HELP! First Time Grower Trying it in Soil Until I Can Buy a Hydro Kit

Wing King 903

Ive been a long time smoker but now a first time grower

just tryin it at a very very low budget until i buy my hydro kit
(any suggestions on a kit would be vey helpful)

a heat lamp scorched the plant :(
but i brought it back to life

so here are the pics im unsure of the age
the seed is a bagseed from an 1/8 of diesel

Re: HELP!!!! First time grower......just trying it in soil until i can buy a hydro ki

Spend some time reading on this site and get a solid understanding before you start your new adventure. Your plant does not look like it is worth saving to be honest. If it's your only source by all means give it a shot. Your light is way to far from the plant. A flouresent light should be about 2-3 inches from the top. You also need nutes. That baby is starving. The bad part is that it is likely overstressed and could turn hermie if it lives. My advice, study up and start fresh.

Re: HELP!!!! First time grower......just trying it in soil until i can buy a hydro ki

The plant will live with proper care. CFLs hung closer and careful watering ( your plant is in soil, right? ) will bring it back. But as brother Screwnuts33 said it may not be worth it. It is overstressed for sure! And it might be a male. Growing with out the right equipment is bummer. :peace:

thanks ya this is just a test for the closet really gonna get a hydro kit and alot more info before i attempt it again just thought i would try this out im gonna move the plant closer now

got the plant a little closer......
a novice grower stopped by said it looks like a weak female

advice on this site is fantastic
great community and facts

can anyone give me a direct link to a thread with detailed pics and descriptions of the stages of a grow without reading through the millions of pages of grow journals? :thanks: :bongrip:

Hey I'm in a Jam and need some experts advice and this is my first grow. I'm shocked the plants in the Pictures all looked as wimpy and poor as the one you burnt. but I spent hours apone hours reading on the net trying to find better solutions and I learned so many dos and don't in the 6 weeks I been doing this, So just remember this is are first time growing and I dont' expect anything back, hey It looks good but it could taste like shit and give youa killer HEADACHE!!lol I'm learing and I always say what time and energy you put into something is what you should expect coming out with. I'm still shocked at these plants and what they need to keep sexy.
KEEP IT AND GOOD LUCK!!!
SO for my Question to you advanced growers, as you can see in my pictures i don't think my space is big enought for the 8 white widows i have under my 1000w hps or is it normal for the lower branch buds to be 1/4 the size of the top ones in the 2nd week of flowering.

KEEP IT AND GOOD LUCK!!!

SO for my Question to you advanced growers, as you can see in my pictures i don't think my space is big enought for the 8 white widows i have under my 1000w hps or is it normal for the lower branch buds to be 1/4 the size of the top ones in the 2nd week of flowering.

I always remove the bottom 1/3 of the plants. Or you could add side lighting, which works quite well. :peace:

ive noticed in the past couple days that my closet is getting VERY cold......

what kind of heater should i look into for the tiny grow room so that it doesnt get scorched again or catch my house on fire

Edit: someone told me to look into putting lava rocks under the soil in the pot
is this worth it or is it a bogus suggestion?

Re: HELP! First time grower.just trying it in soil until i can buy a hydro kit

bar-none dude you should spend at least $400 IMO to get the basics for your grow. the more research you do now the better your buds will be later. an ounce of knowledge could equal a pound of product!

thanks joe very helpful

i dont have the link on this computer but im gettin a 6 plant kit from one of the sponsers with just about everything for 200

Did you order your kit yet? You could build your own for half the price. The only thing that you'll need to buy are the lights. If you look around here in the growing section you'll find all you need to build your own hydro set up and what lights to buy. If you did order it good most of us did too. Don't get ahead of yourself take your time read up on something first its a lot cheaper that way.. Be easy with the nute at first don't try to grow a forest first time go with 3 or 4 plants to start . Good luck and keep checking in here for tips and advice...:peace:

oops

hey whats up? howzit? I'm here and watching. O.k so you can build a dwc system for about 50 bucks easly.
Heres all you need-
1.-Solid not transparent Rubbermaid tub-$6-10
2.-Air Pump for aquarium- $12
3.-Air pump tubing-$5
4.-3 inch net pots -2$
5.-Hydroton clay balls- 10$
6.-Rockwool Cubes- 5$
7.-Lighting- 42 watt CFL's are 1$ at walmart On sale.

heres some info for you:

(click the link)How to Build a Deep Water Culture Hydroponic System DIY Guides

no i havent ordered it yet and it not my money thats goin towards the kit or i would build it. one way i see it is that if i order a kit there is less room for error.

the kit i plan on ordering
Dual Spectrum Deep Water Culture Complete Kit
anything else i should look into getting for the kit its self?

this website has taught me so much already. thanks for al of your advice and once i get my kit ill be posting planty of pics and asking a million and one questions.

i want to grow two different kinds 3/3
one will be something blue cause ive never smoked it and the other will prolly be OG kush cause ive never had that either and it is OG

suggestions for a low risk seedbank would be a great help

thanks again

edit: screwnuts yes it has drain holes

I always remove the bottom 1/3 of the plants. Or you could add side lighting, which works quite well. :peace:

Thanks COCOJOE, but My problems SOLVED!! My Landlord told me yesterday that there coming in Friday to install intake vents for the furnace. which I have on every floor. I know my cousin told the cops what I'm doing and this is there only way to really see if Im growing or not. I had christmas lights in every window in my house turning on at the same time the HPS and Mh came on so they aren't able to tell what i'm doing. All they think is that I got shitty old christmas lights that draw more than average power.(there all LED)
so t the end of week 3 in flowering I have to chop them tonight. I hope it will smoke ok? the yeilds will suck but what else can i do. Anyone in my City want to babysit for me ??? lol CANADA 2hr from toronto and 2 hrs from Windsor.

WingKing 903 to really help you out I need more info.

Looks like a little section of a closet, I am guessing you are looking to do a very small closet grow?

# of Plants? That little unit you were looking at is for 6 right? Were you planning on ordering one?

What lights were you thinking of using?

...suggestions for a low risk seedbank would be a great help?

Attitude Seed Bank. Great customer service and A seed Catalog to drool all over. and yes safe, discrete and trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom