Heraldo's Auto Northern Light

Heraldo

:welcome:After about a year of not posting on here I'm back with another journal. Maybe I even finish it this time...

I've got 2 Auto Northern Light under a 150w LED (only veg switch on, so more like 75w for now) in a small tent (40x40x140cm) with an extraction fan connected to a carbon filter.

The girls are in soil in about solo cup sized pots. They're 5 days as of now.
It's my first time starting seeds under LED and I almost wish I had stuck to CFL for veg. I just raised the lights a bit because temps have been around 82-84F and I think the girls were getting stressed out. I'm hoping that'll fix the heat issue and they show better growth by tomorrow.

Game plan:
Give them a few more days before I pick who stays in the tent and who gets the boot. Tent girl goes into a 12L pot, the other will either go to a balcony with very little light or to a friend. Will be doing LST and using mainly organic nutes on tent girl.
Suggestions are welcome.

I'll post some pics either when I get bored or when I see some progress.

Feels good to be back (loving the facelift the forum got).

-Heraldo

Quick update:
Girls are 7 days old today. Snapped a couple of pics in the tent.

I'm having trouble keeping temps under 80, thus the slow growth (that's my theory at least...).
It's looking like the girl on the right will be the chosen one. Got to start thinking of a name.

P.S. Where can I see the threads I'm suscribed to? I'm lost with this new design.o_O

-Heraldo

Turning out to be another weird journal, but there's still hope.
The northern light girls are 22 days old today. 1 of them lost a couple of leaves after being cooked under the LED. They look a lot better now that they've had their first taste of nutes though (they were all pale and sick looking).
The RLs were weird. 1 took 3 days to sprout and the root was growing upwards. I dug the other one up and it hadn't popped, so I took the cup out of the tent and just left it on a shelf. Yesterday I see the seed laying on the surface of the cup with a 1" long root. It's back in the tent :)

Once again, I've got more seeds than I can handle. For now I think I'm going to leave NLs in those small pots (they should start to flower soon) and pray I get a female RL so I can transplant her to a bigger pot and flower her properly.
My plans usually don't go well, so don't be surprised if I do exactly the opposite in the next post.

Felt like a long time since I updated, so here goes:

Northern Lights girls are in the black pots and are 27 days old, believe it or not. and yes, their soil looks terrible (should start looking a little better soon.

Red Libanons are in the white cups. The one in the first pic is 6 days old and the one in the second pic is 11 days old... I think:hmmmm:

That's all I've got for now.

Another week has gone by and there aren't many changes. I lowered the light in an attempt to get a reaction out of these slowpokes.

Northern Lights are on day 37 and have begun flowering, but I won't be turning on the bloom lights until the others show sex.

Red Libanon #1 is on day 22.

Red Libanon #2 is on day 16.

Family photo:

At this point I'm pretty sure I overwatered the other girls, so I put another couple of seeds under CFL (1 Auto Red Libanon and 1 Auto Super Blueberry Haze) and will be leaving them there at least until they show sex. Hopefully I don't make the same mistakes as before. I'm really hoping for a male, so I can collect some pollen and make myself some seeds.

And on a side note, check out what I found while walking the dog. Someone lost a baggie with 1g of some not great looking buds. At least it smells OK... If I don't come back, it's probably because I tried it and poisoned myself.
Wish me luck...

Got a new job recently, so I haven't been paying the girls (or the journal) as much attention as I'd like.

Red Libanon #3(left) and Super Blueberry Haze(right) are 6 days old

I'm feeling too lazy to count days, but the girls in the other tent are a lot older than they look. One of the NLs looks like it might need some cal-mag. The RLs don't seem to be as stunted as their roommates. Fairly better looking color too... I have a feeling the one on the left is gonna be a male.

Things are starting to look a bit better. The girls in the LED tent got fed today.

The Northern Lights are about 50 days old. They're tiny but flowering and looking a lot healthier than they did in the last update.

The older Red Libanons are about 30 days old. One is a female for sure, the other is a bit of a mutant and hasn't shown sex yet.

The youngest Red Libanon and the Super Blueberry Haze are 12 days old. Not much to say about them.

Haven't been able to update with pics because of phone trouble and just being busy, but here's whats going on with the grow.

The Northern Lights are about 60 days old and flowering. Doubt I'll get 1/4oz between the 2.

The older Red Libanons are about 40 days old. They're both starting to flower. 1 is male and has been moved to the small tent. Gonna have to figure out when to put a bag over his head so I can collect some pollen.

The young Red Libanon and the Super Blueberry Haze are 24 days old. No sign of sex yet.

I'll update with some pics as soon as I can.

Was able to take a few quick pics today. Here's what I've got going on.

Northern Lights are almost 70 days old and I'm guessing I'll get a whopping 1g off each. I attempted pollinating the bottom nug of the girl in the 2nd pic with some Red Libanon pollen a couple of days ago. Time will tell if it worked.

The older Red Libanon is about 50 days old and looking a bit more promising than her roommates. I attempted to pollinate her also. The male is dead. Accidentally got decapitated while trying to collect pollen. I wish I had been able to collect more, but I should have enough to get a few seeds out of it.

Group photo

In the CFL tent Super Blueberry Haze has shown her femininity, Red Libanon seems a bit more shy. They're 30 days old if I counted correctly. I'll be transplanting SBH into the male's old pot ASAP. Once she goes into flower mode she's joining the LED club.

Although this is turning out to be a not great grow, I'm considering attempting to grow another 4 plants simultaneously instead of the usual 1. I made too many mistakes this time around to blame these results on the growing style.

Quick little update:

Northern Lights are 80 days old and will be getting chopped soon. The pollinated flowers won't be chopped until the seeds mature.

Red Libanon is around 60 days old. I think I might've stunted her a bit from overfeeding.

Super Blueberry Haze should be 40 days old. Got moved to the LED tent. The Red Libanon she was in the other tent with is taking forever to flower and it looks like it's gonna be a boy. About to get dumped.

Still not sure what to do for the next grow. Possible make up another game to entertain myself with.

Quite a few updates but no pics today:

Northern Lights got harvested. Total dry weight: 2g :rolleyes: The few seeds I made from crossing with Red Libanon are still maturing.

Red Libanon might outyield them but not by much. She's about 70 days old.

Super Blueberry Haze is 50 days old and extraordinarily tiny. Decided to just shower her in Red Libanon pollen and see what kind of offspring they produce.

Next grow will probably be 1 plant in 12L pot. I'm thinking either Larry OG x Lemon Haze or Amnesia Gold. Hopefully it'll make up for all the electricity, time, etc I wasted this time around.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom