Hi Everyone: I’m new to growing in coco

420Yooper73

Hi everyone, glad to be here. I’m new to growing in coco coir...my buddy gave me some clones he was growing in soil for about a month and a half...I transplanted them into my double buffered coco..I used CalMag from General Hydroponics and some 20-20-20 Schultz plant food to fertigate them because my local hydro shop was closed so I couldn’t get any Boom to use. My E.C. was 1250 and ph was 6.3. Some of the plants look fine, good color and no droop but some of the others dropped a little and the color seems a little limey ‍♂️..not sure what is going on. Are my E.C. and ph numbers ok? Could it be just plant stress from transplanting?..oh, and they are outside plants too. Any thoughts? Thanks guys

Welcome Yooper. You'll like the results of coco when you get it going. Absorb all the info you can on the board. And ask away. There's always great members willing to jump in and help you figure things out.

Ok cool, better to run to little nutrients rather than too much.
That was kinda my thoughts too...I’m going to try to get my E.C. down to about 1000 and my ppm to about 500 and the ph down around 6.0 or 6.1...I’m going to the hydro shop tomorrow to get the correct nutrients from General Hydroponics. I’ll keep posting updates and pics of any changes ...thanks again

That was kinda my thoughts too...I’m going to try to get my E.C. down to about 1000 and my ppm to about 500 and the ph down around 6.0 or 6.1...I’m going to the hydro shop tomorrow to get the correct nutrients from General Hydroponics. I’ll keep posting updates and pics of any changes ...thanks again
It has been raining like a son of a bitch here lately and it’s been pretty overcast..maybe the babies are just pissed

Welcome Yooper. You'll like the results of coco when you get it going. Absorb all the info you can on the board. And ask away. There's always great members willing to jump in and help you figure things out.
Awesome...thank you so much :)...I’ve read a lot of great things about growing in coco...I hope I can get everything dialed in before I damage the plants too much.

I grow in Coco....do it....you know you want to.....

9L buckets of 70/30 coco-perlite mix.

You will love it once you learn the basics.
:thumb::rofl:...Thanks. I’m more of a coffee drinker :headbanger:
I always try to lighten the mood :meditate:And yeah :ciao: I'm a coffee drinker too...but I like everything organic :morenutes::morenutes:

Here are some pics of my plants...I’m guessing that I way overwatered them
81619BAF-A067-4B06-90ED-DCED29696714.jpeg
E86FB6B6-E21C-47D8-9B4A-6509B994D201.jpeg
82D4FDB2-3BA6-4F09-B0D4-DBC1B90D06F5.jpeg

WOW...those are some awesome looking plants!!!
Thanks Yoop :thanks: yeah I've been at this for a while now :morenutes: and I wasn't knockin' coco :popcorn: everyone starts somewhere...hell I started in Miracle Grow :rofl::rofl:...ahh ya :hmmmm: that was 11 years ago :snowboating: :goodluck:

Right on. Miracle Grow..that pretty funny :rofl:..I ended up drilling more drain holes in my buckets and drained the coco a little...I actually have the coco inside 5 gallon paint strainers then inside the buckets for just such a problem :thumb:...now the coco is just moist to the touch..i’ll Just watch them closely for a few days and adjust my watering schedule accordingly..hopefully they perk back up...they look pretty pouty right now ;)

Back
Top Bottom