Help! Beginner in growing!

For 40days old they should be alot bigger and about ready to go into 12 12.....first thing i see is looks like you are iver watering them WAY to much....soil should be dry up to a knuckle deep....the roots need to breathe just like humans less ocygen harder it is to stay alive...depending on which soil your using most seeds contain enough nutes to live on first couple of weeks as they are focusing on root spread more than "feed me"....if your using a regular soil with no organics infused like ffof then its ok to add nutes 1/4 to 1/2 strength thats recommended by whatever your using.....if your using ffof which i perfer then they can go up to a month with adding nutes as the soil has plenty of organics nutes. Also make sure besides your soil being to wet PH your water every water to 6.5 which is the optimal intake for all nutes for the plant....look into smartpots....they make it difficult to over water but still use the general rule of letting soil dry up a little. ...also when watering with nutes water with nutes every other watering as you dont want any build ups whatsoever....for right now PH your water and water alot less and i promise they will explode vigorously. ...there are several other factors that come into play but for right now looks like your drowning your plants

Sent from my LGMS330 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is correct. Cal mag are trace nutrients and can't hurt to cover your bases there. If you don't have that already then Epsom salts has your magnesium covered you can improvise for calcium eg milk or eggshell. With this whole watering thing this advice from hotcool is sound for potted soil. Your soil doesn't appear to drain very well and can sit there and become anaerobic as hotcool was saying. I keep my Soil much wetter than he suggested but I use lots of drainage materials in my soil mixes such as coconut husks and ceramic balls so we are different. It's just hard for me to tell how much you have been watering. Looks like you have already resolved any issue it might have had btw. In my opinion maybe only a touch over watered if at all. Besides this (N issues taken care of) plant is looking healthy!

That pot is soaked again. The plant is probably drowning. The first thing I think of when I see small spots on leaves is mites. Take a close look at the back of the leaves with at least 20x magnification.

Let that poor girl dry out for a week or two.

This is correct. Cal mag are trace nutrients and can't hurt to cover your bases there. If you don't have that already then Epsom salts has your magnesium covered you can improvise for calcium eg milk or eggshell. With this whole watering thing this advice from hotcool is sound for potted soil. Your soil doesn't appear to drain very well and can sit there and become anaerobic as hotcool was saying. I keep my Soil much wetter than he suggested but I use lots of drainage materials in my soil mixes such as coconut husks and ceramic balls so we are different. It's just hard for me to tell how much you have been watering. Looks like you have already resolved any issue it might have had btw. In my opinion maybe only a touch over watered if at all. Besides this (N issues taken care of) plant is looking healthy!
Thanks for your sound input on the issue and the recognition :) hope all is well for the OP

Sent from my LGMS330 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom