Has anyone used this type of flower pot before to grow a soil plant?

popolino77

the guy at my local garden store recommended i get this flower pot to use for my soil grow because it has good drainage. has any one used this type of flower pot before as a soil median ? and if yes do i have to worry about the roots of the plant coming out of the pot ?
0081634.jpg

I've not used that pot, but there are other similar designs being used.
The roots will "air prune" and not go outside (much).
Also, a web search for "root builder" or "air prune" will give you a ton more info.

I've not used that pot, but there are other similar designs being used.
The roots will "air prune" and not go outside (much).
Also, a web search for "root builder" or "air prune" will give you a ton more info.

so will this flower pot work ? it is 7 liters big i filled it with black gold natural and organic soil and i mixed in some black gold perlite i then put a quart of distilled water in the soil and then planted a non germinated seed will it grow ? i planted this one just in case the two plants i have growing now don't make it

Yes - those kind of pots work great. I've never used Black Gold soil but it sounds fine to me.
Will your seed grow? That's the $64,000 question.

Yes - those kind of pots work great. I've never used Black Gold soil but it sounds fine to me.
Will your seed grow? That's the $64,000 question.

i am so confused about watering . i read that you should give your soil a good watering before planting a seed in it. but how do you give the soil a good watering before planting a seed if you don't want to over water the seed / plant, i put 1 quart of water in a little more then 6 liters of organic soil and prelite before planting my seed. is my seed now over watered ?

I'm germinating a seed in paper towel in case the seed i just planted dont pop up, what happens if the seed i am germinating cracks open before the one i planted and i decide to plant the germinated seed instead do i have to pull out the seed i already planted before planting the seed i germinated ? Or can i have both seeds in the same flower pot ?

Back
Top Bottom