Herb grinders and the kief catcher

LOL, pretty hard for me to grind just enough for one sitting ;)

I am as they say a cheap date, he, he..

A one hitter pipe full is usually enough for an evening !

I grind 1/8 - 1/4 and store in a 250ml glass jar. Stay fresh enough until it's empty :bongrip:

But coffee is another matter. I have a Breville Dose Control grinder and grind a double dose fresh every morning !

Cheers
I wonder where the line is...I consume about 4g a day in just flower..maybe another gram in rosin...I have friends who easily double my intake...

Just use a coffee grinder. You push the button once or twice and you're done. It's way less effort and you're be surprised the amount of trichomes you can get out of the lid with a brush after. Or by just running the coffee grinder with nothing in it upside down and then smacking the lid on the table. Way more than the kief catchers and better quality. A decade ago, we used to modify our coffee grinder lids to collect more trichomes too. Kief catchers don't collect much unless you forcefully sift your material. That's what the washer / coin is doing. Or you can rub the material over the screen using the bottom of your lighter or whatever else. Still way too much effort.

I wonder where the line is...I consume about 4g a day in just flower..maybe another gram in rosin...I have friends who easily double my intake...
Yikes ;)

I should clarify, on a normal work day I usually don't smoke until late afternoon. Power tools, etc.

But I am one of the lucky few who don't need much to get to where I want to be !

As in, get a few things done, talk, walk, not too much trouble with the compfuser, cook supper, etc.

I do have friends that can smoke joints all day long. And I will participate to a certain degree.

But, geez. Enough is enough :yahoo:

I do go the odd day without smoking but if I've been testing a recent harvest for awhile that amount could double :bongrip:

So this got me curious. My one hitter pipe holds .14g....

That is my norm.....

A day off, maybe a half gram....

Cheers

Just use a coffee grinder. You push the button once or twice and you're done. It's way less effort and you're be surprised the amount of trichomes you can get out of the lid with a brush after. Or by just running the coffee grinder with nothing in it upside down. Way more than the kief catchers and better quality. A decade ago, we used to modify our coffee grinder lids to collect more trichomes too. Kief catchers don't collect much unless you forcefully sift your material. That's what the washer / coin is doing. Or you can rub the material over the screen using the bottom of your lighter or whatever else. Still way too much effort.
I find a hand grinder gives me the consistency I'm looking for.

And I want my kief with my bud.

But a coffee grinder is definitely less hand work !

Cheers

If it's a consistency thing then just push the button twice. It'll be coarse and not finely ground.
Nothing wrong with doing it manually though. I'm just lazy and hate how caked up the grinder gets from my sticky nugs.

This is the one I got. Smooth threads on the machining part, no oil residue or anything and it has some nice knurling on the sides that helps with grip. Fluffy grind every time!

9FB5F227-33C5-43BE-9C52-7E1F14C0DDC4.png

Yikes ;)

I should clarify, on a normal work day I usually don't smoke until late afternoon. Power tools, etc.

But I am one of the lucky few who don't need much to get to where I want to be !

As in, get a few things done, talk, walk, not too much trouble with the compfuser, cook supper, etc.

I do have friends that can smoke joints all day long. And I will participate to a certain degree.

But, geez. Enough is enough :yahoo:

I do go the odd day without smoking but if I've been testing a recent harvest for awhile that amount could double :bongrip:

So this got me curious. My one hitter pipe holds .14g....

That is my norm.....

A day off, maybe a half gram....

Cheers
I know I should consume a little less, but you should totally consume more!!

i use a coffee grinder. i let the kief build up inside and usually make a cheap hash out of it every once in a while. i stash the hash at my parents place so there's always something around to smoke there. i've got piles of the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom