Help selecting components or just buy a complete tent kit

Puffinaway

420 Member
Hello everyone!
Ive been searching/reading/searching/reading.... Im exhausted. I was hoping some of you experts can help with my decision to get started. I have grown before, but its been a long time. How long? Well, I dont remember LED lighting being available.

Im currently in a condo, not a lot of 'extra' space and would like to use LED's to keep the cost to operate and heat down. I would like to grow maybe 3-4 plants at a time ? What size light do I look for ?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!

For 3-4 plants I'd go for at least a 3x3, preferably a 4x4 tent. 35-50 w/sqft, you'd want at least 300w LED for the 3x3 and 550w for the 4x4. I'd look for something you can control the VPD, like the Vivosun smart grow system. You'd be happy with a Vivosun 4x4 smart grow tent with a VSFD6500 650w LED.

For 3-4 plants I'd go for at least a 3x3, preferably a 4x4 tent. 35-50 w/sqft, you'd want at least 300w LED for the 3x3 and 550w for the 4x4. I'd look for something you can control the VPD, like the Vivosun smart grow system. You'd be happy with a Vivosun 4x4 smart grow tent with a VSFD6500 650w LED.

Thanks for the info! I clicked on the 'Smart Grow Box prototype' link on your post. Interesting grow box.

Thanks for the info! I clicked on the 'Smart Grow Box prototype' link on your post. Interesting grow box.
That's too small for what you want. You can get a smart grow tent, like my 5x5.

Agree... I just found that it was an interesting setup for a 1 planter
It was, and I had a lot of fun with it. I'll be starting a new mother in there soon 😉

Hello everyone!
Ive been searching/reading/searching/reading.... Im exhausted. I was hoping some of you experts can help with my decision to get started. I have grown before, but its been a long time. How long? Well, I dont remember LED lighting being available.

Im currently in a condo, not a lot of 'extra' space and would like to use LED's to keep the cost to operate and heat down. I would like to grow maybe 3-4 plants at a time ? What size light do I look for ?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!
I've been able to grow 4 photos in 5gal pots in a 3x3x72" tent. But i don't recommend doing so many if it's your first time. It's a must to learn how to LST and quadline/manifold with short tents with photos. Autos are no brainer no worries about light leaks and timer never needs to change. My 250watt light stays pretty consistent at 80f Viparspectra P2500 fits perfect in it.

Make sure to check out our sponsors for great deals and coupons! There is always something great floating around! There are full kits you can purchase, but keeping the end prize in eye sight always helps. A lot of people get small or cheap stuff in the beginning, and find themselves upgrading. I wouldn't go smaller than a 4x4 tent. While you can grow good bud with a small 200 watt light in a 4x4, it is insufficient. Plan on going for 400-800watts, many of these lights will say fits 4x4 tent. That's important, sucks ordering your amazing light, then it doesn't fit your tent. Been there.
Be careful with what some manufacturers say about how powerful the lights are, do your research. 1000watt light will not be on sale for 69.99$ on zon.

Be sure to get a timer for your light schedule .

You will forget to turn your light off if you don't.

Go for a larger exhaust fan 6-8in, charcoal filter if smell is a concern.

That's bones to get you started.

Here is a amazing complete set, with Wi-Fi controller. Easy peezy. From one of our great sponsors, and you can get another 10% off
Screenshot_20240411_180235_Chrome.jpg

Here is another sponsor, full kit

Screenshot_20240411_180426_Chrome.jpg

Ok....you can get by with a 2x2 with a couple plants. I'm gonna disagree with what everybody here is saying. If you have the space and funds, yes, get the larger setup, but you don't need that big of a setup. Right now I'm running like 2.5 x 5, and I have 9 plants. It's all about canopy space. I've seen dudes pull more outta a 2x2 than a 4x4. I would go with a kit though. Easy and everything is there.

Back
Top Bottom