Heraldo's Breeding Journal

Heraldo

I'm starting this journal so I can document my breeding projects and stay on the right track. Anyone that wants to come along for the ride is welcome. Honestly I'm not working with the best genetics and don't have any ambition (or time, money, space, knowledge, etc :laughtwo:) to make a business out of this, so I'm fine screwing around and learning the how-tos.

Here's what's going on in the tent right now:

4 Auto Lemon Haze in the back. They're just past 3 weeks and probably won't be pollenated. Making autos from photo pollen feels a bit too advanced for me right now.

5 females from a a cross between Twilight (Dutch Passion) and an F1 from a strain I'm calling Teabagger. I'm trying to maintain the Twilight smell and make denser buds.
I got lucky with one. Twilight smell but better looking buds

2 have the same structure as Twilight (the one in the photo below has the same smell too), but I don't care much for it.

These 2 girls look great and have interesting smells, but I won't be doing anything with them for now.

Pots in front have 4 Teabagger F3s, a Super Skunk (regular), a Tropicanna Poison and a Banana Kush. They're in small pots because they're going on 12/12 from seed. Once they're flowering they're going into another tent. This is mainly just a test run, but I might try to make some seeds I can later backcross with Tropicanna poison and Banana kush respectively.
I'm really curious to see how the Teabaggers come out. Haven't been overthinking their selection too much. Just whatever is fastest and most potent. I might have to pop some of the F1s and F2s again, since some of the discarded plants I've given away, due to lack of space, have turned out to be hidden gems.

Hey Heraldo, nice to see you again. I thought you had a previous thread of your own but I must be mistaken and instead had seen you on other's threads. I'm currently spraying selected minor branches on 3 different plants with Colloidal Silver in an attempt to reverse them, but if I can even successfully reverse just one then I will be rapt. Good luck with your breeding! :hookah:

It's been a while since I started any threads, but I've seen you around and checked out your balcony journal for sure. I'll be watching out for your results with colloidal silver. I'll probably give it a try myself once I feel confident enough. For now I'll just keep lurking.

Well, I've really outdone myself this time... just found a bunch of nanners on one of my plants and a couple more on the one I had picked for breeding...
Considering conditions have been far from ideal during this grow and it's the first time I've had this happen, I'm thinking it's a environmental issue and not genetics. I'm probably being delusional, I know.
I'm tempted to scrap the whole project and start over with trusted genetics, but that would be a waste of a good learning opportunity.

I'm starting this journal so I can document my breeding projects and stay on the right track. Anyone that wants to come along for the ride is welcome. Honestly I'm not working with the best genetics and don't have any ambition (or time, money, space, knowledge, etc :laughtwo:) to make a business out of this, so I'm fine screwing around and learning the how-tos.

4 Auto Lemon Haze in the back. They're just past 3 weeks and probably won't be pollenated. Making autos from photo pollen feels a bit too advanced for me right now.

5 females from a a cross between Twilight (Dutch Passion) and an F1 from a strain I'm calling Teabagger. I'm trying to maintain the Twilight smell and make denser buds.

2 have the same structure as Twilight (the one in the photo below has the same smell too), but I don't care much for it.

These 2 girls look great and have interesting smells, but I won't be doing anything with them for now.

Pots in front have 4 Teabagger F3s, a Super Skunk (regular), a Tropicanna Poison and a Banana Kush. They're in small pots because they're going on 12/12 from seed. Once they're flowering they're going into another tent. This is mainly just a test run, but I might try to make some seeds I can later backcross with Tropicanna poison and Banana kush respectively.
I'm really curious to see how the Teabaggers come out. Haven't been overthinking their selection too much. Just whatever is fastest and most potent. I might have to pop some of the F1s and F2s again, since some of the discarded plants I've given away, due to lack of space, have turned out to be hidden gems.
Beautiful girls my friend. :thumb: They look very hungry what medium are you in and what are you feeding those beauties.

Well that does throw a bit of a spanner into the works. At as you are tent growing you can start again if you wish. I grow outside so I feel I only get one chance and then I have to wait for another year to start the next grow. It'll be interesting what you choose to do from here.

Beautiful girls my friend. :thumb: They look very hungry what medium are you in and what are you feeding those beauties.
Thanks Bill.
They're in soil and get fed well, probably overfed to be honest. All bottled stuff.
I'm leaning more towards it being lockout or something like that. They've had a rough winter and I haven't been giving them as much attention as I should.

Well that does throw a bit of a spanner into the works. At as you are tent growing you can start again if you wish. I grow outside so I feel I only get one chance and then I have to wait for another year to start the next grow. It'll be interesting what you choose to do from here.
I feel I'm too close to harvest to toss them, but this final stretch is going to be a bumpy ride for sure.
You're lucky you can grow outside. Most of the outdoor stuff I've seen around here isn't great. Not the right climate for it. Some day I'll move somewhere warmer:dude-knocking:

Thanks Bill.
They're in soil and get fed well, probably overfed to be honest. All bottled stuff.
I'm leaning more towards it being lockout or something like that. They've had a rough winter and I haven't been giving them as much attention as I should.

I feel I'm too close to harvest to toss them, but this final stretch is going to be a bumpy ride for sure.
You're lucky you can grow outside. Most of the outdoor stuff I've seen around here isn't great. Not the right climate for it. Some day I'll move somewhere warmer:dude-knocking:
All is good my friend :peace: You are close don't give up now. I think your right about the lock out. Do you want to do something about it, or are you just trying to get them done and over with.

For me it wasn't so long ago I was buying weed where I was lucky to get a bag of anything. So I feel if you get a few nanners you can always snip them off when you spot them and just grow them out as you are. I am sure the harvest will still be nice. When I have selectively pollinated a plant, I found on the stems that had seeds that yes there was less bud but as far as I could ascertain it was still of the same potency as the unseeded colas.
That is where it probably makes sense to look for strains that come from a similar environment, or are bred for it. So far I haven't done this and I have chosen seeds purely on their names and reputations. Currently I have a Strawberry Cough growing that is supposed to be 80% Sativa, altho she is low and not very Sativa looking in the leaves, but compared to the 2 Indica dominant photo plants I have growing they started showing pistils almost 3 weeks ago, the Strawberry Cough still hasn't shown one, so I am wondering given how late starting her flowering is going to be that maybe her finishing time will encounter some problems as my location changes to Autumn weather. That will be a waste and shame if it turns out that her late/long flowering means that her yield quantity/quality are impacted. If it is, then I will have to start looking a bit more carefully at how good a match a strain's genetics are for my growing location.
But having said that I wish I had a tent as in about 2 months or so my grow will be over and then it is a long wait for Spring again! :ganjamon:

I'm just going to cut back on the nutes, go on nanner patrol and get them out of the tent as soon as I can.
We all do,rhe best we can given the circumstances. Next grow get strains that are 8 week finishes. It won't finish in 8 weeks but it will be faster than the sativa crosses.

nice plants! beauties!

nice plants! beauties!
yeah i just grow for my own weed preferences..for the love of the genetics and messing around with the genomes..lol i prefer smoking organic grown ..and none of the dispensaries carry organic..soo 4 plants a cycle keeps me happy..im a casual toker..lol
im coming to spain to try some of tour weed bra..when pandemic is over..also i find auto flower difficult..the landrace strains seem to wipe non photo genetics out every second level..its really hard to keep that damn ruderalis in the pool..and if you use regular seeds versus feminized..it reverts back in one cycle..i prefer phot..i find them stronger and less likely to herm..by fourth level..they so stabilized it takes me 20 plus days of colloidal silver soakings to make them pop nut sacs.

nice plants! beauties!
For me it wasn't so long ago I was buying weed where I was lucky to get a bag of anything. So I feel if you get a few nanners you can always snip them off when you spot them and just grow them out as you are. I am sure the harvest will still be nice. When I have selectively pollinated a plant, I found on the stems that had seeds that yes there was less bud but as far as I could ascertain it was still of the same potency as the unseeded colas.

That is where it probably makes sense to look for strains that come from a similar environment, or are bred for it. So far I haven't done this and I have chosen seeds purely on their names and reputations. Currently I have a Strawberry Cough growing that is supposed to be 80% Sativa, altho she is low and not very Sativa looking in the leaves, but compared to the 2 Indica dominant photo plants I have growing they started showing pistils almost 3 weeks ago, the Strawberry Cough still hasn't shown one, so I am wondering given how late starting her flowering is going to be that maybe her finishing time will encounter some problems as my location changes to Autumn weather. That will be a waste and shame if it turns out that her late/long flowering means that her yield quantity/quality are impacted. If it is, then I will have to start looking a bit more carefully at how good a match a strain's genetics are for my growing location.
But having said that I wish I had a tent as in about 2 months or so my grow will be over and then it is a long wait for Spring again! :ganjamon:
people get too freaked out when a plant pops a few nanners..its no biggie..all plants want to select the strongest easiest path..so if you have a seed with hermie tendencies..a few crossbreedings with its own clones and make some solid base by CS or rhodalization and get some new plant genes poof no more hermie tendencies..nanners are just a normal reaction to environmental stresses..you get some free seed when it happens..i might not take a clone from it..but i would grow the seeds out and see what i get next time!

All the seeds from the test run have broken soil and they're tiiiiny.

The teabaggerxtwilights are looking a bit more mature.

The seeds in the pollinated buds are now visible, but far from ready.

Been kinda busy and haven't been able to update as much as I'd like.

Test runners are just over 2 weeks. Tropicanna Poison is outgrowing all of the others. Not sure if it's a hybrid vigor thing or just good genetics.

Lemon hazes are just now starting to show sex... I probably stunted them at some point.

She's coming down in the next few days.

Finally starting to fatten up a bit

The chosen one

Pink pistils like her grandma (you can't really tell from the pic, but they're there)

Been kinda busy and haven't been able to update as much as I'd like.

Test runners are just over 2 weeks. Tropicanna Poison is outgrowing all of the others. Not sure if it's a hybrid vigor thing or just good genetics.

Lemon hazes are just now starting to show sex... I probably stunted them at some point.

She's coming down in the next few days.

Finally starting to fatten up a bit

The chosen one

Pink pistils like her grandma (you can't really tell from the pic, but they're there)
Fantastic

Some pics from yesterday.
2 of the twilight crosses got chopped the day before.

Lemon hazes got some light lst done

Teabaggers looking pretty stable for now.

Tropicanna poison is growing a lot faster than the others

Back
Top Bottom