different species. What should the pistols look like ideally? I’m happy to pick it a bit later and get more and let it be heavier

It’s drying up now it was raining a whole lot I just gave them more fert for the last haul hope they get fatter! One is looking more amber then the other it’s two different species. What should the pistols look like ideally? I’m happy to pick it a bit later and get more and let it be heavier
When she is finished flowering her pistols will turn redish and crinkle in.
If you can still see white she is still working on her buds. You have a bit yet.

What you Rekon now? I’m seeing a bit of amber in one and the other is still a bit white but could be ready to harvest now?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
See those white pistols, they will all be red when she is ready.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom