Hello forum

Welcome aboard @jaybirdz

Have you done any growing in the past?

Is there some medium your would like to learn about?

Be safe and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Hi Tok, thanks for your reply. I've grown mainly outdoor vegetable gardens, experimented with various irrigation methods, soil composting etc.. Looking at indoor growing now, currently researching LED lights, seed vendors and such.

I did put together a cool little seed germination apparatus with CFL lights that is showing promise. Maybe I'll post a pic and description in the DIY subform for feedback.

Will probably view your links under your sig too.

jb

@jaybirdz If you want to learn indoor growing you have come to the right place. I am currently doing DWC Hydro, but you may want to check out some of @StoneOtter work.

Will you be growing cannabis or hemp?

Or, researching technic's?

Tok..
Going to work my way towards cannabis, before germinating seeds I'd like a sound, proven environment first. I thought about the idea of having a "control plant" within my grow room. A non-cannabis plant that has similar cannabis requirements (water PH, soil PH, light requirements, nutrients etc..). If my "control plant" thrives in this environment I think my chances for a good first crop of cannabis will be greater. Also it may assist in troubleshooting problems I encounter with my cannabis plants.

I've been drawn to hydroponics but more to aquaponics for many years but haven't attempted yet. Even have a few books on the subject. A closed loop aquaponics system, fish providing organic nutrients for cannabis, cannabis filtering the water for the fish would be a righteous goal. Imagine the value of a feeder goldfish?

Did you grow in soil before your DWC Hydro setup?

Just joined today, I’m a new ebb and flow grower, looking for good place to ask questions about my baby’s and meet other growers..

I use Subcool’s second recipe. You should find it listed in whole in my 2020 outdoor green crack adventures.
ill take a peek to make sure it’s there for you. It works well for me outdoors in bags and in the ground and indoors as well.

:welcome: CoCo grower here if your in need of any help.Sure Bill is lurking somewhere hes another coco grower.
Hi skunksa, thanks for your offer of help with CoCo, I'll keep you and Bill in mind if I choose that direction. As a new grower I plan to ease into soil and using my own organic formula, then try DWC or RDWC later on. I have two unopened bags of Hydroton clay pellets I want to use.

Back
Top Bottom