Have I messed up? Need advice

TheEternalOne

Hey 420 peeps

Basically i topped my plants.. cut the lil middle node off but continued to take off (due to lack of knowledge) the 2 lil side nodes too
I then saw topping videos where they left the 2 side nodes and just took off the middle part.. Have i fckd up the plant or its growth bcz its been nearly a week and havnt seen any new shoots growing from the triple beheaded murder scene??

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Re: Have i f***d up?? Need advice..

You don't make it perfectly clear but if you cut off the two little side ones at the top of the plant then you'll need to count on the two little ones below where you cut. Now again, back to the clarity of your post, if you cut the only node with two little side ones, and there's nothing left below it, then yes, you F'ed up and it sucks to be you....!

Re: Have i f***d up?? Need advice..

I think he pulled of the second set of leaves after the new growth. I micro top, meaning the newest growth is topped and causes less stress for the plant.

From the vids iv seen topping is where you cut the middle shoot/node out so the 2 lil ones next to it can boost up (if thats right)
What ive done is taken all 3 off so the V is empty.
Yes the plant still has all its fan leaves n the rest on its just the top of the main stem where iv interfered
What im asking is will the 2 shoots i shouldnt have plucked eventually spring up back up grow again or am i best to start over ?

P.s the plant doesnt look like its going to die

Unless you cut it with an axe or a weed-eater chance are it is not the end of the world. You may have caused it a lot of stress which can slow down growth but remember... it is called a weed because it is tough like a weed and more then like will pull through.
Just be patient and give time to heal up before you hack anymore. you will be fine.

Sorry - duplicate post.

If it still has leaves, it should recover but w/o a picture I can't be sure of exactly what you have left.

Unless you cut it with an axe or a weed-eater chance are it is not the end of the world. You may have caused it a lot of stress which can slow down growth but remember... it is called a weed because it is tough like a weed and more then like will pull through.
Just be patient and give time to heal up before you hack anymore. you will be fine.

Ok thanks i know its not going to die as it looks healthy and i wont be hacking anymore off but i want optimum growth so id rather know if iv done long term damage that will affect end results, id rather start again than grow something thats not all there

Il try upload a pic

Ok thanks i know its not going to die as it looks healthy and i wont be hacking anymore off but i want optimum growth so id rather know if iv done long term damage that will affect end results, id rather start again than grow something thats not all there

Il try upload a pic

That's the spirit. And good thing that you practically have to want to kill a plant to really kill it. But sorry to say, yes you have inflected mostly short term, but also long term affects to this plant. I bring your attention back to the youtube videos you referenced. There are dozens of HD quality videos out there with lots of detailed explanation. Sometimes you have to watch more than one of them to get the exact surgery methods required when topping, fimming, cloning, whatever. Just be careful next time and use what you've learned.

just shows 1 little wrong move is gonna set me back another couple of weeks :lot-o-toke:
back to the old cloning board.

im gonna do a search but any recommendation on a good tutorial on here or wherever for cutting n cloning??

quick ?.. does any quality or anything get lost thru cloning? might sound a stupid ?, but i grew these from seeds

btw i tried to upload pics, went thru the tutorial vid on here but no worky

Perhaps hack was not the best choice of words. The real message I was trying to get across was be patient. That and it is pretty hard to kill them.

I have a question for you, and like your question above, it may sound stupid, but I believe it will help me understand your goals and help make us all help you to get to those goals.
Do you grow marijuana, either medical or recreational to be consumed by you or perhaps another? Or are you someone who grows with the sole purpose of having the most perfect plant with the maximum yield and nothing else will do.
Neither choice is wrong or right. Though I fear if you are going to cull every plant that is not perfect and going to give you maximum yield, it may be some time, if ever, till you finish your next grow. One can always look back as the plant is getting closer to finishing and say, if only I did this or that, I would have gotten better results. Difference is , most do not cull their plants and start over. I might understand your logic if the plant was unhealthy or diseased and weak, but from the sounds of it, it is only stressed a little.

The time it takes for you to clone another plant, get its roots going, then transplant it, you could have had the plant you want to cull now back in shape and well on to its way towards flower. Perhaps what you did may loose you a few grams had you not done it, who knows. May, just maybe you would have discover a new way to super-duper crop which increases the yield by a factor of 2. Many great discoveries were by accident. The microwave oven for example. I guess if I could only do one grow and then had to put gardening away and never grow again perhaps I might change my thinking, but I plan on doing many grows. Some will be better then others, some will be terrible yields in comparison to the others.

When I see words like quick and rush or just got to do it right now. I want to grow 6 plants to flower with this 1 84 watt led, and get 2 pounds per plant. Those to me are key words telling me, patience is what this person needs to learn 1st. I am not saying you said all those things but I did see quick?

I am sure if you have read all this either your thinking one of 2 things, either this guys is such a bore and not giving me the information I want to hear. Or maybe he is telling me not what I want to hear but what I need to hear. Again neither choice is right or wrong, just a choice.

The truth of the matter here is everyone on this site, including me, wants you to succeed.

I have a question for you, and like your question above, it may sound stupid, but I believe it will help me understand your goals and help make us all help you to get to those goals.
Do you grow marijuana, either medical or recreational to be consumed by you or perhaps another? Or are you someone who grows with the sole purpose of having the most perfect plant with the maximum yield and nothing else will do.
Neither choice is wrong or right. Though I fear if you are going to cull every plant that is not perfect and going to give you maximum yield, it may be some time, if ever, till you finish your next grow. One can always look back as the plant is getting closer to finishing and say, if only I did this or that, I would have gotten better results. Difference is , most do not cull their plants and start over. I might understand your logic if the plant was unhealthy or diseased and weak, but from the sounds of it, it is only stressed a little.

The time it takes for you to clone another plant, get its roots going, then transplant it, you could have had the plant you want to cull now back in shape and well on to its way towards flower. Perhaps what you did may loose you a few grams had you not done it, who knows. May, just maybe you would have discover a new way to super-duper crop which increases the yield by a factor of 2. Many great discoveries were by accident. The microwave oven for example. I guess if I could only do one grow and then had to put gardening away and never grow again perhaps I might change my thinking, but I plan on doing many grows. Some will be better then others, some will be terrible yields in comparison to the others.

When I see words like quick and rush or just got to do it right now. I want to grow 6 plants to flower with this 1 84 watt led, and get 2 pounds per plant. Those to me are key words telling me, patience is what this person needs to learn 1st. I am not saying you said all those things but I did see quick?

I am sure if you have read all this either your thinking one of 2 things, either this guys is such a bore and not giving me the information I want to hear. Or maybe he is telling me not what I want to hear but what I need to hear. Again neither choice is right or wrong, just a choice.

The truth of the matter here is everyone on this site, including me, wants you to succeed.

:hmmmm::clap::high-five::adore::passitleft: This needs to be stickied some where!

From what I understand from your post it sounds like you took off the middle growth and the two side growth parts directly next to it. If that is the case then you will have to wait for something underneath to shoot up and replace the top ones you killed I think

just shows 1 little wrong move is gonna set me back another couple of weeks :lot-o-toke:
back to the old cloning board.

im gonna do a search but any recommendation on a good tutorial on here or wherever for cutting n cloning??

quick ?.. does any quality or anything get lost thru cloning? might sound a stupid ?, but i grew these from seeds

btw i tried to upload pics, went thru the tutorial vid on here but no worky

Just go to youtube.com and put anything "cannabis" in the search bar, you'll find loads of videos. As for clones, remember, they are exact genetic copies of the plant they were cut from. But lots of things will come into play as for quality. Each plant will be subject to the treatment it got, or didn't get during it's grow.

here is a picture of a plant that I got from a friend as a clone of one of his strains. It had spider mites and when I realized it I freaked out. I striped it to a bare stem and only left the smallest of new growth on the top. All fan leafs were stripped because they had signs of mite damage. That was a about 3 weeks ago I think, though I could go back to my journal to get an exact number of days. I did transplant her into a bigger pot but as you will see in the picture she recovered quiet nicely and I now refer to her as my bouncing Betty.
IMG_073240.jpg
IMG_073337.jpg
IMG_073432.jpg

Weed is a tough plant

Back
Top Bottom