Hello everyone - New here

millergd77

Hello everyone,

I just started growing again, you could say. 30 years ago T12 bulbs in a closet, seems to be a lot more toys out there now, can't wait to start playing with them...lol For now just starting with a closet split into 2 areas, soil, and a mix of T8s and CFLs...I'm feeding them using foxfarm.

I have looked around and 420 seems to be the best form that I have seen, so you are all stuck with me here...lol

Happy growing everyone

Hi Millergd77,
Yeah lots of new toys, though you can get by for starters with what you have though I would have gone t-5 ho's instead of the t-8s but those will work also. If you are using FF soil just hold off the 1st 4 weeks on feeding them nutrients and then start them out at 1/4 strength for a couple of weeks then a couple of weeks at 1/2 before you go full strength on the nutrients. Make sure you have ventilation also, since you will want to have air movement. Make sure that the lamps in your T-8s are the blue spectrum for veg. Later on you will need to change them out to the red spectrum when you turn them for flower. Try and keep your RH% at around 50% and temp between 76 to 85 degrees and you will be rocking in no time.

Welcome and be sure to post pictures by starting a journal as you get started so we can help you with any issues you may have along the way.

Cheers and welcome to :420:

Oh I forgot to mention, with the CFLs you can put those really close to your plants and actually the closer the better. Like 2 inches away works dandy. As for the t-8s.. can't swear as far as height, but my t-5s serve me just dandy at 6 to 9 inches if I want tighter nodes and if I am looking for a little stretch I pull them back to 12 to 14 inches away..

Hi Millergd77,
Yeah lots of new toys, though you can get by for starters with what you have though I would have gone t-5 ho's instead of the t-8s but those will work also. If you are using FF soil just hold off the 1st 4 weeks on feeding them nutrients and then start them out at 1/4 strength for a couple of weeks then a couple of weeks at 1/2 before you go full strength on the nutrients. Make sure you have ventilation also, since you will want to have air movement. Make sure that the lamps in your T-8s are the blue spectrum for veg. Later on you will need to change them out to the red spectrum when you turn them for flower. Try and keep your RH% at around 50% and temp between 76 to 85 degrees and you will be rocking in no time.

Welcome and be sure to post pictures by starting a journal as you get started so we can help you with any issues you may have along the way.

Cheers and welcome to :420:

Thanks for the info oldergrower....I used the T8s because I had them, the bulbs are 6500k and 8000k, for veg...going to change to 2700k for flowering....the FF is just the nutrients, the soil I mixed my self, 30% perlite, 10% vermiculite....I have a filtered exhaust and a fan blowing on them, the temp stays around 78 to 80....

Everything is a work in progress though... had a fight with so gants at 1st, but won that one at least...

Thanks again, will have pics soon I hope...

Welcome to the forums! As you can see there are a lot of people like older grower that are more than willing to help. Read up and post any questions you may have. Follow some grows and get an idea for what will fit you best.

I will confess I was stoked that I was able to toss out some info before Major speedy typer Pita and Rifleman. Not only are they more knowledgable then me, but they obviously type with more then 2 fingers. I have literally started a post when no one had replied yet and by the time I hit post with quick reply there are 4 other peoples posts answering the question. Being old is not for the weak!

I will confess I was stoked that I was able to toss out some info before Major speedy typer Pita and Rifleman. Not only are they more knowledgable then me, but they obviously type with more then 2 fingers. I have literally started a post when no one had replied yet and by the time I hit post with quick reply there are 4 other peoples posts answering the question. Being old is not for the weak!

Two fingers and cheater glasses working on a tablet. I just have no other hobby or a job. :laughtwo:

:rofl:

Who is slow now?

:welcome: miller!

Back
Top Bottom