Hello

JohnHerer

420 Member
Hi I'm John

I just started my first plants a few months ago. one CBD and two Super Silver Haze. I have always liked the look of cannabis plants so decided to grow a few for fun. I used a bit of Schultz plant food and the leaves instantly went yellow at the bottom so i stopped, seems to have bounced back. I have since read the miracle grow and schultz are not good for cannabis, but i have seen on youtube some growers use it with ok resuts, so not sure why they yellowed. I thought maybe i was over watering but not sure. seems to be growing well now. ANyways thought i would say hello. cheers

IMG_0238.jpg

:welcome: to the forum John. Careful....this is an addictive habit. Lol! We start because they look so cute growing and before you know it you're ordering a new light and tent and a filter and pots and more seeds.......:rofl:

When I have a plant go yellow like that it's typically a problem with pH. Are you adjusting the pH of your water before drenching? That looks like a serious problem with Calcium/Magnesium uptake.

We call them "weed" because they seem to grow heartily anywhere, and in the wild their roots benefit from the fungal network beneath the surface that feed the plants on demand. In containers we become the caretakers. If your water pH is such that your plants can't accept the nutrients you offer they can't survive and thrive, they'll yellow and wilt.

Do you have more seeds to play with after this test run? Like I mentioned, addictive. :battingeyelashes:

Hi Sweetsue
yes this is addicting. i don't really smoke much except for a few puffs of indica to help sleep before bed. but i love the look of these plants.
i don't check PH i guess i should get one of those testers. i have been using bottled or filtered water and it was fine until i add some plant food.

its true about addictive, i am shopping online for a grow tent and lights. I am just going to order some new seeds to carry on and try other strains. Also, after hours of youtube vids i am going to try a few cuts and see if i can get a clone to take.

cheers and thanks

Cloning can be a lot easier than it looks John. I've gotten roots simply setting them in a cup of water away from the big light. I do mine inside produce bags which create a CO2-rich environment conducive to rooting when you inflate them with your breath. It's a technique I learned from another member, Lembatoast.

There are so many ways to skin a canna cat. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom