Help required! 3 plants - All came out differently

If you don't have any fans circulating air, your environment could be to blame.

Yeah. Stale air breeds mold, mildew and fungus, plus encourages bugs to lay their eggs on your babies!

Maybe they're root bound? Looks like what it could be. Or overwatering.

Rootbound is a real possibility. MJ grows amazingly fast and tend to fill their pots way before you see a lot of top growth. I am beginning to up-pot to larger and larger containers, because MY ladies look like crap by the time they are halfway through flower, always thirsty, runoff too fast, dropping leaves. I'm thinking that anything less than a 5 gallon pot is stunting their growth. But then, I tend to veg a long time, simply because I don't have to room to flower more than 2 at a time.

Yeah. Stale air breeds mold, mildew and fungus, plus encourages bugs to lay their eggs on your babies!

I mean transpiration :thumb: If a plant is not "sweating" she is not drinking/feeding properly.

Low temperatures and no circulation :hmmmm:
Oil radiator and oscillating fan - Grow room temps should be at 27 degrees celsius :thumb:

Ok so about the pH, without tempering it's about ~7.2 after adding nutes, and I use a liquid solution to bring it between 5.5-6.0. I check the pH daily because it always seems to rise (in the water tank).

About temperature, there is a fan bringing air in and another one taking air out so a circulation exist. The two things I feel like I can't control is the temperature and the humidity inside the tent. It's winter here and the temps usually stay below 22d C, humidity 50%.

About the option that they are root bounded, I find it hard to believe as the pots are formidable and the plants are not. Iv'e had much bigger plants grow in the same pot size.

In the end I do believe it's a combination of the low temp and the pH. Maybe it was wrong to use auto-pot? does anyone has any experience with the system? because the way it works, it keeps standing water in the bottom of the pot and I can't control the pH of those water.

I'm not familiar with auto-pot. But from the looks of it in your pics it seems that there is a small res in the bottom of each container and there is no run-off. Personally I would try hand watering to run-off every day with 5.8 - 6.0 pH nute solution. Container size is not that important in coco - feeding regularly is. And please don't check the pH or EC of the run-off - it will drive you nuts - not necessary as long as what you put in is pH'd properly.

Back
Top Bottom