Hello 420 Crew

Rm2016

420 Member
Hi all I am new to the forum and wanted to say hello to you all.
Great to see such an informative place about the worlds greatest plant :)
I myself am a first time Led grower using the Lush Lumenator 2x and this seems
to be the place to get some help.Has anyone got some tips or tricks on how to get
the best out of this system? I have seen a few posts linking the final results alright
but nothing else.In particular I am wondering about the light distance at early stages
and things like that.Any help or direction to help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rm

Cheers ShiggityFlip :) I have seen that alright.I am following the guidelines from the manual and it is saying to leave the light 36'' above if you follow the charts.Seems to be an awful long way up for me.I have the system in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 metre tent.Perfect coverage for a space that size I was told.I have some autos in at the moment on around 26 '' up with the light but growth seems slow.I had actually started some normal photoperiod a few weeks back but had soil problems so pulled them out but my god after 7 days them things were flying up whereas the auto is slower.I am reading mixed thoughts on whether autos start slower etc .

I find that the recommendations of LED light manufacturers are set that way so they can claim a higher growth footprint. I have some 3wx150 LED lights (265 actual power draw) and I have them about 6-8" from my flowering tops. But when I was in veg I had them about 12-15" for footprint. The plants love the close distance I have them at now.

With flowering plants and LEDs, let them get closer and closer. When you start to bleach a bud tip, then back off a few inches and that's a perfect distance. Or at least it has been for me this grow. Look also at OttowaGreens threads, he has the same lights as mine and keeps them 6" from tops on a light mover.

Your lights are similar because they have the focusing lenses also.

I see my man Shiggityflip has beaten me again to getting the info out.

By the way, welcome to the 420 community Rm2016, glad you joined

As for seedlings and LEDs I am not that experienced, I mostly use fluorescents for Vegging and LEDs to flower. I do know though that when still a seedling, you do not want to cook your girl by giving her to much light and heat. And if anyone ever tells you LEDs do not produce heat, they have never grown with them. They still produce heat just not as intense as HIDs

That is it exactly man there is so much babble associated with different marketing plots its all quiet confusing that is why I said I would ask actual people who use the product.I moved my lights there now ill give a look in on them later and see how they are doing.I will also check out Ottowagreens threads too.Cheers for the tips man :)

Cheers OlderGrower. You bet they produce heat.I did one Hps 600 grow last year to get started and to be honest I ain't seeing a massive drop in temp with the Lush.I switched over for the savings end of things but its looking like ill still be running the same amount of air so I wont be saving on cooling that is for sure :) Cheers for the welcome it is good to chat with people who know their shit :)

Cheers Guys,I let the light down to 18 inch but that stressed the little ones overnight and the temps went over 30.Any idea how I could contact John C here seeing as I cannot pm.His pics and journals are super and he seems to get the best results.

Back
Top Bottom