Hello Everyone

They can be trained any time but it makes it hard on older growth because the branches are rigid.

I Don’t know that you need training. But if I had to pick one I would top it. You’re not going to bend that main stem very far.

good luck :green_heart:

Just tie the top growing too down so get a bend and the top is lower than a few other nodes. Look in my journal land race Durban and you will see how I did it. You could always take a very big cutting from the top instead of topping and throwing away. Top and root it then you have another plant to flower in a few weeks. :)
Thank you very much for your answer ❤❤❤❤ but î couldnt find your journal :(
Can you send me a link pleaseeee?
( My plant is 1 meter and has a thick hard main stem . )

They can be trained any time but it makes it hard on older growth because the branches are rigid.

I Don’t know that you need training. But if I had to pick one I would top it. You’re not going to bend that main stem very far.

good luck :green_heart:
Thank you very much for your answer ❤❤❤
I dont think î can bend but is topping ok ?
And both are too bushy . I read many articles and it says too many bush reduces the yield . I am confused

I’ve never heard that but I’m sure there are circumstances where it could be true.

your plants look great and you will be rewarded no matter what route you take.

I personally would just leave them as they are but everyone has different opinions based off past grows. It’s all a learning experience.

I didnt realize that they switched to flowering stage . Hey dont blake me , î am a newbee . They both look fine untill today. I noticed that the top of my sativa ( which has a Christmass tree shape ) isnt looking good :(
Do anyone has an idea what is this and how can î fix ?
Thanks for everything ❤

Attachments

• 20200130_175129.jpg
    20200130_175129.jpg
    780.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200130_175113.jpg
    20200130_175113.jpg
    805.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200129_072420.jpg
    20200129_072420.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200129_072359.jpg
    20200129_072359.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
It was very small and crusty . I had to remove it. I set up my dehumidifier just 10 minutes ago.
I am very grateful for your answers cause i have no one to ask, in my unrecognised country who plants cannabis.
I will keep you informed ❤.

Looks like a mould t me aka rot. If it is you have to be careful it will spread fast. When I had my out door grow I removed the affected area very carefully. Covered it with a paper towel as I navigate the removal. I have also heard of people putting rubbing alcohol with a q-tip to the affected area to kill it. I haven't tried that.

I have had botrytis and it doesn't appear to be that. It would stop drinking and taking nuits as well look alot worse. I also have fimmed which makes new growth come in almost curly looking. If its everywhere and not just at the top, Id say genetics or mites. But I would remove that rot otherwise I'm afraid you may loose your girl to it regardless of the leaves.

Also, I'd suggest cleaning her up a bit. Remove some of the lower leaves and some in the middle to allow some air flow. No air flow helps rot thrive. Don't do it around any other plants you have going on because the mould spores can transfer, not to mention any tools you use and wash you hands right after. Even grab some cane to help tie her up to open her up.

Plus you don't want all her energy to go into all those leaves, when it could focus more on bud production

Hey Welcome to the fam :green_heart:

I am carrying them out every sunny day , and taking them in just before sunset . İts exhausting but î really love them like my daughter . How can i tie them while î am changing their place 2 times a day ?
Looks like a mould t me aka rot. If it is you have to be careful it will spread fast. When I had my out door grow I removed the affected area very carefully. Covered it with a paper towel as I navigate the removal. I have also heard of people putting rubbing alcohol with a q-tip to the affected area to kill it. I haven't tried that.

I have had botrytis and it doesn't appear to be that. It would stop drinking and taking nuits as well look alot worse. I also have fimmed which makes new growth come in almost curly looking. If its everywhere and not just at the top, Id say genetics or mites. But I would remove that rot otherwise I'm afraid you may loose your girl to it regardless of the leaves.

Also, I'd suggest cleaning her up a bit. Remove some of the lower leaves and some in the middle to allow some air flow. No air flow helps rot thrive. Don't do it around any other plants you have going on because the mould spores can transfer, not to mention any tools you use and wash you hands right after. Even grab some cane to help tie her up to open her up.

Plus you don't want all her energy to go into all those leaves, when it could focus more on bud production

Hey Welcome to the fam :green_heart:

I am carrying them out every sunny day , and taking them in just before sunset . İts exhausting but î really love them like my daughter . How can i tie them while î am changing their place 2 times a day ?
I really want to clean them a bit , but every book says different things about pruning, trimming or cutting so î am confused .
I mistakenly tear apart my indica's main stem almost 2 months ago and found a medicine which was very useful for me ❤. I applied the medicine which protects cutted edges from diseas and tied both parts of stem with a special tape . İt saved my girl ❤
-----
The sick crusty part which î removed yesterday, was smaller than my pinkie toe nail. ( Belive me î have really small hands ) . I removed it and used the same medicine ( with a toothpick ) that î used to save my indica's main stem. I hope it will work .
Can you advice me a pruning, trimming etc. video to watch and learn how to clean my plants please ? Cause every video says different things and î dont want to lose my ladies .

Attachments

• 20200131_204447.jpg
    20200131_204447.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20200131_204306.jpg
    20200131_204306.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200131_204216.jpg
    20200131_204216.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200131_203908.jpg
    20200131_203908.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 20
Any lower branches that don’t make it to the canopy I remove. Fan leaves on the bottom third of the plant can be removed. Look at the plant from above and you’ll see inward facing fan leaves blocking light from reaching lower buds.

I am really going to lose my mind cause everyone says different things.
Some of them says :
* Never trim, prune etc. the plant after veg.
* Never clean the fan leaves
* Dont remove many things at once.
* Pruning, triming etc. wont help much for Outdor plants.
------------
Some of them says:
* You should do most cleaning in veg and WAIT for the 3 rd week at flowering to clean again . ( Never touch your plant until 3rd week of flowering ( Schwazzing tech.) )
----------
I say :
* They died many times, and î stopped cleaning them since (aproximately ) 1 month . So they are very bushy now .
* İ didnt noticed the pistils until 22 January cause i am an idiot, and now i dont know which week i am in ( 10 days passed but pistils are still very few )
* Still dont have a good light setup cause my package is stucked somewhere in Turkey . And because of this î have to carry them outside everyday ( 1- İf î am lucky to have a sunny day 2- especially sativa is really heavy now 3- My curious neighbours are getting suspecious )
* İ am really exhausted from the process and thinking to leave them somewhere in forest )

THE QUESTION IS : Should i prune, trim them
even though I don't know which week they are in ? and should î start to use PK based nutrients ?

Ps. ( i watered them with some extra Phosphorus when î noticed pistils and didnt give any nutrient since 8 days )

Sorry for the long message AGAIN

Attachments

• 20200202_192223.jpg
    20200202_192223.jpg
    890.1 KB · Views: 18
I am really going to lose my mind cause everyone says different things.
Some of them says :
* Never trim, prune etc. the plant after veg.
* Never clean the fan leaves
* Dont remove many things at once.
* Pruning, triming etc. wont help much for Outdor plants.
------------
Some of them says:
* You should do most cleaning in veg and WAIT for the 3 rd week at flowering to clean again . ( Never touch your plant until 3rd week of flowering ( Schwazzing tech.) )
----------
I say :
* They died many times, and î stopped cleaning them since (aproximately ) 1 month . So they are very bushy now .
* İ didnt noticed the pistils until 22 January cause i am an idiot, and now i dont know which week i am in ( 10 days passed but pistils are still very few )
* Still dont have a good light setup cause my package is stucked somewhere in Turkey . And because of this î have to carry them outside everyday ( 1- İf î am lucky to have a sunny day 2- especially sativa is really heavy now 3- My curious neighbours are getting suspecious )
* İ am really exhausted from the process and thinking to leave them somewhere in forest )

THE QUESTION IS : Should i prune, trim them
even though I don't know which week they are in ? and should î start to use PK based nutrients ?

Ps. ( i watered them with some extra Phosphorus when î noticed pistils and didnt give any nutrient since 8 days )

Sorry for the long message AGAIN
Don't leave them in the forest, they look like very nice plants and if you can give them enough light they should produce very well.
I find that you can prune in flower but just take 2-3 leaves a day so you don't stress the plant too much.
Also now you are in flower you should feed regularly as they will need more nutrients than they did before.

Back
Top Bottom