Help

@NuttyProfessor FIRSTLY don't be sorry every bit of advice is knowledge, and as someone whose new to this I'm happy to soak it all in.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense, I didn't know that about kelp.

As soon as I get home ill be rinsing out my coco with proper pH and heavy cal mag dose. Then ill repot one plant from each strain, feed, and see how she goes.

As for the other 2 I will continue my current feeding as adjusted with @Shaggn 's tips and see which recovers faster.

I dropped the light to about 30inches, and will try spraying epsom salts on one repotted plant and one not repotted to see how they both react.

Hey @Emilya yes that is correct, I didnt want to add too many nutes because I thought if the EC was much higher than 1.0 at this small I am going to cause nute burn. Am I wrong? How much should I increase my nutes if so?
The symptoms your plants are showing me say that you are dealing with extreme hunger... who is advising you NOT to follow the manufacturer's recommendations of feed levels at this stage? Do yourself a favor and try feeding at the proper rate one time, and see what happens.

this is my kelp Potassium Hydroxide
P1120550.JPG

@Emilya thanks for the suggestion... well just about every bit of info I can find on the internet is advising me against having a high EC with such small plants, I will try full dose of nutes with RO water on one and see how it goes. I did not want to have to buy RO water if it wasn't necessary so thats the only reason I tried to get by without it but will pick some up today and see if it makes a difference.

@NuttyProfessor wont make a difference extreme hunger is a high ph , i just tested my stuff and the ph went from 6.6 to 7.9 high (k) levels , so the coco is locking out no matter what you put in as it was buffer in (k) there was no exchange

Sorry but I didn't quite understand what you are saying here

@NuttyProfessor wont make a difference extreme hunger is a high ph , i just tested my stuff and the ph went from 6.6 to 7.9 high (k) levels , so the coco is locking out no matter what you put in as it was buffer in (k) there was no exchange

Sorry but I didn't quite understand what you are saying here
you are meant to soak the coco in calmag alone go to 2.05 on the video i posted :)

Most rainwater is around 0 ppm and you say your tap water is 350. Not sure what nutes your using but just remember Less is More. Will send you my Less is More paper.

@Camden, I think @NuttyProfessor recommendation of soaking a new batch of coco in pH'd solution of water and calmag is were to begin.

Don't worry about switching to RO and giving more food. These are just seedlings and don't require a lot just yet. Fix the medium to all of them if none have perked up. Then work on water/nutrient mixing and so on. Peace!!

@Camden, I'm not sure lol. I usually don't feed my seedlings anything but water for the first 2 weeks or so. If you were using RO i'm sure you'd have to add nutes sooner but I use bubbled tap water. I've never had any issues with my seedlings. That's why I think @NuttyProfessor is correct with the coco being to out of wack. Needs new medium done without the nutes.

Did you get a chance to look at them yet?

@Shaggn Ya they don't show any signs of recovery that i can see, if anything slightly more yellowing and droopiness, however there is still some new growth just very little and oddly colored (some purplish/reddish tones in the larger one and very bright neon green from the smaller few).

Ya at first I didnt want to add nutes as they all looked healthy with just water from seed but mixed info on the internet had me second guessing everything I thought I knew when I started.

I'll try to play it by eye and see how they are reacting to being repotted. I'll upload some new pics once its all done.

One more suggestion. If you do not have a good setup to check real your Ph; buy a good meter or drops ASAP. The sensors they sell do NOT work at all. If you are using one of these then you are probably over correcting. I was and I found I was watering with a Ph of <5 every time. Once I bought a good measure for Ph I was able to correct it quickly.

Back
Top Bottom