Help

Camden

Hey guys, I am a first time grower and have been making plenty of mistakes. Any advice is appreciated I don't know whats going on with these girls but its been rough apart from the first few days of sprouting.

Seeds planted jan. 17th 600W hlg, Holland basics coco coir, pro mix perlite (70/30 respectively), Dutch nutrients in a 3x3x7 tent.

I started by soaking the coco in cal mag and seed & root nutrients, then rinsed it out and planted my seeds in solo cups. The seeds are feminized from royal queen seeds (gorilla glue and bruce banner)

They sprouted looking great and I was giving them ro water with no nutrients for about few days. I started giving them veg nutes before the second set of leaves were even visible and I think this was my first disaster.

Since then they have been struggling and I have tried just about everything to keep them alive since I want to try to get as many mistakes out in this first run before diving in again. I have also struggled with keeping the runoff pH down. Everytime I water to runoff with 5.8 pHd water it is coming out above 7.3!!??

I've attached some pictures, please be kind I realize this is a pretty horrific sight for anyone who loves these plants as it is for me

20210207_232655.jpg

20210130_233528.jpg

20210130_233552.jpg

20210203_165735.jpg

All water that I add to it is ph'd to 5.8-6.1
My tap water is about 350ppm so I only added a little nutes to a total of 550ppm
The light is approximately 45 inches from the tops of the plants at approximately half strength using pot.

82degrees steady, drops a few degrees in the night to about 79. Humidity is low but j have added a humidifier and it stays steady around 45%rh.

At half strength i'd lower it to 30" might even be able to go 24". I'd try pH 5.5 for a little bit. I grow in coco and for some reason mine are happy if I drop it that low. The pH rises as they consume the nutes.

Okay thank you! I'll try feeding them tomorrow with a 5.5 ph and ill drop the light. I think maybe 3 of them are too far gone but possibly I can save the best looking one in the first photo?

You have nutes mixed up already? adjust the pH and give it to them now. Run enough to get a good amount of runoff. Then after take the cup and motion it downwards to get excess moisture out, over a container or something

I do have nutes mixed but I am running an 18/6 light cycle and the lights just went off an hour and 15mins ago. Should I wait till 6am (I wake up for work anyway) and do it then or will exposing them to light now not add more stress

Back
Top Bottom