Head spinning looking at Chinese website

well seeing as everything we buy already says made in china on it, i don't see the difference. take it up with your politicians and leave people alone for their shopping choices. It's reminding me of the climate change nazis telling me "I" need to change and "I" need to go without and have less. tell it to the companies and the governments, not to me.
I have the feeling that you missed my point. I was not talking about where the product is made, China or in a factory down the street. The thing is that when the customer pays with a credit card the customer can walk out of the store with the item and a receipt. They can take it home but the store owner does not have their money yet. They have to wait till the bank issuing the credit card that was used to transfer the money to their bank account and I have heard that it can take up to 30 days. Even if it is 15 days it means that the store owner no longer has the item and does not have the payment but still owes the wholesale company that shipped it to him. On top of that the store has to pay a percentage of the transaction amount to the bank for the privilage of accepting a credit card--using them is not free.

I have noticed the grow stores I go are now mentioning that they will match the Amazon price, whether using a credit card or not.

I have the feeling that you missed my point. I was not talking about where the product is made, China or in a factory down the street. The thing is that when the customer pays with a credit card the customer can walk out of the store with the item and a receipt. They can take it home but the store owner does not have their money yet. They have to wait till the bank issuing the credit card that was used to transfer the money to their bank account and I have heard that it can take up to 30 days. Even if it is 15 days it means that the store owner no longer has the item and does not have the payment but still owes the wholesale company that shipped it to him. On top of that the store has to pay a percentage of the transaction amount to the bank for the privilage of accepting a credit card--using them is not free.

I have noticed the grow stores I go are now mentioning that they will match the Amazon price, whether using a credit card or not.
generally its only a couple days, but sometimes it can take multiple months.
American express and discover arent accepted a lot of places because of it.

but yes, you pay the credit card company a fee, the terminal company a fee, the processing company a fee &c &c &c
Same with debit I think

no, that's not actually true. business can batch out their pos ( point of sale ) terminals daily. you have to wait until the next morning is all. it's not a big deal. i accept credit card payments every day, and they go into my bank account every morning.

well seeing as everything we buy already says made in china on it, i don't see the difference. take it up with your politicians and leave people alone for their shopping choices. It's reminding me of the climate change nazis telling me "I" need to change and "I" need to go without and have less. tell it to the companies and the governments, not to me.

If I shoot 34 people tomorrow, it's not my fault, put the government on death row for making it legal to purchase that box of ammo?

If I shotgun two bottles of gin, then run over your family whilst they are crossing the street to enter Church on Sunday morning, blame the store that sold me the alcohol - or the priest for holding early services - instead of me?

If you, I, and the other 300-million of us veg-heads in this country choose to "save money" by buying cheap Chinese shit from WalMart and Amazon, put the majority of locally-owned stores out of business... and then get to see the prices at WalMart and Amazon skyrocket due to the dearth of competition, it's not our fault, it's the government's?

Just how old are you, seven?!?

no, that's not actually true. business can batch out their pos ( point of sale ) terminals daily. you have to wait until the next morning is all. it's not a big deal. i accept credit card payments every day, and they go into my bank account every morning.
It has been awhile since I heard about the long delay. Years ago. Plus the people who told me were very small businesses who felt forced to take cards.

It has been awhile since I heard about the long delay. Years ago. Plus the people who told me were very small businesses who felt forced to take cards.
no its a thing... and the swift network is the same for everyone.
amounts factor in however
also authorizations etc

generally it takes 3 days for funds to transit because everything is international now
thats what bitcoin was all about... well ostensibly anyway

Remember those #%@*ing manual machines, stick the card in, set the date, stick the form (with carbons) that you filled out by hand in the machine, grab the handle, use approximately two tons of force to slide it (watch the card shift, rinse/lather/repeat), then hand it to the customer to sign? And, once in a great while, wonder who the idiot was who forgot to hand the card back to the customer when you pick up the machine and there's already someone's credit card in it?

Hated those things.

If I shoot 34 people tomorrow, it's not my fault, put the government on death row for making it legal to purchase that box of ammo?

If I shotgun two bottles of gin, then run over your family whilst they are crossing the street to enter Church on Sunday morning, blame the store that sold me the alcohol - or the priest for holding early services - instead of me?

If you, I, and the other 300-million of us veg-heads in this country choose to "save money" by buying cheap Chinese shit from WalMart and Amazon, put the majority of locally-owned stores out of business... and then get to see the prices at WalMart and Amazon skyrocket due to the dearth of competition, it's not our fault, it's the government's?

Just how old are you, seven?!?
ok, right now i live in a country where half the people want robots to do all the work so they can sit on their hippy asses doing nothing all day and get $40k per year as "universal income". NOBODY will be working soon enough.

in way, it's been a blast, but this kind of stuff is getting old and boring. peace out

ok, right now i live in a country where half the people want robots to do all the work so they can sit on their hippy asses doing nothing all day and get $40k per year as "universal income". NOBODY will be working soon enough.

Last application I filled out, where it asked how many hours per week I could work, I wrote that I'd prefer less than 60. It was at [EDIT:] a certain fast-food joint :rolleyes: - the kid probably didn't know what to think when he read that.

<SHRUGS> A man gets desperate when he gets hungry, lol.

Just so all of you "bleeding hearts" know, i ordered my lights from USA, USA, USA!!!

you're welcome

generally it takes 3 days for funds to transit because everything is international now
thats what bitcoin was all about... well ostensibly anyway
And now Amazon wants to create its own crypto-currancy, or at least that is the theory from some economists. Once the mega businesses and banks control the money they control the economy and then they control the population. It does not sound good to me.

Don't count me in with those "hippy asses". I have been working manual labor since I was 14 and that was almost 55 years ago. Even worked while giving college a try for 3 years which I paid for myself.

And if the birth rate continues to fall the population should decline so the robots will be doing more work. It will all work out as long as we don't create a Matrix or Skynet that we cannot control.;)

Ya I’m not sure what type of robots your referring too, but that robot is just a machine. Lol the parts these “robots” are producing will need to be inspected via blue print by an operator to make sure it’s in spec... then it has to be loaded with all the proper fittings, spacers, speed grips, collets, chucks... then those parts have to indexed in to a minimum of 500hundreth thousandth of an inch.... and that’s WIDE OPEN, harder parts have much tighter tolerance... but then the robot has to be programmed by a machinist... in my case “G code” and all this has to be double checked by another machinist. Then when these parts come out they have to deburred, creamed, heat treated, stamped.. I’ve ran much much more precise parts... including parts that went onto the mars discovery rover... those parts were created with a robot, but those robots cannot do their jobs without intelligent people overseeing them. And for the sake of the conversation, I have ran hobs, mills, lathes, plastic mold injection, and fiber optic laser cnc’s .. these are computer numerically controlled machines. Trust me there is ZERO concern for robots taking our jobs lol if anything I welcome them with open arms, all they do is make my job easier. They will never let a robot program it’s own jobs, and inspect its own parts, there will always be a machinist operating these robots... and to clarify I’m speaking about robotic machines that absolutely require an operator... sure there might be a self packing machine or something silly but noones loosing work over that. But no robot will ever mass produce vital equipment that could jeopardize a humans well being, or is a high value commodity, or any part that requires hair pin precision. The fact that you said robots do all the work tells me you’ve never worked one of these positions because its far from easy. Not saying it’s hard but your statement is so far from reality I thought I’d let you in on the life of a floor grunt. I run 3 machines, come home covered in oil and have cuts all over me from all the metal shavings constantly flying at your arms and face. I wasn’t trying to be rude with this post, just trying to enlighten you that these machinist are far from “lazy hippies”.. there hasn’t been one moment in my entire 20 years of doing this have I had the opportunity to “sit down” haha there’s no chairs in these factories boys :(

And now Amazon wants to create its own crypto-currancy, or at least that is the theory from some economists. Once the mega businesses and banks control the money they control the economy and then they control the population. It does not sound good to me.

Don't count me in with those "hippy asses". I have been working manual labor since I was 14 and that was almost 55 years ago. Even worked while giving college a try for 3 years which I paid for myself.

And if the birth rate continues to fall the population should decline so the robots will be doing more work. It will all work out as long as we don't create a Matrix or Skynet that we cannot control.;)

Sorry "Once?" they control the money? we're already there buddy. how can we really take any of this seriously when the clamp has been clamped for decades now. the hippies lost a long, long time ago lol

Back
Top Bottom